Olympics: Russia possibly disqualified from Pyeongchang (UPD: IOC Suspends Team Russia)

LuckyLuke87

May 11, 2010
Prague
Olympic committee in Lausanne is deciding today, whether Russian athletes will be allowed to participate in this Winter Olympics. The most likely scenario is, that only Russian athletes who are able to prove they're clean (= not tested by Russian anti-doping agency that has been manipulating samples) will be allowed to start, under neutral flag. This would be grim news for all Russian teams, as they wouldn't be allowed to start under Russian flag either.

For Russian hockey, this would mean no Olympics in 2018. That would be an ironic scenario, considering how many Russian players chose KHL over NHL for having a chance to play there. Just from the top of my head - Kovalchuk, Gusev, Datsyuk, Tryamkin, Gavrikov...

Let's see how it eventually plays out, but it would be a huge loss for the hockey tournament - already devoid of NHL talent, now possibly losing even the best from KHL...

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Whoever wins is gonna have the most hollow feeling victory of all time. You want to be the best, which means beating the best. Everything about this Olympics has been a mess. Hopefully everything gets back on track in 2022.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
If Russia is out than that means the KHL is also likely out which will make the Olympic Hockey Tournament even more of a joke.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I'm wondering whether their propaganda strikes that far and hard or your brain is that helpless.
See, i dont know whether to laugh or cry at the fact you didnt even understand i was talking about propoganda meant for internal consumption i.e. for the common Russian folk.

Reactions: Mac DeMarco

alce

Sep 29, 2017
See, i dont know whether to laugh or cry at the fact you didnt even understand i was talking about propoganda meant for internal consumption i.e. for the common Russian folk.

I don't even know whether to laugh or cry at the fact that you didn't even understand that this would have effect right opposite of what you desire. Almost nobody believes in this shit in Russia, which you can clearly see by reading Russian posters here.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I don't even know whether to laugh or cry at the fact that you didn't even understand that this would have effect right opposite of what you desire. Almost nobody believes in this **** in Russia, which you can clearly see by reading Russian posters here.
Maybe,maybe not. But its about fair play and if theres suffiecient evidence for banning of the team, its the right thing to do.

alce

Sep 29, 2017
Latvia may not be a superpower, but like it or not KHL compared to NHL is straight garbage and nobody outside Russia takes it seriously.

I couldn't care less about what outsiders think about KHL. Same as NHL fans probably woudn't care about my opinion on NHL.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I couldn't care less about what outsiders think about KHL. Same as NHL fans probably woudn't care about my opinion on NHL.
Hell, opinion is probably irrelevant here. I hope to god you arent actually suggesting KHL can even come close to the quality of NHL? Its like two different universes.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
sadovie.gif

live ovi look in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad