Russia keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safir*

Really good question.

Toskala started in the last three games for the Sharks and I don't think that Krikunov trusts Bryzgalov as his starter. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sokolov in goal.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Kärppä32 said:
Really good question.

Toskala started in the last three games for the Sharks and I don't think that Krikunov trusts Bryzgalov as his starter. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sokolov in goal.

oh please no !

Simagin

Nov 18, 2002
If I remember correctly Krikunov even said that Sokolov will be in Goal for the first TWO games. Krikunov justified his decision with something like "they (Nabokov and Bryzgalov) won't be in shape after their flights." :shakehead

Nazzy-19

Mar 3, 2004
Vancouver
Hasn't Bryzgalov been playing really well for the Ducks lately? Someone explain to me what is the love affair between Sokolov and the Russian National Team?

shawn_kemp*

I was kidding though.

he'll probably start the 1st game, that's all

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
shawn_kemp said:
I was kidding though.

Probably not a bad idea. I imagine Slovakia will go with one of the guys who are here as well.

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
shawn_kemp said:
I was kidding though.

He's not that bad vs European teams, but he admitedly isn't comfortable starting against North Americans.

I know, choosing Sokolov was more of a political decision, yet I whould not want a goalie, who's AFRAID to play North Americans on my Olympic team.

What a joke!

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
moneyp said:
Probably not a bad idea. I imagine Slovakia will go with one of the guys who are here as well.

Sokolov was supposed to start in the first 2 games.
I mean 1 game's ok, but 2................hmm............. :shakehead

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
Ovechkin_mvp said:
Sokolov was supposed to start in the first 2 games.
I mean 1 game's ok, but 2................hmm............. :shakehead

Well if he gets thumped in Game One, the coach will probably reconsider that decision, don'tcha think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->