Russia game - Important?

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Hey he still won the Olympics...I'd say he must be doing something right...I wouldn't complain if I were you just yet.

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
The difference from the Olympics is that this time there is no easier team you get to play if you loose. There is not much to be gained by winning the group either, so there is no reason to give everything for the win.... especially with the quarterfinals being played on Wendsday. The russians would probably take it easy as well if it wasn't for the fact that they play at home.

And about Lundqvist..... he will be jet- laged for most of what is left of the tournament. Do we need a jet-laged goalie, especially when Backlund is playing like he is doing right now?

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
I'd give Sweden an edge in this game anyway. Russia has two players out of the line-up, Zinoviev being an irreplacable loss. All lines are messed up now.

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany
The difference from the Olympics is that this time there is no easier team you get to play if you loose. There is not much to be gained by winning the group either, so there is no reason to give everything for the win.... especially with the quarterfinals being played on Wendsday. The russians would probably take it easy as well if it wasn't for the fact that they play at home.

Well, fitness is only one aspect, the other one is confidence. It could be a great boost for the Swedish team if they can beat the Russians. On the other hand they mostly have one bad game per championship, so... ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->