Russ Brandon resigns as Sabres / Bills President, Kim Pegula assumes role

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
The Hockey Gods have blessed us with such a plentiful harvest!

Seriously though, Brandon was a f***ing idiot.

Reactions: Dingo44

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Wow. Didn't think I'd see this. Especially not with this timing. It seemed liked Brandon did well in terms of ticket sales. But he also tried to have a hand in player selection which seemed dumb. Stories portray him as too much of a mastermind trying to influence everything and everybody. For two bad teams, for too long. He kept his job far longer than anyone should be expected to keep their job with the type of losing the Bills have done for the last 20 years and the Sabres for the last 10.

Edit: Wow. Inappropriate behavior with female employees and other aspects of his personal life.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
An NFL and NHL team president fired over a sexual misconduct scandal.

This is going to hit the national sports media.

I expect an article on Deadspin soon.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Is Kim taking over permanently or will they hire a president of hockey ops? Hoping the latter. Pegulas seem to be over involved.

Glad Brandon is stepping down.

Edit- just saw why he is stepping down. Ick.

Reactions: MATTHEWSisGretzky

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Where are you guys getting this sexual misconduct thing?

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Can this week get any better?

Got an unexpected $500 bonus last Monday.

Weather has been perfect. Sunny. No humidity. Highs in the upper 70s / low 80s. Lows in the 50s.

My seasonal allergies which beat me down for 8 weeks are abating.

Cape Cod chips on sale $1.49 a bag, limit qty 4. Made 3 separate purchases to stock up.

My wife and I had lunch today and were playfully talking about ensuring I don't fall asleep in the recliner too early tonight. :naughty:

Need to buy a lottery ticket. Heck, I'll buy two!!

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Interesting. Glad Brandon is gone, I didn't like him from day one. I don't like Kim taking over, though. They better hire someone for the long-term and not make that a permanent thing for her.

Reactions: MATTHEWSisGretzky

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Cape Cod chips are untouchable, @brian_griffin

In 1993, I used to hope and pray one of my friends’ moms gave him the snack bag of them (he hated them and I wasn’t obsessed)...

From the weird: the 40% reduced fat ones are better to me. Not as salty or greasy but still out of this world.

Bye, Russ

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Where are you guys getting this sexual misconduct thing?

In the article?

Kim Pegula on Friday informed Brandon an internal investigation was being conducted. Two sources with knowledge of the investigation said it was triggered by allegations of inappropriate relationships with female employees.

When confronted by Kim Pegula, the sources said, Brandon denied any such relationships, but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered.

Reactions: Beerz

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Interesting. Glad Brandon is gone, I didn't like him from day one. I don't like Kim taking over, though. They better hire someone for the long-term and not make that a permanent thing for her.

It's just business stuff...not hockey related...she may be qualified

Reactions: brian_griffin

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
They won't. They're very firmly set on the concept that being very rich makes them experts in running professional sports teams. If anything, Russ leaving is just one less person to argue with, however feebly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad