Rushfit

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
So I was super skeptical about even trying this program. Seemed low budget and more of a gimmick than anything. I like GSP and all, but I have to admit I thought it was stupid that he was a part of this production. I could not have been more wrong. As a veteran and huge fan of all things Shaun T (Insanity, T25, Asylum, Max:30), I have to say that GSP Rushfit has surpassed them all and sits atop for the best program I have ever done. There is nothing fancy about it at all, but it is functional training at its finest. Erik Owings, his trainer, certainly knows his stuff and is easy to follow.

Just wanted to share that experience and give credit where credit it due. Would be interested to hear other people's experience, too.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I did Rushfit for a while a few years ago. It's pretty good. I've only ever done P90X (never finished it) beforehand and I thought P90X was more difficult. One thing I hated was that the warm up is the same for every single workout. I eventually started skipping it.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I too did Rushfit years ago, didn't like it as much as P90X, the one warm-up as Whipnash mentioned annoyed me as I felt certain body parts weren't warmed up properly depending on the workout. End of the day it was still a good program, Erik Ownings knows his stuff. Only reason I liked P90X because I could mute the music and Tony, but get the cues, and put on my music. With Rushfit I had to listen to GSP yammer on.

Personally, my favourite home workout is still the Bas Rutten CDs. All-Around Workout FTW!

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I did a few of the Rushfit workouts quite regularly a couple years ago before I switched to doing all of my cardio on the bike. Liked it a lot. Especially the Plyo workout. I would usually modify an exercise here or there.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Warm ups are definitely low budget with the same one for all workouts. On the flip side I feel like it did exactly what it was supposed to do.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Just did the Explosive training DVD. That was a lot of fun and a heck of a workout. It is no doubt good for athletes, but it is really good for anyone considering (or already in) a field like law enforcement, firefighting, or perhaps military as a lot of the physical stuff can be more fast twitch muscle activity. The whole set is good for those fields, actually, but this DVD in particular is very good.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I did Rushfit for a full year a couple years back. I was pretty much a beginner at working out like this so it was exactly what I needed. Loved it. I now go to the gym though so I haven't done it in a while, but it's definitely something I would recommend either to a novice or someone who just can't get out to the gym.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad