Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Kypreos: OTT & EDM have had Hoffman for Picks/Prospects talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
So instead of being Buyers with alot of cap space come trade deadline.. Oilers are gonna be Sellers.. with alot of cap space.

"We'll sell you our players AND take on some crap salary for you!"

That should get us some good draft picks in return.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So instead of being Buyers with alot of cap space come trade deadline.. Oilers are gonna be Sellers.. with alot of cap space.

"We'll sell you our players AND take on some crap salary for you!"

That should get us some good draft picks in return.

If Chia and Katz are willing to go that route. We'd be fools not to if we are clearly out of it by then.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I would consider it a win as well especially if his ask is more than we're willing to shell out.

The contract discussions have been mighty quiet and to top it off he's been bumped off of McDavid's wing.
I bet Chia wants to see what Maroon has without McDavid to either knock down the price (hopefully) or see if he can get anything of value out of him.
I still think at absolute best from a desperate team that Maroon might bring back a 2nd. More likely than not a 3rd.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I bet Chia wants to see what Maroon has without McDavid to either knock down the price (hopefully) or see if he can get anything of value out of him.
I still think at absolute best from a desperate team that Maroon might bring back a 2nd. More likely than not a 3rd.

A 3rd is ridiculous. Name me 20 guys that bring what Maroon brings and can score 15+ goals.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Not sure if rumor or speculation (sounded more like speculation) but Lowetide just mentioned something about bringing Perry Pearn in to fix the powerplay. I just caught the tail end of it but sounded more like wishful thinking.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
maroon gets a 1st no question from a playoff team that needs physicality and depth scoring. pure rental cost would get a late 20s pick

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
A 3rd is ridiculous. Name me 20 guys that bring what Maroon brings and can score 15+ goals.
Thats the thing. Does Maroon score 15+ goals away from McDavid? Other teams will look at that too. How many teams have a guy like McDavid to put him beside to elevate him to 15+ goals? David Perron, a PROVEN point producer got us Klinkhammer and a 1st.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If things continue as they are going I could see a deal at the deadline of

To NJ: Letestu and Maroon

To EDM: 1st Rd pick, Noesen and Brandon Gignac

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Honestly I would be surprised if this team makes the playoffs at this point. Somethings wrong with the team. TM and his coaching staff have failed. If TM is unwilling to fire his assistants, he should go. Chiarelli has failed. He should get a short rope.

Move out players like Maroon, Letestu for picks or younger prospects with a future. Pick up a potential backup if they have a future. Move Gryba out. If you can pick up some cheap wingers or defenders that have potential, do it. Leave Nurse and RNH alone. Leave Klefbom alone.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Not sure if rumor or speculation (sounded more like speculation) but Lowetide just mentioned something about bringing Perry Pearn in to fix the powerplay. I just caught the tail end of it but sounded more like wishful thinking.
Well I'm not sure how that would look results-wise. But I am fond of the possibility of Perry Pearn's Pretty Proven Perfect Powerplay.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
If things continue as they are going I could see a deal at the deadline of

To NJ: Letestu and Maroon

To EDM: 1st Rd pick, Noesen and Brandon Gignac

Shero is a smart GM cant see him trading a 1st for rentals in his teams 1st year of competing.

mullet

Aug 2, 2005
Maroon isn't resigning here. Its a matter of time until he's traded. At this point it is just what a reasonable return looks like. Not as sure about letestu as he contracts demands won't be as high so he could stay on. Could replace with Malone or we could trade him at deadline and then resign after season.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Shero is a smart GM cant see him trading a 1st for rentals in his teams 1st year of competing.

Well, that's actually what Chia didn't do last year as well.

And the jury is out as to whether Chia is a smart GM.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Let's not forget that Chiarelli squandered a key leverage piece from last summer: the Oilers no longer have being potentially a stanley cup contender in their bag of negotiation tricks. You can drive prices down on UFAs and re-signings if you can offer the chance of a championship. Are guys going to consider signing for less now that the Oilers offer no reasonable prospect for success? Doubt it. Prices just went up. Good thing Chiarelli is banking all that cap space . . .

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
That lack of rumors from legitimate sources have me worried that Chia doesn't even have any irons in the fire and hopes that this team is going to wake up one day and know how to compete again. Either that or if this team has another bad week, he hopes a new coach can turn it around. Hopefully the latter.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
That lack of rumors from legitimate sources have me worried that Chia doesn't even have any irons in the fire and hopes that this team is going to wake up one day and know how to compete again. Either that or if this team has another bad week, he hopes a new coach can turn it around. Hopefully the latter.

There has been quite a few rumours lately that hes been the busiest GM in the league. Honestly at this point, I wonder if no action is better especially with how some of his trades have turned out.

I know it sucks but maybe its better to just let Brossoit and Ellis run with it, at least then he (or future GM) should know what he has moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad