Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Kypreos: OTT & EDM have had Hoffman for Picks/Prospects talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Roster SizeSalary CapCap HitBonusesCap Space
23$77,000,000$76,947,833$2,762,500$52,167
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
Delete Created or Signed PlayerPlace on LTIR (Rookie-mode
q.svg
)
Place on LTIR (Pro-mode
q.svg
)
BuyoutAdd to Trade
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Neal, James
$5,700,000
LW
UFA
McDavid, Connor
$12,500,000
C
UFA - 8
Puljujärvi, Jesse
$925,000
RW
RFA - 1
Lucic, Milan
$6,000,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
Draisaitl, Leon
$8,500,000
C
UFA - 7
Yamamoto, Kailer
$925,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
Benson, Tyler
$839,166
LW
RFA - 2
Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan
$6,000,000
C
UFA - 3
Grabner, Michael
$2,000,000
RW
UFA
Khaira, Jujhar
$675,000
LW
RFA - 1
Ryan, Derek
$1,000,000
C
UFA
Kassian, Zack
$1,950,000
RW
UFA - 2
Walker, Nathan
$650,000
LW
RFA - 1
Malone, Brad
$650,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Klefbom, Oscar
$4,167,000
D
UFA - 5
Larsson, Adam
$4,166,667
D
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Talbot, Cam
$4,166,667
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Sekera, Andrej
$5,500,000
D
NMC
UFA - 3
Russell, Kris
$4,000,000
D
NMC
UFA - 3
Khudobin, Anton
$1,200,000
UFA
Nurse, Darnell
$2,500,000
D
RFA
Gryba, Eric
$900,000
D
UFA - 1
Stanton, Ryan
$700,000
D
UFA - 1
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
what do you guys think of this lineup for next year?
Four thoughts:
1) Those signings are cheap for Neal, Grabner, and Nurse (Nurse is only taking that on a bridge deal)
2) RNH is really getting the short end of the stick linemates wise
3) Depending too heavily on youth? IMO you always assume a certain amount of failure or inadequacy in young players and prepare accordingly and be pleased in the event your concerns are misplaced.
4) While Neal has certainly played some LW in the past, he is the definition of a sniper in the modern NHL he should be on his off-wing for one-timer purposes.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
i don't think we will be able to afford Benning plus we have Jones & Bear as well
If we can't afford Matt Benning, I struggle to see how we can afford James Neal. I don't see us going out and acquiring the big name free agents over the next few seasons. Lucic and Sekera were our big dips. The rest is gonna have to be through development, reclamation projects and plug and play veteran forwards.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Roster SizeSalary CapCap HitBonusesCap Space
23$77,000,000$76,947,833$2,762,500$52,167
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
Delete Created or Signed PlayerPlace on LTIR (Rookie-mode
q.svg
)
Place on LTIR (Pro-mode
q.svg
)
BuyoutAdd to Trade
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Neal, James
$5,700,000
LW
UFA
McDavid, Connor
$12,500,000
C
UFA - 8
Puljujärvi, Jesse
$925,000
RW
RFA - 1
Lucic, Milan
$6,000,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
Draisaitl, Leon
$8,500,000
C
UFA - 7
Yamamoto, Kailer
$925,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
Benson, Tyler
$839,166
LW
RFA - 2
Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan
$6,000,000
C
UFA - 3
Grabner, Michael
$2,000,000
RW
UFA
Khaira, Jujhar
$675,000
LW
RFA - 1
Ryan, Derek
$1,000,000
C
UFA
Kassian, Zack
$1,950,000
RW
UFA - 2
Walker, Nathan
$650,000
LW
RFA - 1
Malone, Brad
$650,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Klefbom, Oscar
$4,167,000
D
UFA - 5
Larsson, Adam
$4,166,667
D
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Talbot, Cam
$4,166,667
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Sekera, Andrej
$5,500,000
D
NMC
UFA - 3
Russell, Kris
$4,000,000
D
NMC
UFA - 3
Khudobin, Anton
$1,200,000
UFA
Nurse, Darnell
$2,500,000
D
RFA
Gryba, Eric
$900,000
D
UFA - 1
Stanton, Ryan
$700,000
D
UFA - 1
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
what do you guys think of this lineup for next year?

I'd say your cap estimate is too low. Based on early reprts uless the $CDN tanks the cop may be closer to $85M than $77M. Id's say $82 is a reasonable guess right now which gives you $5M more to play with. But based on his play todate you also have Nurse lower than he is likely to get.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Maroon - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Lucic - Nugent-Hopkins - Girgensons
Cammalleri - Draisaitl - Strome
Khaira - Letestu - Kassian
Caggiula, Walker

Nurse - Larsson
Klefbom - Benning
Sekera - Russell
Davidson

Talbot
Johnson

Slepyshev, Lowe and a couple mid-rounders. Do it now, Chia. Get a goalie, fix the f***ing PK. It's embarrassing.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
I expect a trade before Habs game on Saturday, Maroon + Brossoit + 1st for Chad Johnson + Evander Kane + (3rd).. saw a post like this on Twitter, I could almost see Chia hitting the panic button and doing it.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I expect a trade before Habs game on Saturday, Maroon + Brossoit + 1st for Chad Johnson + Evander Kane + (3rd).. saw a post like this on Twitter, I could almost see Chia hitting the panic button and doing it.

At this point they can't trade that 1st unless it is a home run deal. As much as I am holding out hope for a playoff spot, irrationally I know, that pick in a draft this strong is too valuable for a rental type move. If that pick ends up being a top 3 it is an asset that you package for a guy like OEL not for Evander Kane.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
If there's a decent deal on the table for Maroon it might be worth pulling the trigger now. I don't think he's got much of a spot moving forward (mostly due to the Lucic deal and LW position). You cannot have both Maroon and Lucic in your top 6 in today's NHL. Neither has any speed and McDavid needs someone on his wing who can keep up. I'd be fine with using Maroon to address the goalie need as long as you're also getting a PKing forward back.

Reactions: rickysusedsht

Shane Goudie

Jul 8, 2009
If there's a decent deal on the table for Maroon it might be worth pulling the trigger now. I don't think he's got much of a spot moving forward (mostly due to the Lucic deal and LW position). You cannot have both Maroon and Lucic in your top 6 in today's NHL. Neither has any speed and McDavid needs someone on his wing who can keep up. I'd be fine with using Maroon to address the goalie need as long as you're also getting a PKing forward back.

I would love to see Luke Glendening acquired for PK purposes. I wouldn't even mind seeing Mrazic brought in as a backup. He's RFA and won't be getting a heavy contract for the foreseeable future. Detroit wouldn't want Maroon but maybe part of the Maroon package could be swung over to Detroit.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Don't see much difference for next year. It will be much the same roster minus Maroon's 20+ goals, which Pulju or Yamamoto will have to make up. Not a chance that James Neal signs for that low.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Lol Maroon isn't going to score 20 this year, especially if he's not on McDavid's line.

Should've traded him in the offseason at peak value.

He's on a 23 goal pace right now.

This team is going to score less without him no two ways around it.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Honestly, don't hold your breath. LB played just good enough to keep his starters job for another two straight starts.

I want to see an NHL backup goalie acquired just as much, but Chiarelli's hands glued to his ass.

mullet

Aug 2, 2005
No big trades will happen. Once the management comes to the understanding the season is lost, and it is now, I think the team will start picking apart the team moving out the UFAs like Letestu and Maroon for picks. They will free up lots of contract spots next year and will focus on the college UFA once again to stock the cupboard. Maybe an offseason trade of Klefbom or Nurse (as he looks for a homerun contract) for some scoring help as opposed to a UFA. The Drai contract looks horrible at the moment and the fact that we wasted McD final contract year is a joke. Chia has to get gassed or there is no accountability in the system. We need to stop the madness.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
No big trades will happen. Once the management comes to the understanding the season is lost, and it is now, I think the team will start picking apart the team moving out the UFAs like Letestu and Maroon for picks. They will free up lots of contract spots next year and will focus on the college UFA once again to stock the cupboard. Maybe an offseason trade of Klefbom or Nurse (as he looks for a homerun contract) for some scoring help as opposed to a UFA. The Drai contract looks horrible at the moment and the fact that we wasted McD final contract year is a joke. Chia has to get gassed or there is no accountability in the system. We need to stop the madness.

No way in hell should they trade Nurse. He's turning into that d-man the Oilers drafted and developed within their own system that we as fans have been wanting forever and he's only going to get better . He's going to eventually become that d-man other teams are going to hate playing against and fans of other teams will wish they had him. Give him a bridge contract to further his development and put the ball in his court to earn the big pay day in another season or two. Larsson and Nurse are the only two d-men who should not be made available for trade going forward. Sekera...we'll see how bad this knee injury affects his mobility. Klefbom, I'm up in the air about. If the return is out of the park then go for it, but his contract numbers are pretty nice and I have faith he'll regain his form.

mullet

Aug 2, 2005
You have to trade something of value to get scoring and the reality is that Klefbom has a nice contract a $4M for many years. Unless you get nurse on a long term for the same you have to look at it. Cap matters and Drai got too much for what he is bringing plus you have the Lucic and Russell boat anchor contracts.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
You have to trade something of value to get scoring and the reality is that Klefbom has a nice contract a $4M for many years. Unless you get nurse on a long term for the same you have to look at it. Cap matters and Drai got too much for what he is bringing plus you have the Lucic and Russell boat anchor contracts.

I understand you have to give to get, that's a no brainer. If I was a GM, I'd be building my team from the back end out and not the front end back. If they were to trade Nurse now, it will haunt the Oilers for years -I'd trade Klefbom before him. No disagreement with the rest of your post about the other contracts.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Where is the 2018 draft thread?? LOL... We CAN'T trade that 1st pick now - looking like it will be top 5-7 at worst and there's some solid DMen and a couple solid RW's and even a Tkatchuk in the top names in the draft... I CANNOT believe that I'm talking draft already, that's what a tire fire this season has become. So very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->