Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oilers (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Who's the next Hyman/Ekholm we are going to sign/trade for? - our default question for the next decade

Reactions: McDoused

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Substantially less than 2-3 months honestly. A Hallmark movie is like probably a 3-5 week shoot tops.

Big budget studio movies can shoot for months but made for TV stuff, nah.

Exactly. Pretty sure most Oiler's wife/girlfriend is holidaying for that amount of time anyways at some point through the year. Complete nothing-burger.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
This place becomes the most depressing place in Edmonton sometimes.

McDavid and Leon aren't going anywhere. Just because the media is pretending like they know what's going to happen doesn't mean either want to leave.

Just relax guys and take a breath
They will do anything in their power to make it into a reality dating show. Then when the final decision comes in they will report like they knew all along

Media nowadays is designed to cause controversy

The only person to listen to during these negotiations is Stauffer. he will shoot it straight

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
When asked about extending and sticking with McDavid earlier this year Draisaitl said, and this is the real quote: “at the end of the day I’m going to do what’s best for me”. Since then we’ve only heard doubt and concern being expressed about the situation from insiders.

Therefore, based on what we’ve been hearing, I’m not sure why some people are still so confident he’s staying. maybe he wants to get out of McDavid’s shadow and is sick of getting trashed by mouth-breathers for being “lazy” and having bad body language despite being objectively one of the GOAT Oilers and a future HOFer
The amount of criticism that Draisaitl gets is nothing compared to what any of the goalies the Oilers have had in his entire tenure as a Oiler. Him potentially leaving would be because lifestyle and nothing else.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
Gazzola was saying that Drai wants to stay and that the money will get sorted out.

I will take his opinion as being an accurate statement of the current status of things unless there is a more recent statement on this issue.
When did he say that? Major if true

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Has anyone credible even said anything about Leon's next contract?

The timing just seems stupid as you can't sign him anyway and we are in a playoff seeding race.

Seems like some sort of shit narrative leaked from Toronto again.
I'd just put it on local media looking for clicks. My speculation is that Leon might want to sign but might wait to see what McDavid does. That means Leon would dip his toes in UFA status

But who knows? Maybe Drai won't mind rolling the die and risking being our 1C. It wouldn't surprise me. There's more to like here other than McDavid

Reactions: Oilhawks

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
Gazzola was saying that Drai wants to stay and that the money will get sorted out.

I will take his opinion as being an accurate statement of the current status of things unless there is a more recent statement on this issue.

No offense to Tom but since he stopped working for the Oilers it's been years since he had an inside scoop on anything other than alternate jerseys or the latest specials at Boston Pizza. I listen to the Oil Stream regularly and I'm convinced he tries to make it sound like he's more connected to the team than he really is.

Reactions: commie

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Vinny gets way more, he's a lot better.

If anything that deal assures Desharnais leaves as a UFA
Benoit is actually a very good high end comparable for Desharnais.

Benoits TOI is on average 2 min 30 sec more than Vinnys and he has also played 191 NHL games compared to Vinnys 103 NHL games.

In terms of comparables for Vinny the Benoit contract is very good news IMO.

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The key difference between Benoit and Desharnais is Benoit was an RFA. I believe two of the three years of Benoit's new deal are RFA years if my math is right.

Desharnais should make more simply because his contract will be purely UFA years.

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad