Rumor: Rumours & Proposals - (Chia discussion will be met with a threadban)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
I agree with you but who knows, I am just some shmuck passing on what I was told ....
Yeah, I don't mean to question you because you could be right and it makes sense. But years and years of hearing rumours has left me only taking 1 or 2 sources seriously.

Also, if the price is Yamamoto I would not do a trade for Hoffman. Hate the idea of trading away a player who wanted us to draft him + said we'd regret it if we didn't. I like that confidence and I think that will benefit this team in due time.

Reactions: Darkwinter

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I can't see them trading Yamamoto this soon. His ELC and position makes him all the more valuable to the team for the next three years as well.

I'd love to see Hoffman on the Oilers but salary is going to have to be moved out somewhere.

Reactions: OilDrop37

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The one thing I will toss into the Ottawa discussion is their recent history of avoiding Russian players, which may throw some cold water on the Slepyshev 'rumor'.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I would rage forever if a trade for Hoffman included Puljujarvi.

You want a goal-scoring winger for McDavid? Oh, look--we have one coming along right now.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Hoffman+Pageau(sp?) for Pulju+RNH+1st(unprotected). How does that sound?

Pulju should not even be considered as part of any trade for Hoffman and Pageau.

He's just starting to show what he's capable of and it looks like he's the perfect winger for McDavid. We still need cheap ELC talent.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Hoffman for Slepyshev, a 2nd and a 4th. Seems like enough to me.

Not sure if Ottawa would go for that although I'd be for it.

I like Slepyshev but his inability to stay healthy this season has really hurt him. Seems like the coaches have decided they like Caggiula better which I'm not sure is the right call.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, I don't mean to question you because you could be right and it makes sense. But years and years of hearing rumours has left me only taking 1 or 2 sources seriously.

Also, if the price is Yamamoto I would not do a trade for Hoffman. Hate the idea of trading away a player who wanted us to draft him + said we'd regret it if we didn't. I like that confidence and I think that will benefit this team in due time.

From how he seems to be sulking in the W, he's making us regret taking him at all.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
And you're the one who constantly calls Chia "Chiaturd". Thats an abysmal deal for the Oilers, far worse than anything Chiaturd has done.

And you call Chiarelli bad? That's absolutely awful.

I asked how does that sound because something like that could just happen and I guess that I should have answered my own question. I would be very, very pissed to see that kind of trade happen. But hey, crazy things just happen.

Also I will be replying that trade comment in the proper thread.

Edit: nah, I won't.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I asked how does that sound because something like that could just happen and I guess that I should have answered my own question. I would be very, very pissed to see that kind of trade happen. But hey, crazy things just happen.
I don't really see why that type of trade seems likely. JP is big, strong and fast and has been playing great, while RNH is loved by McLellan and also playing great. Why would "Chiaturd" bring in a small scrappy 3rd line centre and a soft fast skilled sniper while adding cap hit?

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
hmm,interesting experiment.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
I don't really see why that type of trade seems likely. JP is big, strong and fast and has been playing great, while RNH is loved by McLellan and also playing great. Why would "Chiaturd" bring in a small scrappy 3rd line centre and a soft fast skilled sniper while adding cap hit?

Well you know, Pulju needs to be paid and by adding our 1st sens could retain a bit on Hoffman contract! Use your imagination!

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Guy's he's clearly saying that Chia is a moron and would make a dumb trade like that.
(I disagree personally)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad