Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Kypreos: OTT & EDM have had Hoffman for Picks/Prospects talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I don't know if I calculated wrong, or made liberal estimates for contracts, but I think a lineup of:

Lucic-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Hoffman-Draisaitl-Strome
Slepyshev-RNH-Kassian
Walker-Caggiula-Khaira

Nurse-Larsson
Sekera-Russell
Klefbom-Davidson

Talbot
Brossoit

fits under an estimated 80 million cap. The issues would be the year after, when JP would need to be re-signed.

I posted another item where I broke down the cap situation for the next two years--players in need of a new contract and or players we were kicking to the street where I gave my perspective on things

as for the other post who said Klefbom is not on the ice--that sort of makes sense

Kelf at 4.16 for Hoffman 5.17 only 1 mill more

On D we have when healthy Klef(4) Larrson(4) Sekera (5) Russell(4) Nurse, Benning and davidson--with Gryba being extra and Auviti getting run over by santa clause

if we add Hoffman we need to have a contract between 4 to 6 a year going the other way

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Puljujarvi on the PP this morning, praise be to the hockey Gords.
gordie-howe-1970-34.jpg

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Hoffman would be Eberle 2.0 for the fans. Heck of a shot, great 1-timer (unlike Ebs, but Ebs has a more accurate shot). But he is also a zero contact player. When he's struggling to score, there is potential for fans to turn on him. And his price tag is right in line with Ebs. Ebs is a better playmaker and worth the extra money in comparison.

I said last year with Hoff, it doesn't matter. He just gets shot off his stick ASAP, something we need and something Eberle couldn't (wouldn't?) provide. Both are limited in what they bring but the former at least isn't afraid to shoot.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Better look around before you say that. The guy right below you says exactly that.
Someone in the OOT thread has doubled down on his silly notion that Strome is 'miles better' than Eberle.
You happy with 'a bit' of production? I'm not.
No wonder some folks are so eager to give Chiarelli the benefit of the doubt in everything he does.
Here in Edmonton we have fans who accept losing trades badly before they are even done.

With that attitude we may as well just pack up and quit.

And Eberle looks 100x better playing with linemates who have a little creativity.

No it's just that 'some fans' have the ability to look at a team or a player's situation and develop a level of foresight regarding what might happen in the near future. But then again, Chiarelli isn't the big, bad GM here to trade away all your favorite players. When you're dealing with bad contracts, it's almost impossible to both clear salary and retain value in the transaction. Any GM trading from that position is going to run into the same problems.

But in regards to Jordan, it was obvious prior to the playoffs last season that he was about to walk the plank in Edmonton.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
To the bolded...Ryan Strome

Watch the Ebs OT goal highlight tonite. The team attacking him and especially Barzal mauling him in joy. That is a kick in the teeth

NYI are a good team now...crazy how a little depth changes everything

Isles fans are praising Chia constantly. It's a slap in the face

If we're talking next summer, yep, Ryan Strome sounds about right. Just now he's without a deal. Also add about $3m of dead cap space somehow, either by cap dumps of retained salary.

With Nuge's improved play, Ebs would be on the uptrend this year. Don't kid yourself. He's playing good with an actual contributing center. Nuge is that C this year,

Nuge and Ebs together would be boasting terrific #'s this year..derp, derp

Maybe Nuge is boasting terrific numbers this year because he's getting line-mates who can actually cycle the puck effectively and don't always rely on scoring off the rush. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is playing his game this year. He didn't turn into Mat Barzal.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
It only took 0-6 and a year of shitty PP for this coaching group to figure this out? That's so entirely depressing, BUT they finally did it.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'm in that age range and I certainly couldn't.

So the Messier, Wayne, Fuhr, Anderson and Kurri deals were not that bad? there are 4 right there and then giving away Nichols afterwards makes 5, the Arnot Deal? Damphouse? and many were still not happy with the Coffey deal--Satan? Czerkawski?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad