Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Chia Talk Ban | Oilers Sign KHL G Mikko Koskinen, What's Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
10th overall for a goalie who is turning 36 November of this year who was pulled multiple times in this last series?

The fork?

Don't look for this board for a lot of logic right--it is a runaway train heading towards a cliff and most poster are saying burn more coal--maybe we can fly

Train-over-a-cliff.png

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
4. Sounds like Edmonton checked in on Ilya Kovalchuk. Not a bad idea, actually. But it won’t happen.

5. Before deciding on Don Waddell as his general manager, Carolina owner Tom Dundon did a phone interview with the Oilers’ vice-president of player development, Scott Howson...

31 Thoughts: What follows for Leafs after Dubas promotion? - Sportsnet.ca

Too bad about Kovalchuk. Woulda been dope to see him and Connor Leon and Nuge on the 1PP.
Also wish Howson had got hired on in some capacity with the Hurricanes.
Can't catch a break.

Reactions: Night Witch

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
4. Sounds like Edmonton checked in on Ilya Kovalchuk. Not a bad idea, actually. But it won’t happen.

5. Before deciding on Don Waddell as his general manager, Carolina owner Tom Dundon did a phone interview with the Oilers’ vice-president of player development, Scott Howson...

Too bad about Kovalchuk. Woulda been dope to see him and Connor Leon and Nuge on the 1PP.
Can't catch a break.

Damn we cant catch a break for sure. Scott Howson leaving would be a good thing. We just need Green and MacTavish to leave next.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
No thanks to Kovalchuk. He is just looking for a payday. He can enjoy his time in NYC where they love big names but have no clue on how to build a championship team.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Well, Chia must have some kind of plan to clear a bit of cap space if he was inquiring about Kovalchuk. Also it might signal we are in the market for a right handed top 6 winger. Who would fit the bill? Something around Klefbom and Mark Stone perhaps? You know Ottawa would like Klefbom's contract and who knows if they want to pay 6-7 mil per for Stone this summer. RNH/McDavid/Stone would be the best line in the league, or he would fit well with Draisaitl too.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Can't catch a break.
Dundon seems incompetent. Canes should be scared.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Kovalchuk would have solved the problem of a right shot on the PP big time.

Not surprised it isn't going to happen though. Not sure what we have to offer him. The opportunity to play with McDavid likely doesn't have much pull with him. Maybe if we were a piece away from being a cup contender the conversation could have gone differently.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Kovalchuk would have solved the problem of a right shot on the PP big time.

Not surprised it isn't going to happen though. Not sure what we have to offer him. The opportunity to play with McDavid likely doesn't have much pull with him. Maybe if we were a piece away from being a cup contender the conversation could have gone differently.

The only pull you get with Kovalchuk is $$$ and a lot of kissing his ass. Glad he is not coming.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
With Dubas the new GM in Toronto I wonder if he'd be willing to pay a heavy price to get Nurse, fills a need, fits the age demographic of their core and he was super high on him in the past.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The only pull you get with Kovalchuk is $$$ and a lot of kissing his ass. Glad he is not coming.

Meh. I don't really care about a players motivations if they're a good player who will contribute. I think even at 35 Kovalchuk would have been good for 20-25 goals and would have solved our PP one-timer problem. I'm also not going to pretend to know what drives a player. Especially a guy who walked away from $77M guaranteed dollars to go back to Russia and play.

Reactions: Crude and Aerrol

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Meh. I don't really care about a players motivations if they're a good player who will contribute. I think even at 35 Kovalchuk would have been good for 20-25 goals and would have solved our PP one-timer problem. I'm also not going to pretend to know what drives a player. Especially a guy who walked away from $77M guaranteed dollars to go back to Russia and play.

For a lot more $,tax free, free luxury vehicle, free place to live. Sorry he’s a complete waste of time. A team is about team. Kovalchuk is all about Kovalchuk.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
I’d be fine for a Nurse for either Nylander/Marner trade (probably a little extra for the latter).

This is assuming that extension talks in TO aren’t off to a good start and Nurse has been very solid shot contributions wise as well as zone exits/entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->