Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Chia Talk Ban | Oilers Sign KHL G Mikko Koskinen, What's Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I'd be looking at doing whaterver possible to dump Sekera and Lucic's contracts for picks, and then go after Neal, Grabner, and Carlson in free agency. Yamamoto's also tearing it up in the WHL, so imo he would be almost a guarantee to make the team:

Yamamoto - McDavid - Draisaitl
Puljujarvi - Nugent-Hopkins - Neal
Grabner - Strome - Slepyshev
Cagguila - Cheap UFA - Kassian

Nurse - Carlson
Klefbom - Larsson
Russel - Davidson/1st round pick

Thoughts?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Klefbom plus RNH for OEL is closer to happening than most realize. I take it that hypothetical wouldn’t interest you.

If my memory serves me correct, Mods let your inside info posts to stand as you have a verified and knowledgeable source. My apologies if I am mistaken and I am confusing you with another poster not named Speedyturtle.

Is RNH expected back soon or before the deadline? I presumed he wouldn't be back until after trade deadline day with his injury. I'd be hesitant to give up both for OEL.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I'd be looking at doing whaterver possible to dump Sekera and Lucic's contracts for picks, and then go after Neal, Grabner, and Carlson in free agency. Yamamoto's also tearing it up in the WHL, so imo he would be almost a guarantee to make the team:

Nurse - Carlson
Klefbom - Larsson

Thoughts?
Yamamoto should not be a guarantee to make the team.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
That Phaneuf trade happened so fast I didn't even get a chance to respond to those that may have wanted him on the Oilers...

NO NO NO NO NOOOOO... f*** NO.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Just the opposite. He has been exceptional on a brutal team. The most underrated dman by far. Years of suck get to you

Same as Smith, much posts about him being garbage. Not so, the guy is Cgy's rock, and their so called D has not supported him much. And's it fitting his detractors are wrong.

Arz without OEL would have been unthinkable as far as how bad they are. Guy is a stud. This year, no blames. he's earned the right to not give a f

It's funny because I usually don't watch much hockey outside of Oilers games anymore. Yet for years, when we'd play Phoenix/Arizona, OEL would always give our top players fits. He's always seemed like a solid defenseman to me.

Klefbom plus RNH for OEL is closer to happening than most realize. I take it that hypothetical wouldn’t interest you.

That seems a bit much to me unless he's signing a team friendly deal ie. $7-7.5 million X 8 years. I'd hate to move Nuge but OEL would really add a legit #1D to our team.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Bangers

May 31, 2006

Both players for 1 year of OEL seems a bit of an overpay (although .... Chia). If you have some inside info on this, would anything else be coming back from ARZ?

Reactions: nabob

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I was on the TSN webpage and they are doing their TradeCentre Match game and they said if Mike Hoffman is traded his best team to go to would be the Oilers. Having a strong winger like Hoffman would be great but I wonder what the Oilers would have to give up to get him? What do you guys think of Hoffman and what do you think it would cost to get him and would it be worth it?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yamamoto should not be a guarantee to make the team.

The only question is whether Kailer will be on McDavid and Draisaitl's line right away or by Halloween, lol who are we kidding. This team has no forward depth and little cap room.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hey another summer where we gut our forward corps even further for another Larsson.

Gee where have I seen this movie before? Hope you like playing with the AHL Condors and a useless Lucic for your forward help Connor.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Both players for 1 year of OEL seems a bit of an overpay (although .... Chia). If you have some inside info on this, would anything else be coming back from ARZ?
It would not surprise me if both RNH and Klefbom went for OEL alone. #1 Ds (already proven) with the ability to score 20 goals/season comes at a price. Klefbom's value is probably lower than it should be right now due to his current play/problmes and RNH value is probably not as high as we'd want it to be, this time (ironically) based on past seasons.

With regards to 1 year of OEL I think it is a given that he will be resigned if he comes to the Oilers. The cap space opened up by Klefbom and RNH would allow us to do that and still have spare change (which we obviously will need).

Last season his mother battled cancer, passing away in March. I think it affected his game last season and probably also this one.

I for one would not be uncomfortable giving up this kind of package for him. If it happens I hope he proves me right...

Reactions: McCupofOil

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
If their going after Ottawa, why just target Hoffman?

Larsson, RNH, Puljujarvi, 2018 1st and 2nd
for
Karlsson and Hoffman

High-risk High-reward deal

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Top defenseman? I would have zero issues with the Oilers coming back with the same D core next year with the assumption that Klefbom is going to bounce back and Sekera will have fully recovered/play the full season. This team needs about 4 new forwards up front and some coaches who can actually run a PP/PK a lot more than it does a top defenseman.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: oilers'72 and nabob

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Top defensemen are drafted or moved with massive overpayment. I know were Oilers are now heading to...

Oct 15, 2008

Nurse - Carlson
Klefbom - Larsson

Thoughts?
Cap dumps for draft picks? You can't even do that on ea sports.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I would rather have Pageau than Hoffman if trading with OTT

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Cap dumps for draft picks? You can't even do that on ea sports.

Some teams with tons of cap space wouldn't mind a physical, consistent 50pt scorer, and I'm sure teams like the leafs and islanders would love a sekera type.

And btw, I don't consider Sekera a cap dump.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Top defenseman? I would have zero issues with the Oilers coming back with the same D core next year with the assumption that Klefbom is going to bounce back and Sekera will have fully recovered/play the full season. This team needs about 4 new forwards up front and some coaches who can actually run a PP/PK a lot more than it does a top defenseman.

Just my opinion.
I disagree... we need a top D more than wingers... Klefbom/Larsson/Sekera all taking the year off is the main reason why we are in this situation..
Benning is garbage too.

Wingers can surely be better but we need to fix our D

Reactions: McCupofOil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->