Speculation: Rumours and trade proposals

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Morning gentlemen. Does anyone know if Colorado scouts are still following the preds around? I'd like to think Girard was involved in the drama last night.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
You think Girard's play is a reason why it fell through?

No, he's played quite well for an undersized 19 year old. He's usually clearly the 4th best defenseman for the Preds when he's on the ice. The reason it fell through is the same reason Duchene has been on the trade block for 2+ years. Joe Sakic

Morning gentlemen. Does anyone know if Colorado scouts are still following the preds around? I'd like to think Girard was involved in the drama last night.

Lots of the posters here (and certainly myself) stopped caring about what Colorado scouts and/or Sakic were doing ages ago. It's highly likely Girard was involved, but I can't speak to the scouting, I grew tired of following the Duchene stuff last year.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Lots of the posters here (and certainly myself) stopped caring about what Colorado scouts and/or Sakic were doing ages ago. It's highly likely Girard was involved, but I can't speak to the scouting, I grew tired of following the Duchene stuff last year.

That was helpful... have a good day gents.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
The further we go into the season the more clear it is that Poile made some mistakes. He had a throw back Barry Trotz themed offseason. It was a very schizophrenic approach when compared to the most recent off-seasons.

I like the Hartnell signing. I’m fine with Bonino.

The Jarnkrok decision, Neal departure, and resting on his laurels offensively was a poor group of decisions.

Still some good moves, but on the whole, this was a hurtful offseason.

I am excluding the draft which was similar to recent drafts with Lavy/Poile combination.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I don't know about Colorado scouts, but it looked like Wade Redden was at the Admirals game last night. I could be wrong, but some athletic looking guy with a gray Van Dyke beard was shown on the scoreboard for about 10 seconds for no particular reason during a time out. It looked like him.

Reactions: Ararana

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I don't have any faith in someone from the Ads giving this team the kind of boost we are talking about.

Also, St. Louis is the deepest and best team in the central at almost every position. The weakest spot they had was at center and they addressed it.

Poile deserves some patience, but at the moment, they current state of the team isn't great, especially at forward.

Why do people think Neal wouldn't have stayed more than one year? He could've signed with us again... or he should've been traded if we weren't planning on keeping him before the expansion draft.

If your looking for the next Gordie Howe, you definitely won't find him in Milwaukee. Pettersson leads the team in scoring with 4 G 7 A in 8 games, Kelleher 5 G 2 A in 8 G, Harry Z 5 G 2 A in 9 games. Trevor Smith 2 G 6 A in 8 games, is injured and did not play last night. The Ads are in first place.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
I don't know about Colorado scouts, but it looked like Wade Redden was at the Admirals game last night. I could be wrong, but some athletic looking guy with a gray Van Dyke beard was shown on the scoreboard for about 10 seconds for no particular reason during a time out. It looked like him.

Wade was there Wednesday night too.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Rumor has it the Preds are who nixed the deal.

According to Dreger and his TSN colleague Bob McKenzie, the Senators were ready to pull the trigger and the Avalanche appeared to have been ready, as well. The snag, it would appear, stemmed from the Predators side of things.

It's unclear as to why, exactly, the deal fell apart, though McKenzie speculated in an interview earlier today on TSN 1200 in Ottawa that it could have resulted in the Predators being unable to sign Turris to a contract extension, or not being allowed to negotiate an extension, or the overall price proved to be too high.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nas171104.html

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
In all honestly i would love to have turris but i wouldn't give up to much for him because he could only be with us until july 1st. He wants a bigger contract, are we in postion to give someone else a 6-7 million dollar contract. Duchene would be a better fit in my opinion. We will have him for 2 years and when his contract is up we have alot of money coming off our books. Plus he would like to resign with the preds more than turris

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
In all honestly i would love to have turris but i wouldn't give up to much for him because he could only be with us until july 1st. He wants a bigger contract, are we in postion to give someone else a 6-7 million dollar contract. Duchene would be a better fit in my opinion. We will have him for 2 years and when his contract is up we have alot of money coming off our books. Plus he would like to resign with the preds more than turris
I wouldnt give up girard unless its for duchene or a extended turris

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Dreger never said the Avs were ready to pull the trigger, not that I've seen so far. In fact, he said the exact opposite just last night. Adrian Dater also said the Avs were never close and Garrioch said the Avs were unhappy with the deal. Lots of conflicting views right now. Also, the fourth period sucks.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Dreger never said the Avs were ready to pull the trigger, not that I've seen so far. In fact, he said the exact opposite just last night. Adrian Dater also said the Avs were never close and Garrioch said the Avs were unhappy with the deal. Lots of conflicting views right now. Also, the fourth period sucks.

It really isn't about TFP. They just reported what Dreger and McKenzie were speculating. I don't see Poile wanting to give Turris 6-7 million per for the next 7-8 years, and I don't see Turris coming off of that. He is UFA after the season and top-6 centers always get PAID.

I think the takeaway from all of this actually is that the Preds are admitting that despite what they wanted, they see that Bonino is not going to be a legit 2C for this team.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
It really isn't about TFP. They just reported what Dreger and McKenzie were speculating. I don't see Poile wanting to give Turris 6-7 million per for the next 7-8 years, and I don't see Turris coming off of that. He is UFA after the season and top-6 centers always get PAID.

I think the takeaway from all of this actually is that the Preds are admitting that despite what they wanted, they see that Bonino is not going to be a legit 2C for this team.

Problem is, Dreger never speculated that, at least not as far as I can find. I did, however, see where he speculated the exact opposite on tv with Jay and Dan last night. And the Ottawa beat writer said Poile absolutely wanted to re-sign Turris, said it was a condition of the trade.

Poile and the Preds probably never really believed that Bonino could be legit 2C. Just like they probably never legitimately believed that Spaling was a top 6 guy or that Olli Jokinen could be a top 6 C for the team. Just like Seth Jones wasn't available for trade and Shea Weber would never be moved. GMs spout that nonsense all of the time and Poile is no exception.

(It was fun typing that up a second time after the new site botched the first post. This new site stinks...)

Last edited:
Reactions: AdmiralsFan24

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Problem is, Dreger never speculated that, at least not as far as I can find. I did, however, see where he speculated the exact opposite on tv with Jay and Dan last night. And the Ottawa beat writer said Poile absolutely wanted to re-sign Turris, said it was a condition of the trade.

Poile and the Preds probably never really believed that Bonino could be legit 2C. Just like they probably never legitimately believed that Spaling was a top 6 guy or that Olli Jokinen could be a top 6 C for the team. Just like Seth Jones wasn't available for trade and Shea Weber would never be moved. GMs spout that nonsense all of the time and Poile is no exception.

(It was fun typing that up a second time after the new site botched the first post. This new site stinks...)

No, but McKenzie did, at least per that article he speculated it.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
The further we go into the season the more clear it is that Poile made some mistakes. He had a throw back Barry Trotz themed offseason. It was a very schizophrenic approach when compared to the most recent off-seasons.

I like the Hartnell signing. I’m fine with Bonino.

The Jarnkrok decision, Neal departure, and resting on his laurels offensively was a poor group of decisions.

Still some good moves, but on the whole, this was a hurtful offseason.

I am excluding the draft which was similar to recent drafts with Lavy/Poile combination.
I still think PoIle believed he was going to get a deal done for Duchene. When that disappeared I'm not sure what his other options would have been.

Nobody can credibly argue that having Neal this year would not have made us better

Reactions: Enoch

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
No, but McKenzie did, at least per that article he speculated it.

Okay. I never said he didn't. The article did state that Dreger said that as well, however. TFP is a terrible site.

The Avs and Sens beat writer have disagreed with McKenzie and so did Dreger, the guy that broke the story to begin with. Like I said, plenty of conflicting info out there.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I just wish if were gonna make a trade we would just trade for duchene straight up. I think Colorado wants girard and i think we can package him with something good to entice sakic to make the trade. What ive seen from girard i know its only been a few games but i think hes a legit top 4 defenseman. So thats girard jarnkrok( or a 2nd tier prospect) and a 1st for duchene. Then call up carrier allard or Dougherty and trade emlien and 2nd or whatever for jvr so ours lines would be much improved.
Jofa for the love of God stop spitting them up
Jvr duchene smith
Fiala sis/bones when he comes back hartnell
Sissons freddy g aberg

Josi/ allard/carrier/ ellis when he comes back
Pk/ ek
Weber/ bitteto/allard/carrier

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Was about to say, JVR brings them a first all day long without having to take on a bad contract like Emelins.
Emelin has a 3 million dollar cap hit and bring a physical d to play with Reilly. The leafs are losing jvr next year anyway. If a 1st gets him id do that as well. But the leafs need defenseman too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->