Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread III: Insert clever title here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Two days doesn't really seem like a lot in the grand scheme of things but it's better than nothing I guess. I hope Chia is good at making quick decisions.

Id expect teams to know the 3 different options and have 3 different plans for any scenerio. Or atleast youd hope.

Yep. And honestly though I don't think a possible expansion in a year will change all that much in terms of planning. Two years even less. I don't think Chia will be willing to forgo improving the team for the season because of concerns of losing a slightly better player next off season.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
No I'm saying his lower body and cardio probably isn't where it needs to be. He can spend tons of time working out his upper body in the gym, but I still find it highly unlikely he was doing much on that ankle.

Pretty sure when a hockey player talks to a hockey journalist about being in the best shape he's ever been he's not saying "Been doing hella curls, my guns are looking sweet right now."

It always astounds me that people will form strong opinions on almost no information whatsoever and stick by those opinions no matter what.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Two days doesn't really seem like a lot in the grand scheme of things but it's better than nothing I guess. I hope Chia is good at making quick decisions.

there is no way they havent worked out a strategy for every scenario

interested to see what benning does in van though lol

Nugey McNugeson

Nov 24, 2014
Edmonton
If we do end up offer sheeting Jones, what do we offer him? We can't go higher than 5.5 since we lose our second rounder next year because of the Chiarelli hire

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Atleast it also catches other teams. It doesnt put McDavid in play in that hes exposed, it just exposes a better player at the end of your roster

I said it before but the NHL came out guns blazing on expansion draft and drove a extremely tough bargain. They knew GMs would fight back and grind the rules down, but they wanted to start from a very high place to begin with

If rules were accepted as is, Vegas would have a playoff team since day 1

The rule to have min salary amount left exposed has already been scrapped. I wouldnt be suprised to see NMCs ground down too (like a max of 2/3 ELCs are a forced protect). I could also see # of protection spots increased to 9 or 10 players total

In the end I think well see Pouliot lost to expansion. And thats not a concern for me

without question, they would have had a top-10 defence in the league from day one, and the forwards would have been pretty much ALL marginal top-6 players... so while their top-line wouldn't have been world-beaters, their 3rd and 4th lines would have been fantastically good

no question in my mind that las vegas would be at least a playoff bubble team right off the hop, which is ridiculous IMO

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If we do end up offer sheeting Jones, what do we offer him? We can't go higher than 5.5 since we lose our second rounder next year because of the Chiarelli hire

If we want any hope of actually succeeding in our offer sheet, we have to sign him in the 7.3+ range. The one with the compensation being two 1sts, a 2nd, and 3rd.

Or else they will simply match it 100% no matter what their cap situation is.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
without question, they would have had a top-10 defence in the league from day one, and the forwards would have been pretty much ALL marginal top-6 players... so while their top-line wouldn't have been world-beaters, their 3rd and 4th lines would have been fantastically good

no question in my mind that las vegas would be at least a playoff bubble team right off the hop, which is ridiculous IMO

This. IMO another Dman needs to be added to the protected list.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

7.5 mil per year. Thats the line. Tough for Columbus to match, and once you go over 7.5 the compensation goes to 2 1sts.

Even if 7.5 is matched, that really screws the BJs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad