Klefbom/Demers
Sekera/Nurse
Sergachev/Davidson

I think Demers is optimistic. Realistically:

Klefbom-Lovejoy
Sekera-Fayne
Davidson-Franson
Pardy

Lovejoys a cup winner and good character guy will sign for 3.25M for 4 years and guys will hate him because he can't play top pairing minutes. (See Andrew Ference)

I think at this point Chia needs to trade for someones rights and get them locked up. My preference would be Yandle for the second unit and have a Klefbom-Sekera top pairing with Yandle-Fayne second pairing and Davidson-Reinhart 3rd pairing. Nurse is first call up.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

Klefbom-Lovejoy
Sekera-Fayne
Davidson-Franson
Pardy

Lovejoys a cup winner and good character guy will sign for 3.25M for 4 years and guys will hate him because he can't play top pairing minutes. (See Andrew Ference)

I think at this point Chia needs to trade for someones rights and get them locked up. My preference would be Yandle for the second unit and have a Klefbom-Sekera top pairing with Yandle-Fayne second pairing and Davidson-Reinhart 3rd pairing. Nurse is first call up.

Yandle would be pretty awesome for the second pairing and PP but then again I won't get my hopes up lol

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Every available D who disappears makes that 4th overall plus Yak for Hamonic and the 19th all the more appealing.

I do it. I would have before. As nice as the options at 4th will be, I don't think the Oilers need a top end winger enough to pass up a deal that improves our D THAT much.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Klefbom-Lovejoy
Sekera-Fayne
Davidson-Franson
Pardy

Ben Lovejoy played 18 minutes a night last season and had his ice-time decreased in the post-season. He's the exact opposite of the type of guy you should offer that kind of money to, let alone pair with our best defenseman.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Its actually a worse defence then last year... Let that sink in for a moment.

How?
That anchor Jultz is gone, Davidson has a year of experience, Sekera knows the systems now...

Ference won't play another game, Nikitin is gone

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Klefbom-Lovejoy
Sekera-Fayne
Davidson-Franson
Pardy

Lovejoy has about as much business being on an NHL top pairing as I do.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Every available D who disappears makes that 4th overall plus Yak for Hamonic and the 19th all the more appealing.

I do it. I would have before. As nice as the options at 4th will be, I don't think the Oilers need a top end winger enough to pass up a deal that improves our D THAT much.

It actually would make NYI ask for more since the oilers are desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad