Proposal: Rumors & Proposals Thread | No More Hamonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Would the defense be a little too small with both Faulk and Vatanen added? I guess Faulk has some jam and you could keep Gryba/Nurse on the 3rd pair.

Sekera Faulk
Klefbom Vatanen
Davidson Gryba/Nurse

It is a bit small, but what if you arrange it this way at evens:

Klefbom - Faulk
Davidson - Sekera
Nurse - Vatanen

Then Vatanen picks up extra time on PP2 and the PK.

Slotting Davidson in as the #4 is a gamble, and he could always be rotated down to pair with Nurse if it's not working out.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
If we dealt 62nd overall for Hansen...

1. What prospect would you include going to Vancouver?

2. What line does he play on? Hall-Drai-Hansen, Maroon-McDavid-Hansen or Pouliot-RNH-Hansen or other?

1.Moroz
2. Hall-RNH-Draisaitl Pouliot-McDavid-xxx
Marroon-Shaw-Hanson

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Would the defense be a little too small with both Faulk and Vatanen added? I guess Faulk has some jam and you could keep Gryba/Nurse on the 3rd pair.

Sekera Faulk
Klefbom Vatanen
Davidson Gryba/Nurse
Isn't Faulk 6'0 215? Thats not small

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I just find it very difficult to believe that two of the best-connected sports media people in Edmonton came to the same conclusion independently - that Faulk is available and could be had without giving up Hall or Draisaitl or a major piece of our defence now and going forward - if there wasn't at least some truth to it.

Stauffer's had the 'nudge nudge, wink wink' thing going for awhile, but Gregor's a lot less willing to pull that kind of card out unless he's legitimately heard a thing or two, and he's made a couple of very specific statements over the last few months - that Pouliot and Yak are as good as gone to the Ducks and would already be gone if Pou didn't get hurt, and that Faulk is available and the Canes, while not looking to move him, are listening.

Maybe he's just fuelling some summer rumours, but there's a lot of smoke lately.

I don't think that Stauffer is all that connected with the Chia regime. Chia plays his cards close to the vest so I can't imagine that he lets much information leak to the media types.

I think this is just a case of Gregor and Stauffer trying to fill air time during a really quiet time. Throwing out names like Faulk is sure to aid added viewership.

TBH, I'd be content with Vatanen+Brodin depending on the price. The Oilers need a shutdown and a puckmoving Dman. Brodin is being undersold because of his modest offensive numbers but I've seen him a good 20 games or so and this is a good player. He got lost in the shuffle a bit last season but pair him with Klefbom and with all the offensive talent up front here, I think he would flourish.

Obviously guys like Faulk and/or Barrie would be huge adds, real game changers, but I just don't think it's realistic and I hope Chia doesn't miss out on the lesser knowns due to chasing mythical unicorns. Knowing Chia though, I'm sure he has Plans A-E all lined up. Unfortunately one of those top plans in Hamonic have been sewered so off to Plan B etc.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Isn't Faulk 6'0 215? Thats not small

Stocky.

Vatanen is Eberle size though, and Sekera is not a big guy either. I guess I'm not that concerned about it, but the West is loaded with big forwards. Vatanen has been fine in the big bad Pacific so probably a non issue and I wouldn't be complaining about that defense at all.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Kings have re-signed Darryl Sutter. Scratch another coach off the list for the Flames.
RwOdsFW.gif

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Alright, I think this is a fair deal:

Jannik Hansen to EDM

William Lagesson, EDM 3rd, STL 5th to VAN.

Thoughts?

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
I just find it very difficult to believe that two of the best-connected sports media people in Edmonton came to the same conclusion independently - that Faulk is available and could be had without giving up Hall or Draisaitl or a major piece of our defence now and going forward - if there wasn't at least some truth to it.

Stauffer's had the 'nudge nudge, wink wink' thing going for awhile, but Gregor's a lot less willing to pull that kind of card out unless he's legitimately heard a thing or two, and he's made a couple of very specific statements over the last few months - that Pouliot and Yak are as good as gone to the Ducks and would already be gone if Pou didn't get hurt, and that Faulk is available and the Canes, while not looking to move him, are listening.

Maybe he's just fuelling some summer rumours, but there's a lot of smoke lately.

I get to see Faulk a lot and you guys would be crazy not to jump all over that. He is exactly what you need to be a dangerous team. I think Carolina has a deep pool of upcoming D like Philly and both teams would be willing to part with one for a center and some picks. Although not really well thought of in the East I think RNH would probably fare better in the East than out West and if I were you guys I would drive him to the airport to get Faulk. However, I think other teams may offer a better package to get him. IMO he is worth a modest overpayment to get.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I get to see Faulk a lot and you guys would be crazy not to jump all over that. He is exactly what you need to be a dangerous team. I think Carolina has a deep pool of upcoming D like Philly and both teams would be willing to part with one for a center and some picks. Although not really well thought of in the East I think RNH would probably fare better in the East than out West and if I were you guys I would drive him to the airport to get Faulk. However, I think other teams may offer a better package to get him. IMO he is worth a modest overpayment to get.

I don't buy that he's available despite what our radio guys say. It's just that he's too good, like you say. I see him as a #1, not #2. Great shot, great skills, great intelligence, and very gritty as well. A poor man's Subban basically.

The Canes have a lot of up and coming defensemen but the best situation to develop them properly is by having Faulk ahead of them, taking the toughest minutes the way he's been doing for them. The Canes' D has been very good, but if you dig deep it's a bit of a paper tiger that could be exposed once the younger guys take on more responsibility.

The coach would scream at the GM for trading him, unless the Canes have some other way of getting a top D, of which I can't fathom how.

Birdperson

Mar 26, 2016
Re: Petrovic.

Just remembered that Gudbranson contract. That contract is hilarious. He's awful, basically a more mobile Eric Gryba.

Petrovic is interesting, though.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Just remembered that Gudbranson contract. That contract is hilarious. He's awful, basically a more mobile Eric Gryba.

meh, they only committed to him for one year. They are probably planning on giving Petrovic a chance to grab a main spot and eventually ship out Gudbranson

Birdperson

Mar 26, 2016
It's like the Schultz contract, it made no sense since you have to qualify him at more than that or sign him at a ridiculous rate long term. 4m-5m for Gudbranson would be amazingly bad for Florida.

One year deals should be at really cheap rates.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It's like the Schultz contract, it made no sense since you have to qualify him at more than that or sign him at a ridiculous rate long term. 4m-5m for Gudbranson would be amazingly bad for Florida.

One year deals should be at really cheap rates.

his previous deal was 2.5 though, so he was guaranteed a raise of a certain percentage. He's a very high profile prospect considering where he was drafted so that's why his base salary is so high.

At any rate, it's about Petrovic's availability. They are not committed to Gudbranson, and if they like Petrovic better by this time next season they could just walk away from Gudbranson. A lot of teams, even good ones, have high profile draft picks that flop.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge

Birdperson

Mar 26, 2016
Russell is actually a good third-pairing guy. Demers is a much better player. Not sure why Edmonton would have any interest in Russell.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Alright, I think this is a fair deal:

Jannik Hansen to EDM

William Lagesson, EDM 3rd, STL 5th to VAN.

Thoughts?
While it might be fair, I'm very high on Lagesson right now and would be reluctant to move him. We need defensive prospects, and actually have a pretty healthy stock of middle 6 forwards of prime age. I don't think Hansen does much for us. Pass.

meh, they only committed to him for one year. They are probably planning on giving Petrovic a chance to grab a main spot and eventually ship out Gudbranson

I won't dismiss Gudbranson as much as you guys, I think he's a solid defender, but I do think Florida would be open to move Petrovic. They have a ton of depth on defense and will likely be losing Purcell and Hudler this year. Adding a guy like Yakupov would make sense to them in exchange for Petrovic. And it makes sense for us because he instantly becomes our best RHD (sad, I know). It's a deal I would do. Petrovic by no means solves our problems, but he's a guy I would very much appreciate having in our system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad