Rumor: Rumors & Proposals | Moar NCAA Free Agents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Hear me out: RNH + Eberle + 2019 2nd for Simmonds, Couturier, and Gudas.

Simmonds fits our team better than Eberle, imo. Speedy, physical winger who goes hard to the net and can score. Couturier would be a really good 3C for us who could move up to 2C in case of injury. Lastly, Gudas fills a need on RHD, and is necessary to make the cap work for the flyers.

L1 - Caggiula/McDavid/Simmonds
Speedy, tenacious 1st line.

L2 - Lucic/Draisaitl/Puljujarvi
Big 2nd line that slows the play down, has a ton of skill.

L3 - Maroon/Couturier/Kassian
Big line with underrated speed & skill, that would be a nightmare on the cycle.

L4 - Gambardella/Letestu/Pitlick/Slepyshev
Pitlick is a stellar bottom 6 player, I hope he is 100% by training camp and gets a contract. Imagining him with Gambardella on the same line gives me goosebumps.

Pretty balanced forward corps imo.

D1 - Klefbomb/Larsson
D2 - Sekera/Benning
D3 - Nurse/Gudas

You could just as easily run Sekera/Gudas, Nurse/Benning, but for development's sake you'd put the inexperienced player with someone who could be a mentor, no? You essentially have a strong 1st pairing and two solid 2nd pairings.

This would be cool, imo, but the Flyers couldn't do it. They would be spending far too much on forwards, and are tight on salary as it is. They seem to be a team with that will have perpetual cap problems pretty soon.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
no way. Eberle was the best player on that line, although Nuge really shined in the OT.

Were we watching the same game? Eberle was completely useless. RNH was actually - shockingly - pretty explosive. He played the best game I've seen him play since ?? Eberle was weak and not engaged all game. I love that backhand of his where he misses the net and clears the zone from the circle - why someone hasn't told him to cut out that ***** move I have no idea. Eberle is a player living on a few goals scored in a WJHC ages ago. Without that outburst, he'd be absolutely nothing.

Anyways, negativity gone.... Last night was outstanding. Great job bouncing back, and unreal atmosphere. In the drivers seat - need some more home games!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
Hear me out: RNH + Eberle + 2019 2nd for Simmonds, Couturier, and Gudas.

Simmonds fits our team better than Eberle, imo. Speedy, physical winger who goes hard to the net and can score. Couturier would be a really good 3C for us who could move up to 2C in case of injury. Lastly, Gudas fills a need on RHD, and is necessary to make the cap work for the flyers.

L1 - Caggiula/McDavid/Simmonds
Speedy, tenacious 1st line.

L2 - Lucic/Draisaitl/Puljujarvi
Big 2nd line that slows the play down, has a ton of skill.

L3 - Maroon/Couturier/Kassian
Big line with underrated speed & skill, that would be a nightmare on the cycle.

L4 - Gambardella/Letestu/Pitlick/Slepyshev
Pitlick is a stellar bottom 6 player, I hope he is 100% by training camp and gets a contract. Imagining him with Gambardella on the same line gives me goosebumps.

Pretty balanced forward corps imo.

D1 - Klefbomb/Larsson
D2 - Sekera/Benning
D3 - Nurse/Gudas

You could just as easily run Sekera/Gudas, Nurse/Benning, but for development's sake you'd put the inexperienced player with someone who could be a mentor, no? You essentially have a strong 1st pairing and two solid 2nd pairings.

This would be cool, imo, but the Flyers couldn't do it. They would be spending far too much on forwards, and are tight on salary as it is. They seem to be a team with that will have perpetual cap problems pretty soon.

This is not NHL 17, Flyers dont touch that

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Were we watching the same game? Eberle was completely useless. RNH was actually - shockingly - pretty explosive. He played the best game I've seen him play since ?? Eberle was weak and not engaged all game. I love that backhand of his where he misses the net and clears the zone from the circle - why someone hasn't told him to cut out that ***** move I have no idea. Eberle is a player living on a few goals scored in a WJHC ages ago. Without that outburst, he'd be absolutely nothing.

Anyways, negativity gone.... Last night was outstanding. Great job bouncing back, and unreal atmosphere. In the drivers seat - need some more home games!!

Last game debated..Ebs has been way better that RNH. He creates more and is way better defensively. Last game even he cleared 2 pucks goal mouth.

Ebs has been better than RNH all year and it's not even close. Same line most of the year...same competition...Ebs has "Cole always goes high" passed RNH in the defensive game while still being better offensively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->