Rumors Are Starting To Fade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
The season is toast. All of these stories are to be expected the day after a pro sports league shuts down an entire season. Today, things are dying down and I think it's only wishful thinking that the players would break the union. It's just not going to happen.

Hockeycrazy3033

Feb 15, 2005
Hockeytown, Michigan
things are fading out today? not from what I've heard. I also hear they are meeting right now, but the person that said this is someone ya'll don't like even though he has been always accurate when it comes to knowing when meetings take place.

Bauer83

Aug 27, 2004
Doctor Zoidberg said:
The season is toast. All of these stories are to be expected the day after a pro sports league shuts down an entire season. Today, things are dying down and I think it's only wishful thinking that the players would break the union. It's just not going to happen.

One hundred percent agree. And it does no good for the players to throw a big coup, as it will just get them a worse deal. There only option is to accept the 42.5 million cap, and I doubt they will do that. Just like firing goodenow or bettman, just is not an option. Whether or not they secretly lose power, there is no benefit in dropping these guys, unless boths are canned at the same time.

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
Arhtur Griffiths (sp?) on Mojo730 is saying that he was trying to get player agent Larry Brooks on his show and when he called the first time, Larry said he couldn't talk at that time becasue he ws on the phone with some of his players and asked Arthur to call back. He then said when he called back, Larry's assistant came back on the line and said Larry couldn't talk because he was on the phone with the PA.

What does it mean? Who knows. :dunno:

Edit: It's Larry Kelly, not brooks.

Last edited:

Bauer83

Aug 27, 2004
ChiHawks468 said:
Arhtur Griffiths (sp?) on Mojo730 is saying that he was trying to get player agent Larry Brooks on his show and when he called the first time, Larry said he couldn't talk at that time becasue he ws on the phone with some of his players and asked Arthur to call back. He then said when he called back, Larry's assistant came back on the line and said Larry couldn't talk because he was on the phone with the PA.

Talking about which europeans leagues offer the best benefit packages, and which have the best skiing.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Bettman (the cute little elf) has too big of an ego to uncancel the season and like I said earlier, ITS TOO LATE!! I don't want to see some crappy team like Calgary get lucky and win the cup over a 28 game schedule.

Flyers Hockey

Feb 17, 2005
How the hell are they starting to fade ? There are articles in many major newspapers. If you don't want to believe than fine, but to say they are starting to fade is ridiculous.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
ScottyBowman said:
Bettman (the cute little elf) has too big of an ego to uncancel the season and like I said earlier, ITS TOO LATE!! I don't want to see some crappy team like Calgary get lucky and win the cup over a 28 game schedule.

You must have been Crushed when they came within a game last year....

Even more crushed when Tampa won it..

:lol

Flyers Hockey

Feb 17, 2005
ScottyBowman said:
He would be a hero if he un-cancelled the season.

Jean Beliveau

Jul 5, 2004
ScottyBowman said:

Are you a hockey fan or what! Quit you're whining.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
People keep saying this move would discredit Bettman.. and make it almost 100% he would have to go..

I disagree..

I have held little to no respect for Bettman.. ever.. He simply does not care about hockey..

But.. if he is willing to make himself look like an arse for the game...

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
ScottyBowman said:

Then don't watch. You can't really be crappy if you're good enough to be in the top 8 in your conference over 28 games when every game actually means something, then prevail in the war that is the Stanley Cup playoffs.

PartizaN

Feb 18, 2005
If anything there are alot more rumors coming out. I'm not going to believe it till I read or see it.

Jean Beliveau

Jul 5, 2004
Doctor Zoidberg said:

I think maybe you should be the who begins to fade.

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
Flyers Hockey said:
How the hell are they starting to fade ? There are articles in many major newspapers. If you don't want to believe than fine, but to say they are starting to fade is ridiculous.

All of those stories were written last night. The story died today. Fan590 is backing way off and they are the ones who fuelled this story, along with the hockey news. We all have to come to the realisation that its just over for this year.

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
Update on Arthur's show. He said he just talked to Larry Kelly during the last break and he told Arthur that the calls he is getting from players and the call he placed to the PA was to encourage them to make another proposal to the league NOW.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
ChiHawks468 said:

Edit: It's Larry Kelly, not brooks.

This is such a B.S. report if that's exactly how Griffith's reported it.. there is no way an agent/agency will specifically disclose who they are on the phone with. What a joke. :lol

shOOt_the_mOOn

Jul 12, 2004
Let them fade, right along with the '04-'05 season.
It's not fair to the fans to keep us on this roller coaster ride. Get a deal done so we can have a '05-'06 season.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Let's face it--if the players have initated a last-gasp attempt to save the season-- the last thing they are going to do is call the press to come along.

The press, along with everybody else will know about it if, and when, a deal is brokered. Meanwhile, silence from media means absolutely nothing and is actually quite pleasant.

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
Doctor Zoidberg said:
All of those stories were written last night. The story died today. Fan590 is backing way off and they are the ones who fuelled this story, along with the hockey news. We all have to come to the realisation that its just over for this year.

Do what you want pal, but let the rest of us do likewise if we wish. :teach:

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
Schlep Rock said:
This is such a B.S. report if that's exactly how Griffith's reported it.. there is no way an agent/agency will specifically disclose who they are on the phone with. What a joke. :lol

Where is the specifics? He didn't name any players or anyone at the PA he talked to specifically. I don't get your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad