Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Can Anyone That Can Win Faceoffs Please Contact Chia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
Yeah about that Eakins........:laugh:

Just messing with you BBO :)

Good times this spring after a decade of grief huh?

Hemsky is a gangsta

Hemsky is a gangsta
Jun 23, 2004
How about Eberle for Kovalchuk? If you could sign Kovalchuk for a year at around 5 mil. Helps us get rid of Eberle and obtain a shooter for Connor while improving team speed. New Jersey gets to reunite Taylor Hall with his BFF.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Kovalchuk isn't taking $5m.

It's a fun idea but personally I'd prefer trading Eberle for a return that has an expiry date longer than one or two seasons.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
How about Eberle for Kovalchuk? If you could sign Kovalchuk for a year at around 5 mil. Helps us get rid of Eberle and obtain a shooter for Connor while improving team speed. New Jersey gets to reunite Taylor Hall with his BFF.

I'd do it if hes wililng to sign for 2 years 4-5 mil AAV

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I'd rather run Eberle on all four lines than have Kovalchuk on this team.

Faceoffs are a non-issue and this series has utterly convinced me that the effect they have on winning is not worth bothering about.

I'd love for the team to try and add one more top 4 defenseman. Not sure who is available this offseason but this playoff run + McDavid is going to make the Oilers an attractive place for players to play.

The Eberle situation is an issue, but he will have to stay unless the team can find someone to replace him, and despite his flaws, that won't be easy.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
Kovalchuck actually changed his reputation in NJ but that is a HARD culture where you toe the line. Maybe less with Lou gone. Kovalchuk is way better of player than Eberle but there also not guys who bring a team together or do things selflessly. I say no, even though he did change my opinion in NJ. The problem with most guys is you need the right team right situation, ect. It's the same with Eberle. You want those Hossa, J. Williams type that can just adapt and fit in.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Faceoffs are a non-issue and this series has utterly convinced me that the effect they have on winning is not worth bothering about.

I'd love for the team to try and add one more top 4 defenseman. Not sure who is available this offseason but this playoff run + McDavid is going to make the Oilers an attractive place for players to play.

The Eberle situation is an issue, but he will have to stay unless the team can find someone to replace him, and despite his flaws, that won't be easy.

Why? Kovalchuk was a good 2-way player when he was in NJ. He does everything better than Eberle.

Last edited:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

Yes, you keep holding on to this foolish belief. If anything, this series proves how important faceoffs are.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011

Eberle I have a feeling actually doesn't want to be here. I know that sounds absurd but you have to realize those years of losing were demoralizing, and at the same time it's not the same culture, and same cliques they were apart of. I mean there was Schultz, and Hall as his best buds it IS a different team.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
And probably for more bank and more years...

Doubt he'll get anything more than a year or 2 deal after his last exit from the NHL. Its at least worth exploring if you could get him on a 1 or 2 year deal at ~6M. At least he can score and look effective in the playoffs. Not to mention he checks off a number of boxes for us. RH shot on the PP, elite sniper for McDavid, big and fast (I assume he can still skate). Much rather give him that money than that useless turd Eberle.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Doubt he'll get anything more than a year or 2 deal after his last exit from the NHL. Its at least worth exploring if you could get him on a 1 or 2 year deal at ~6M. At least he can score and look effective in the playoffs. Not to mention he checks off a number of boxes for us. RH shot on the PP, elite sniper for McDavid, big and fast (I assume he can still skate). Much rather give him that money than that useless turd Eberle.

Given what Radulov is asking for I'm not sure. If you can get him for cheap then go for it but teams will be lining up and I don't think we can match what other teams can offer.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013

This is an ignorant comment. Its like saying if this team proceeds without a healthy Klefbom in game 7 that he isnt really necessary.

If this team wins faceoffs and fixes a few minor roles eg backup goalie, third line centre shedding eberle contract they will then border on invincible.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
This is an ignorant comment. Its like saying if this team proceeds without a healthy Klefbom in game 7 that he isnt really necessary.

If this team wins faceoffs and fixes a few minor roles eg backup goalie, third line centre shedding eberle contract they will then border on invincible.

It's not a important as people are making it out to be. In the playoffs it gets magnified so having that extra guy is more of a necessity but for the first 82 games you need guy to do more than just win face-offs.

This is why you see those guys move at the deadline a lot more than not.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
Yes, you keep holding on to this foolish belief. If anything, this series proves how important faceoffs are.

Not to be an ******* but remember when I was the guy saying look at fundamental aspects of hockey. Winning faceoffs, killing penalties, ect. I said you know RNH is not very well and all the analytics guys went winning faceoffs is overrated. Glad I was rigt about that as well. This year has been a huge vindication on things I have said. Not been wrong on much.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Is Kovalchuk a RW or LW?

LW, but he shoots right. Maroon's played the right side before if you're that worried about what side each guy plays on. Slepyshev's played both sides and so has Caggiula. Its pretty much a non issue imo which side he prefers, what would be important is that he can keep up with McDavid, he has a lethal shot that is better than anyone on our team by an enormous margin, and he'd be the perfect left circle option on the PP.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I don't see why more righties don't play the left side. IMO that is also the perfect role for Puljujarvi (just as it is for Ovi and Kovy).

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Team that trades for Kovalchuk will not need to use a protection spot on him. If the Oilers were able to flip Eberle for him, they could also acquire a 3C from trade and protect them. Not going to get my hopes up though :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad