Rumor: (Toronto folks please confirm) FAN 590 Reports...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
officeglen said:
Personally I wish some of these posters had more than 200 posts before they started to hear things go bump in the night.
Because its hard to jump right into boards as sophisticated as these and contribute right away. Right.

Magnus Fulgur

Nov 27, 2002
So, perhaps Bobby and Gary "cancelled" the season to save face with their sides...now that they've proven that they are willing to sacrifice everything, they can agree on the 45million cap that many thought would be the ultimate comprimise AGES ago???

ARRRRGH.

i hope it's true. :dunno:

officeglen

Oct 6, 2002
Eastern Ontario
Visit site
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
Because its hard to jump right into boards as sophisticated as these and contribute right away. Right.
Contribute - yes, please do so right away. Report hearing things on radio is something else if it remains unconfirmed, which is no longer this case.

creative giant*

You just know that Eklund will be sitting around in June, still posting that there's a chance the season will begin in a couple days. He can't let it go.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
drbill28 said:
Think about it. If he was in it for 20 years he'd be about 45 to 50 by now. He's using terms like "yeah man" and other slang.

Yeah, I think that might have been his point...

I Hate You All*

About ten days ago, a new poster named Chinook came on here shooting his mouth off like Brian Bosworth about how his 'sources' were confident a deal would be signed the next day. Chinook then pittied the people who did not know who he was for not being in touch with the world of the mighty Chinook, and repeatedly boasted about how confident he was that a deal would be struck. Therefore... I am still very very confident that a deal will be signed... hey, wait a minute?!? The season was cancelled!!! What the?!? :banghead:

NJD Jester

Nov 14, 2003
DC
www.njdevilsbook.com
While Eklund's sources are extremely solid (How else could he publish an article called "Season Likely Saved. Future Hazy" last Thursday?), I have to wonder if all of these optimistic rubes are missing one fairly important point: That the commissioner of the NHL said to the world that there is not enough time left for a legitimate season.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
NJD Jester said:
While Eklund's sources are extremely solid (How else could he publish an article called "Season Likely Saved. Future Hazy" last Thursday), I have to wonder of all of these optimistic rubes are missing one fairly important point: That the commissioner of the NHL said to the world that there is not enough time left for a legitimate season.
I just think it would be cool if these players signed the NHL deal, and then get focused on making next season kickass...marketing.etc.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
PecaFan said:
Hair? What's that? I can't remember that far back. ;)

Oh, my. I suppose you forget psychedelic rock, tie dye shirts, and the last time the Maple Leafs won the Cup. Oh, dear, these comments reflect our ages, don't they? :lol:

Vic Rattlehead*

nomorekids said:
I was afraid of this. We finally get closure and people are still claiming "it's going to happen! it's going to happen!"

It's DONE.

Move on with your lives, and let's all re-convene on the business board in August(hopefully).

Maybe for next season? As far as I'm concerned, they are allowed to make a deal whenever they want. Sure, the season is cancelled, but a deal still needs to be made to ensure that this league lives in 05-06. Screw closure, there is none, for me at least. I will continue to check if there is a deal being done for NEXT season. There is no closure until this thing is done.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Phelan said:
"Some group of players" is what they're saying. Also "some owners" supposedly liked the PA's last offer.

There are "some owners" who want to get this done because they're not going to recover from a lockout in the NHL AND NBA

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
spartyinmd said:
Top Players and Top AGENTS are involved int his new proposal per Ek.

Why are people even thinking about taking what Eklund has to say seriously?

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
This from Eklund's blog.....

6pm-Darren Pang comes on ESPN sayin that players are angered and Goodenow isn't returning their calls
7:30pm-I start receiving several e-mails from "not in power" players saying that somthing major is up but they can't talk about exactly what . Seriously risking my credibility, I call my sources saying "There is something brewing, what have you heard?" They all say they will check into it, but adds on of my sources, "There's alot of wishful thinking out there."

:lol

Hemooli

Jan 25, 2005
www.csfbl.com
Staze19 said:
About ten days ago, a new poster named Chinook came on here shooting his mouth off like Brian Bosworth about how his 'sources' were confident a deal would be signed the next day. Chinook then pittied the people who did not know who he was for not being in touch with the world of the mighty Chinook, and repeatedly boasted about how confident he was that a deal would be struck. Therefore... I am still very very confident that a deal will be signed... hey, wait a minute?!? The season was cancelled!!! What the?!? :banghead:

Er - what? :dunno:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
SO was this rumor ever comfirmed to be taken seriously. By someone who has media credentials (not Eklund)

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
go kim johnsson said:
Why are people even thinking about taking what Eklund has to say seriously?
Exactly, he said he was posting on a Flyers board from Alaska, they traced his ip to Philly.

He published info from a person pretending to be an NHL insider and called it a credible source.

He claimed to be talking to Satans agent about a trade to Philly, another poster informed him that Satan represents himself in negotiaions.

He claims he made money from a book and is now able to freelance around North America due to the cash he made from it.

Its one great big piss take, I cant believe everyone is falling for it especially as he said the deal would be done all along and kept on moving the deal date as each of his deadline passed!
:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad