Rumor: (Toronto folks please confirm) FAN 590 Reports...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartyinmd

Feb 2, 2005
We are trying to confirm...people are saying they are hearing it on the FAN...it is coming from more people than just Ek.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I was afraid of this. We finally get closure and people are still claiming "it's going to happen! it's going to happen!"

It's DONE.

Move on with your lives, and let's all re-convene on the business board in August(hopefully).

Grandpabuzz

Oct 13, 2003
Dallas, Texas
The hockey season is canceled. It is too late for this crap, I'm tired, upset, and pissed off and I don't need any more optimisim for a while.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Fwiw Kevin Paul Dupont started a thread on the Bruins board and he thought there would be another push tonight to get something done.

It was more in regards to the comment that Bettman made during the press conference that he would come back "in four hours" if they came back and accepted the last offer.

I still dont believe it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I can confirm that McCown said that the station was considering whether or not to report the rumour. He said this during his conversation with Bettman.

I tuned out after that and I'm not sure if he actually mentioned the rumour again or not.

Keep in mind that this is only a rumour, and at this point, any optimism has to be extremely bounded. Even *if* some players were doing that, and then *if* the League decided to accept it, there would be the issue of how many players actually support it aside from the group proposing it.

spartyinmd

Feb 2, 2005
Don't shoot the messenger...tehre are four/five people saying they are hearing this on FAN 590. I am trying to get it confirmed by people other than them since I don't believe them.

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
This is the third low post count, just registered in Feb. 05 poster that has posted "breaking news" that directs you to that station. Me thinks I smell a rat.

Reilly311

Cloned said:
I can confirm that McCown said that the station was considering whether or not to report the rumour. He said this during his conversation with Bettman.

wrong, I listened to the whole interview and nothing of that sort was said. Hell, you can go to the fan590.com and listen to the interview yourself. Now please, close this thread and ban everyone.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
officeglen said:
Putting in a serious counter offer Tuesday night = was the smart thing to do
Caving in Wednesday night = is the stupid thing to do, but workable

Hey Glen, I miss your weekly breakdown's of Garrioch! Classic stuff!

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well to be fair McCown did mention it. However the FAN has retracted things before and I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again.

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
Reilly311 said:
Bob McCown isn't on this late.

I do believe McCown is on Team 1040 in Vancouver from 7-8pm which is about the right time...however I don't know if this show is a repeat of an earlier show so this may be an old rumor...

R0CKET

Jul 2, 2004
Yeah...I heard that Elvis was going to deliver it first thing in the morning to Bettman on behalf of the PA. :eek:

Who knew he was even a hockey fan?!!

spartyinmd

Feb 2, 2005
Why the heck are you harping on me when all I am doing is looking for confirmation....for cripe sake I even put RUMOR on the heading. I know this isn't gospel...otherwise I would have left it off

officeglen

Oct 6, 2002
Eastern Ontario
Visit site
Bruwinz37 said:
Hey Glen, I miss your weekly breakdown's of Garrioch! Classic stuff!
Thanks, I wish I was writing it instead of dissecting failed negotiations. It will be back if we have real hockey at some point - if replacement hockey I'll have to see what that looks like first.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Reilly311 said:
wrong, I listened to the whole interview and nothing of that sort was said. Hell, you can go to the fan590.com and listen to the interview yourself. Now please, close this thread and ban everyone.
I did listen (and watch). It was on Sportsnet. He said something about how there was a rumour but that they weren't sure about the validity of that rumour. This was in regards to asking Bettman what he would do if the PA would phone him right after McCown hung up and told him they were accepting his offer. Bettman laughed and said something to the effect of "Well, I'm not saying we would accept it but that would be an interesting problem to have."

Reilly311

Cloned said:
Well to be fair McCown did mention it.

When? Listen to the interview yourself and tell me what time he said that. This is a false rumor.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
spartyinmd said:
Why the heck are you harping on me when all I am doing is looking for confirmation....for cripe sake I even put RUMOR on the heading. I know this isn't gospel...otherwise I would have left it off
Don't take it personally, but everybody here has had a bad day after getting their chains yanked around for two months now with nothing but rumors that have led to nothing, were tired of rumors, screw them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad