RUMOR: Deal possibly done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
spacelobster said:
ouch, ok sorry everybody.
Don't be sorry. If you believe your source than you believe your source. I know you aren't somebody that posts BS and other people have come to back you up. If you are indeed wrong than you are wrong. Don't worry about it :thumbu:

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
BobMckenzie said:
Spacelobster must have better sources than me. The signals I'm reading do not suggest a deal is done or close to done. Not to say a deal can't be done at some point, but logic suggests they're going to need a lot longer to actually reach an agreement. I mean a lot longer. You would have to be naive to think that Gary and Bob in one nine hour meeting, less than that if you count the dinner break, would agree on a new CBA. No one knows for sure exactly where it's at and we'll find out soon enough. The encouraging signs are players publicly saying a cap might be okay, that linkage is now evil incarnate. That might, and I say might, form the basis of some negotiation but let's assume the NHL decides they can live without linkage, which has been the motherhood issue in all of this, how long do you think it would take for the two sides just to crunch the numbers on an agreeable cap, to say nothing of salary arb, QOs, ELS, profit sharing etc etc etc...and remember, that's only if the NHL decided to drop linkage as the basis for an agreement, which many would suggest is a real longshot. The pressure of losing the season is obviously pushing the two sides together, and it may be that we're just beginning the real negotiating process, but if you can determine out of all that whether that means there's going to be a deal or it blows up sky high, well, you're a better man than me.

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
It's been stated by Burke in the interview that the talks are largely over the hot topics... 80% of this deal is written already, it just needs those issues plugged in to have this baby ready for print.

I bet this could be solved in 15 minutes.

creative giant*

Staze19 said:
That clip where Gary and Bob are sitting at a game and Gary puts his arm on Bob's chair for a couple of seconds while laughing then takes it away is so creepy.

:joker:

The Jerk*

BobMckenzie said:
Look on the bright side, perhaps I'm wrong, totally out to lunch. It's happened before...once or twice.

:joker:

And that was just a joke. My wife and kids will gladly tell you I'm wrong all the time.

:dunce:

Please be wrong here..please...I watched the Memphis Grizzlies - LA Clippers game tonight..

KOVALEV10*

NewBreed19 said:
Don't you all feel that we have been down this road before, only to have all the positives turn to negatives; in a blink of an eye. Lets just wait and see!

Yeah man but even though it doesnt realy make a difference.. I have a pretty huge gut feeling that there will be a deal made by tommorow... or at least by this weekend.. you wouldnt believe the things that I was right about when I had this kind of gut feeling that I have now. However its just that, a gut feeling when these two so called sides dont even have any feelings!

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:
Spacelobster must have better sources than me. The signals I'm reading do not suggest a deal is done or close to done. Not to say a deal can't be done at some point, but logic suggests they're going to need a lot longer to actually reach an agreement. I mean a lot longer. You would have to be naive to think that Gary and Bob in one nine hour meeting, less than that if you count the dinner break, would agree on a new CBA. No one knows for sure exactly where it's at and we'll find out soon enough. The encouraging signs are players publicly saying a cap might be okay, that linkage is now evil incarnate. That might, and I say might, form the basis of some negotiation but let's assume the NHL decides they can live without linkage, which has been the motherhood issue in all of this, how long do you think it would take for the two sides just to crunch the numbers on an agreeable cap, to say nothing of salary arb, QOs, ELS, profit sharing etc etc etc...and remember, that's only if the NHL decided to drop linkage as the basis for an agreement, which many would suggest is a real longshot. The pressure of losing the season is obviously pushing the two sides together, and it may be that we're just beginning the real negotiating process, but if you can determine out of all that whether that means there's going to be a deal or it blows up sky high, well, you're a better man than me.

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

One thing to remember is that both sides have had a loooong time to look over their proposals.

If what Burke says is true, and the players just re-presented their proposal to show why the Association's CBA works, I think it is safe to say that the NHL came out on each point and instead of just saying no, tweaked them. And then vice versa the players to the Owners proposed CBA.

The only reason they are meeting tomorrow is to either close the season or continue to tweak to join and merge the two CBA's.

It is just speculation, but I would like to think an educated one.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
futurcorerock said:
It's been stated by Burke in the interview that the talks are largely over the hot topics... 80% of this deal is written already, it just needs those issues plugged in to have this baby ready for print.

I bet this could be solved in 15 minutes.
Maybe by an average fan but by two shrewd negotiators like Bob and Gary it will take much longer. The two may know a deal is in place but they will squeeze every drop out of the other side.

KOVALEV10*

By the way which city are they meeting in? New York? Chicago?

Balej20*

I'm Ready to go out and buy tickets for Rangers opening night...LETS GO RANGERS!

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Spacelobster, honest question:

Even though Bob shot you down and you accepted the shootdown, who was the source? Rather, from which "branch" of this argument are they from? Media? PLayers? Owners? League Office? Team Offices?

PLEASE let us know SOMETHING of where you got the info.

Im not asking you to out your source, but can you give us an idea?

KOVALEV10*

no13matssundin said:
Spacelobster, honest question:

Even though Bob shot you down and you accepted the shootdown, who was the source? Rather, from which "branch" of this argument are they from? Media? PLayers? Owners? League Office? Team Offices?

PLEASE let us know SOMETHING of where you got the info.

Im not asking you to out your source, but can you give us an idea?

Or did he just make it up :cry: ?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I still think a highly respected mediator could have halped these two get the deal done. Mediators have been down this road many times before and would have ideas that maybe Bob and Gary have not thought of. I just think the profit pie is far too small for both sides to share. If they had someone else in charge of the game itself the product on ice would be better resulting in a larger pie.

All this talk of pie made me hungry.

KOVALEV10*

Bileur said:
:dunno: Werent the jerks flying to toronto and back?

I dont know but I just wish that Bettman and Goodnowe's airplanes would crash and HF will run the NHL!!

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
KOVALEV10 said:
I dont know but I just wish that Bettman and Goodnowe's airplanes would crash and HF will run the NHL!!
Then retirement would be forced upon those who are 25 and over and 13 year olds would be allowed to play. There would be an NHL draft every week and Pyatt would be commish.

KOVALEV10*

Jason MacIsaac said:
Then retirement would be forced upon those who are 25 and over and 13 year olds would be allowed to play. There would be an NHL draft every week and Pyatt would be commish.

LOL AND KOVALEV10 WILL BE THE NEXT COMING OF GRETZKY!! OOPS... IM OLDER THEN 25 LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad