HF Habs: Rules & Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Thank you to the mods for doing a thankless job. And thank you for this thread.

I would like to offer up a request. This is the Montreal Canadiens board. We have a diverse cross section of fans with differing opinions for what is best for the team. Management, coaching staff, players all have supporters and detractors.

With that said, can something be done about the posts where other teams are cheered. It is frustrating to read posts pulling for the Nashville Predators to win in the same post as they are hoping for the Habs to lose. Also, it's sad to see fans pulling for the Pens to three-peat on the Habs board.

I'm all for different opinions. It would help if posts hoping the Habs lose or support for other teams while posting on the Habs board be eliminated and banned.

Thank you.

I agree with this, as long as it doesn't exclude fans from other teams who come in with legit questions and contributions.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Thank you to the mods for doing a thankless job. And thank you for this thread.

I would like to offer up a request. This is the Montreal Canadiens board. We have a diverse cross section of fans with differing opinions for what is best for the team. Management, coaching staff, players all have supporters and detractors.

With that said, can something be done about the posts where other teams are cheered. It is frustrating to read posts pulling for the Nashville Predators to win in the same post as they are hoping for the Habs to lose. Also, it's sad to see fans pulling for the Pens to three-peat on the Habs board.

I'm all for different opinions. It would help if posts hoping the Habs lose or support for other teams while posting on the Habs board be eliminated and banned.

Thank you.

The threshold separating opinion from trolling mostly depends on context. There's nothing wrong with liking elements or personnel from another team, and critiquing Montreal by comparison.

But I'd agree that in most cases, cheering for another team against the Habs crosses the line. This isn't the board for those who want Montreal to lose. The usual disclaimer: Report anything that's suspect and we'll deal with it.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Hello everyone ,

It was brought to my attention, that some of you , after reading this thread, think that what we are talking about a change in the HF rules.
Some of you thought that what we are talking in this thread goes in priority and over the actual HF rules and that the main rules comes second.

Even worst, there's an impression that the Habs section have it's own set of rules, rules who are independant of the site main rules and that when a user breaks one of the HF rules on the Habs section that they dont aply in here.

What we are talking in this thread are just some minor adjustments that we are trying to make , hoping to make this section more enjoyable for everyone to post.

Read this link , it's the HF rules and they are the same for everone on HF , no matter the section you are in.

HF forum rules <--- click here

Again , if you see a comment breaking the rules or you think that it might break the rules, just report them and a mod will take a look at it.

The Habs section is one of the biggest section on HF. We have a great team of dedicated mods in here , but there's so many trafic and things to read that it's possible that we missed a comment at fault here and there.

So if you see one of those comments , simply report them.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Hi all

It's July and Winter's coming.

With so many hockey moves in the air and so many arguments on our board, we mods wanted to set some ground rules. In our efforts to streamline our board, you'll notice we're being stricter on posts that add nothing to the conversation. Moving forward, we will be deleting one-liners about ‘Playstation’, ‘BargainBin is a ____’, and any similarly repetitive insult. They've lived a long and healthy life, but really... enough already. The goal of this board is to encourage discussion, not clutter pages with cliches we’ve seen thousands of times. There’s nothing wrong with quick, short comments, but don’t post crap simply to take up space.

We’d also like your help in being aware of the overall tone of the board. You have every right to be critical, but there's a line between constructive criticism and a pile-on of negativity. Don’t post another insult on a page filled with insults — it’s unreadable and unfair to the majority. This site is read by a wide range of people and opinions; there should be equal space for all. When one opinion shouts down the rest, let us know and we’ll address it.

Otherwise, the same rules apply, with the general guideline being to avoid making it personal. If the goal of your post is to stick it to someone, do a little self-editing and save yourself an infraction.

We’re all Habs fans, so let’s hope for the best in the weeks ahead!

Regarding the bolded part: One-liner jokes about how "cap space" is going to be a great player will also be deleted.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Regarding the bolded part: One-liner jokes about how "cap space" is going to be a great player will also be deleted.

God, it's about time, thank you mods......btw, quick question. Can I go on the Nashville board and go cheer for the HABS through Weber cause he was an ex Pred. Would I get banned from their board?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Hi all

It's July and Winter's coming.

It's July and Winter's coming!? Did I fall asleep and wake up in northern Westeros? Are the walls of the Bell Center still up or has the Night King with the White Walkers and their wights broken through and dispatched of MB and his Night's Watch?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It's July and Winter's coming!? Did I fall asleep and wake up in northern Westeros? Are the walls of the Bell Center still up or has the Night King with the White Walkers and their wights broken through and dispatched of MB and his Night's Watch?

You may have heard about Markov's red wedding. He took a stab at negotiating his own contract; didn't go so well. Otherwise, just the usual beheadings on HFHabs. You?

Reactions: S Bah

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
You may have heard about Markov's red wedding. He took a stab at negotiating his own contract; didn't go so well. Otherwise, just the usual beheadings on HFHabs. You?

Me? i want to say that I'm waiting for the nubiles to make an appearance but it seems all the Westeros women are power hungry cut throats bent on mayhem and destruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->