Signing(s): Rudy Gay bargain of a deal with the Spurs

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Rudy departs from basketball hell. All the best to him. Will be interesting to see how he fits into such a fluid offense

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Rudy Gay just seems like one of those players who puts up decent stats but doesn't play winning basketball.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I always thought of Gay and Igodula as similar players. Except Gay has never been on a good team and doesn't seem to sacrifice for the greater good. Wonder what he could be if he actually bought in to the Spurs way.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I always thought of Gay and Igodula as similar players. Except Gay has never been on a good team and doesn't seem to sacrifice for the greater good. Wonder what he could be if he actually bought in to the Spurs way.

Gay is a better offensive player. Iggy, for whatever reason, lost his offensive touch in his last few years in Philadelphia.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If Rudy can come back from his injury, he'll provide some much needed relief for Kawhi on the offensive end seeing as Aldridge can't be bothered to put in an effort anymore.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not a bad move if he's healthy. It'll be interesting to see how he fits in the Spurs system.

So what else are the Spurs doing? There was all the talk of clearing salary, chasing top FAs, possibly trading Aldridge/Green, etc. Is this going to be their big move?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Goes from the worst franchise (or second worst) to the best. Great for him.

I think he'll do great things for the Spurs, Pop will help him become a much better player.

sjsharks92

Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Pretty much a best case scenario for Rudy. He certainly doesn't fit the mold of a typical "Spur" but i bet Pop can change that. Ideally he'll be a great scoring 6th man and perhaps with San Antonio's defensive structure they can get him to be a better defender as well.

sjsharks92

Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Not a bad move if he's healthy. It'll be interesting to see how he fits in the Spurs system.

So what else are the Spurs doing? There was all the talk of clearing salary, chasing top FAs, possibly trading Aldridge/Green, etc. Is this going to be their big move?

I think this is probably it since Butler and George are both taken and Carmelo wouldn't play there.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Goes from the worst franchise (or second worst) to the best. Great for him.

I think he'll do great things for the Spurs, Pop will help him become a much better player.

In his time there they were certainly the worst.

Things seem to finally be moving in the right direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad