Roussin continu to produce even without Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
For those who doubt that Roussin is a steal he is now without Pouliot and Crosby ans still continu to put up good numbers.

3 pts in his last 2 games playing on a line with Francis Charette a 5"6 guy who just play 2 games in the Q and J-S Côté a 5"8 guy who played entire season in Rimouski and has only 8 points.

So for Roussin is a steal

CoolburnIsGone

Anfernic said:
Yes last year by Florida I think he was drafetd in 8th round
Actually it was the 7th round...but what a steal by Dudley :handclap:

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
RichPanther said:
Actually it was the 7th round...but what a steal by Dudley :handclap:

I figured it out!!!!!!!! Finally, the reason Crosby scores so much is because his stats are inflated by Roussin.............LOL :p

So has anyone here ever seen Roussin play? Is he fast? Good at stickhandling? Anyone watch Rimouski play a lot. Does he have a good shot? Thanks a lot. I really want to know what kind of NHL potential he has.

I believe that Roussin was one of only a couple guy that the cats have ever picked out of the Quebec league. They should go there more often. Fla picks out of the O a lot and Murray had been picking a lot from the W too.

rick25

Aug 3, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
PanthersRule said:
I figured it out!!!!!!!! Finally, the reason Crosby scores so much is because his stats are inflated by Roussin.............LOL :p

So has anyone here ever seen Roussin play? Is he fast? Good at stickhandling? Anyone watch Rimouski play a lot. Does he have a good shot? Thanks a lot. I really want to know what kind of NHL potential he has.

I believe that Roussin was one of only a couple guy that the cats have ever picked out of the Quebec league. They should go there more often. Fla picks out of the O a lot and Murray had been picking a lot from the W too.

Roussin is a sniper with good speed. At 6'02" and 195, he isn't very physical but he can take care of himseft. His best weapon is his wrist shot, which is very accurate.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
When he was playing with Sherbrooke he was playing on the 3rd on 4th line, but when he was traded to the Oceanic in december 2002 for JF Plourde and Gab Balasescu, he put up 38 points in 38 games in a team that have lost 36 of their 38 last games.

He has found himself now that he is in Rimouski and that's good for his career...

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Nope, just my opinion.

But im sure all the Roussin fans in here will tell you otherwise.

Actually, I agree. Roussin doesn't have the grit it takes, IMO. He's got a good shot and positions himself well but I have high doubts on him.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
Anfernic said:
For those who doubt that Roussin is a steal he is now without Pouliot and Crosby ans still continu to put up good numbers.

3 pts in his last 2 games playing on a line with Francis Charette a 5"6 guy who just play 2 games in the Q and J-S Côté a 5"8 guy who played entire season in Rimouski and has only 8 points.

So for Roussin is a steal

Charette was the best scorer of the Midget AAA league.He was playing there only because he have Pouliot and Crosby before him. Playing on the first line and PP with him is the best situation Roussin could have with the Oceanic right now.

Roussin is a good late pick but he won't be a dominant NHLers. he'll always need a C with special skills to be usefull.

FiveforFighting

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
Beatnik said:
Charette was the best scorer of the Midget AAA league.He was playing there only because he have Pouliot and Crosby before him. Playing on the first line and PP with him is the best situation Roussin could have with the Oceanic right now.

Roussin is a good late pick but he won't be a dominant NHLers. he'll always need a C with special skills to be usefull.

Sounds like Rimouski has some pretty good depth?

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
FiveforFighting said:
Sounds like Rimouski has some pretty good depth?

You're right last year they sucked but it's because they trade all their old players to have youngest (Roussin, Jasmi-Riel, Bolduc) and in addition they finish last so they got the first draft pick (Crosby) + the first Euro pick (Sersen) and with their second first round pick they pickes the leading scorer of the qc midget AAA team (Charette a smallish 5"6 that's why he has been picked so far) Add to that the players who were already there like (Marc-Antoine Pouliot, Patrick Coulombe, Danny Stewart, Zbynek Hrdel) and you've got the 2003-2004 team.

Last edited:

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
2 goals and 1 assists for Dany Tonight in a 4-4 tie, was playing with Danny Stewart and Danick Jasmin-Riel.

F. Charette was not there because he had an exam back in Quebec and J-S Coté got injured, so he lost is linemates for the game

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
63 points in 35 games for Mr. Roussin, 29 goals... J-M Daoust, 20 years old forward from Gatineau is 3rd with 55 points, while Crosby always on top with 76 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->