GDT: ROUND THREE | GAME THREE | Penguins vs Senators | 8:00 p.m. EST | CBC, NBCSN

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I didn't even see burrows leave the ice to be honest.

Also. Two things really pissed me off last night. First period. Crosby lost his stick. And had the puck in his feet. And smith had an opportunity to who knows what. And he passed up on I think and went for the stick check. (Which he lost to crosbys feet). If we lose that game I would be more mad about it.

And that powerplay. Would have liked a goal. I think we gave them a bit too much spirit in the third

I think Smith is definitely playing injured

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Anyone notice how when Burrows went down last night that not a single teammate assisted him off the ice? Thought that was interesting. Mac literally dodged him while he was limping. Obviously an assumption but could speak to his locker room character. I wasn't too excited when we traded for him with his past antics and all. Maybe they were afraid he would bite them if they touched him...

I noticed but I think you are reaching for something that isn't there

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think Smith is definitely playing injured

I thought the same thing ... would have been a good opportunity to take a shot at Crosby but I thought Smith was far more effective last night overall. Arm chair qbing is very easy compared to seeing, reading and reacting on the ice.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Anyone notice how when Burrows went down last night that not a single teammate assisted him off the ice? Thought that was interesting. Mac literally dodged him while he was limping. Obviously an assumption but could speak to his locker room character. I wasn't too excited when we traded for him with his past antics and all. Maybe they were afraid he would bite them if they touched him...

No, just No. I'd like to add more but no is good enough.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Is it me or Karlsson was not very good last night? And has mostly been a non-factor in this series? Did he aggravate his injuries?

Hopefully, he comes up big in the next game, our biggest weapon has been quiet, if he goes full EK, it's gonna be even harder for Pittsburgh

He's not himself. But he's also pretty dominant defensively. If he's near the puck it's out of the zone fairly quickly.

kex

Apr 4, 2012
No, just No. I'd like to add more but no is good enough.

It does look weird though like everyone is avoiding eye contact with him
GrimyScaredBunting-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It looks like no one noticed at first because they're all facing the bench.

There's even less to see here than I thought.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I didn't even see burrows leave the ice to be honest.

Also. Two things really pissed me off last night. First period. Crosby lost his stick. And had the puck in his feet. And smith had an opportunity to who knows what. And he passed up on I think and went for the stick check. (Which he lost to crosbys feet). If we lose that game I would be more mad about it.

And that powerplay. Would have liked a goal. I think we gave them a bit too much spirit in the third

I thought Smith had his best game of the post season. Not crushing Crosby is probably what most would have done, as they'd see stick'less Crosby as an offensive opportunity, just chip it past him and go for a scoring chance, where as crushing him with a check just ups the intensity in a game where we probably want them to go to sleep.

As for the PP, it had some good looks and hit a post I think. Opinions of our PP seem to be greatly affected by the end result, though I'd agree the first one looked dismal until the last 30 secs. Also, the terrible ice was a recipe for an bad looking PP.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Burrows: on that gif they had their back to him, how are they supposed to know he's limping? I guess he's as invisible to them as he is to us when he's playing. ;)

Smith: I thought he was much better last night. Could be the move back to wing, could be the better team mates...

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I mean shout for a bit because you're drunk and excited sure, but after a few seconds of that its just being obnoxious and preventing them from doing their segment. This isn't like generic loud crowd noise - its a handful of people who happen to be near the broadcast.

And that being said, these segments usually look like their done from a studio or separate room at least - not sure it was wise to try and do it in the open air of the stadium. Probably don't see them do that again on Friday if they learned anything there.

I don't have any problem with it. It's the ECF where the Sens are leading against the defending champions. Noise is expected..

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It does look weird though like everyone is avoiding eye contact with him
giphy.gif

Fair enough but they were all just looking at the bench and Mac was staring at the ground. Its nothing to be concerned about at all, end of story on that one.

Vancouver media, players, and the organization gushed about him and I highly doubt he came here and is already hated enough to purposely let him limp off the ice alone.

You can see in that Gif that everyone other than maybe Hoffman (Whos out of the image by then) has their back to him once its noticeable hes hurt and not just slow to get up.

Last edited:

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Screams locker room / character issues to me :shakehead unbelievable

Definitely not a good look but at the same time I highly doubt it's due to him being disliked in the locker room. He's always been apparently one of the more well liked guys on his own team, and this seems to be a locker room that is drama free and is pretty cohesive. I think it's just a case of the optics looking weird, and I do wish some of the Sens players had helped Burrows off.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Definitely not a good look but at the same time I highly doubt it's due to him being disliked in the locker room. He's always been apparently one of the more well liked guys on his own team, and this seems to be a locker room that is drama free and is pretty cohesive. I think it's just a case of the optics looking weird, and I do wish some of the Sens players had helped Burrows off.

Just to be clear I was being sarcastic

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009

Turris is the only one giving a long look there like he's thinking "is he injured?" When Phaneuf peers at Burrows, he's basically already at the bench.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
Burrows may just be the type of guy who would prefer to gut it out in peace and not have the whole bench staring at him.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Screams locker room / character issues to me :shakehead unbelievable

Turris, Mac, and Karlsson all with their backs to him. Mac turns and almost runs him over and you can see Turris turn after he skates by him. There's nothing to see here.

EDIT: saw the clarification. Sorry for ever doubting you. I should know better (no sarcasm). Cheers!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I'm trying to remember a time I saw other players helping a player off. I mean, it's not like it never happens, but I see players hobbling off by themselves a lot, then maybe the medical staff helps them down the tunnel. But, you know, the next game's not until tomorrow night so sure let's analyse it to death

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Is it me or Karlsson was not very good last night? And has mostly been a non-factor in this series? Did he aggravate his injuries?

Hopefully, he comes up big in the next game, our biggest weapon has been quiet, if he goes full EK, it's gonna be even harder for Pittsburgh

He is clearly playing with limited power and mobility, the big offensive push that we saw in the Ranger series is not there. But his smarts are in tact and he is still having a big impact - the Sens numbers with him on and off the ice still have a big gap.

What I like is that Phaneuf is stepping up his game in a big way. This is like vintage Flames Phaneuf. After so many years of no success in the playoffs he must want this really bad!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad