GDT: ROUND THREE | GAME THREE | Penguins vs Senators | 8:00 p.m. EST | CBC, NBCSN

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Listening to Toronto sports radio and all they're talking about is how Ctc wasn't sold out last night is this true ? Sure looked sold out to me.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Listening to Toronto sports radio and all they're talking about is how Ctc wasn't sold out last night is this true ? Sure looked sold out to me.

Attendance per the game report was 18615. Capacity is officially 18500, but no one has ever updated Wikipedia so google searches say 19100.

They did release some blocks of tickets a couple hours before game time though, so you did get the tickets are still available notice shortly before game start

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Is it me or Karlsson was not very good last night? And has mostly been a non-factor in this series? Did he aggravate his injuries?

Hopefully, he comes up big in the next game, our biggest weapon has been quiet, if he goes full EK, it's gonna be even harder for Pittsburgh

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Is it me or Karlsson was not very good last night? And has mostly been a non-factor in this series? Did he aggravate his injuries?

Hopefully, he comes up big in the next game, our biggest weapon has been quiet, if he goes full EK, it's gonna be even harder for Pittsburgh

He played a sound defensive game. No need for him to go full EK, so I like to think he was conserving his strength and focussing on the defensive side of the puck. Hopefully he can do that again in game 4.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Well, he was +4.

But I get what you're saying.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Attendance per the game report was 18615. Capacity is officially 18500, but no one has ever updated Wikipedia so google searches say 19100.

They did release some blocks of tickets a couple hours before game time though, so you did get the tickets are still available notice shortly before game start

Ya I have no idea but that's what they were talking about. Saying it's embarrassing that they can't sell out an ecf game. I'm genuinely confused

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton

Right now, he is doing exactly what he needs to do in this series. Not being very noticeable, and that can't be a bad thing for a defense-man.

Hasn't allowed a single 5vs5 goal (1 PP goal against, which was meaningless)

On Ice for every goal scored by the Sens in this series, except 1

Started the play where Ryan scored the OT winner, even though he never got an assist

A couple of other goals were started off Karlsson's stick even though he didn't get the assists on them

He has been absolute Lidstrom-like (this series), and he is playing 2 gears below his level. Just think about that for a minute

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
Ottawa seems to have an element of hunger we haven't seen from any other team in the East. EK, Phanuef, Andy, Stone, Methot, Hoff, Brass, Turris, Smith, Ceci, - the entire group play hungry every game.

Hunger is a crucial element to winning, we have it in spades

These last 3 games have been the best Dion has played in a Sens uniform, bar none.

He's actually using his size to his advantage and wiping people out, as opposed to using his long reach and just stick checking. He looks like the beast that entered the league with Calgary. Very refreshing to see. He's hungry.

I'm not sure how this season will end, but they've caught something. This ride has been incredible so far.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
On another note, I can't stress enough about how impressed I am with Bobby Ryan in these playoffs, a complete player and super clutch. Looks like a 7M$ player

Man this playoff run has been amazing to follow, not sure I ever had more fun. What a great team

He played a sound defensive game. No need for him to go full EK, so I like to think he was conserving his strength and focussing on the defensive side of the puck. Hopefully he can do that again in game 4.

Only 22:28 last night; you're probably right he is playing more conservative hockey. But if there is a guy who can take over a game, it's him. He could litterally give us another win and we're only 2 wins away, so that would come in handy :D

Well, he was +4.

But I get what you're saying.

Yeah I saw that but we haven't seen EK as dominant as usual so far against Pittsburgh. Maybe they focus a lot more than usual on him, so that gives more time and space to others. That's great because we have a ton of players who can make a difference.

Right now, he is doing exactly what he needs to do in this series. Not being very noticeable, and that can't be a bad thing for a defense-man.

Hasn't allowed a single 5vs5 goal (1 PP goal against, which was meaningless)

On Ice for every goal scored by the Sens in this series, except 1

Started the play where Ryan scored the OT winner, even though he never got an assist

A couple of other goals were started off Karlsson's stick even though he didn't get the assists on them

I am not necessarily talking about points. I am talking about EK controlling the flow of the game and tilting the ice towards the Sens end. Maybe it's a bit impossible to do because the Pens are easily a top-3 opponent in the league. Hard to dominate them

Last edited:

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa

He's just playing with what he's been given with so far. It just shows how much he's grown as a player. He's not trying to make something out of nothing.

When you're not noticeable, but still putting up a +4, that's showing me something.

shawnh91

May 1, 2012
Anyone notice how when Burrows went down last night that not a single teammate assisted him off the ice? Thought that was interesting. Mac literally dodged him while he was limping. Obviously an assumption but could speak to his locker room character. I wasn't too excited when we traded for him with his past antics and all. Maybe they were afraid he would bite them if they touched him...

Last edited:

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
Anyone notice how when Burrows went down last night that not a single teammate assisted him off the ice? Thought that was interesting. Mac literally dodged him while he was limping. Obviously an assumption but could speak to his locker room character. I wasn't too excited when we traded for him with his past antics and all. Maybe they were afraid he would bite them if they touched him...

I was thinking the same thing. I found it odd.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

A pretty huge assumption.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer

"Hey! Need some help, Alex?"

*grimacing and limping* "Nope, I'm good."

shawnh91

May 1, 2012
A pretty huge assumption.

Sure. Body language and actions speak a ton though. The guys didn't give him a single glance, tap, anything...Tell me how many times you've seen a teammate hobble off the ice and not a single teammate gives ANY bit of attention to it?

This is the same guy who made fun of O'Sullivan for suffering child abuse at the hands of his father...

Last edited:

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
Great game last night. Still tomorrow night is must win. I think whoever wins Game 4 wins the series.

I feel the same way. Ottawa has a depleted Pens team on the ropes. If the Pens find a way to get off the mat getting them back down will be hard. However with the injuries they have being down 3-1 will be very demoralizing.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Knowing the final score, I kind of wish they didn't manage to get the fourth.

From now on they get to face Matt Murray. I'm worried. I was much happier with Fleury.

Tell me I'm wrong, please. I need the comfort.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Sure. Body language and actions speak a ton though. The guys didn't give him a single glance, tap, anything...Tell me how many times you've seen a teammate hobble off the ice and not a single teammate gives ANY bit of attention to it?

This is the same guy who made fun of O'Sullivan for suffering child abuse as a child...

Sen or not, the guys a piece of trash.

I saw him skate/limp past two guys, Brass and someone else (Mac?). FIrst person had their heads down kind of just skating in a circle and never really looked at him/don't thi k he knew he was injured. Second person looked at him and had a kind of like "should I do something" face.

Could be nothing. Could be a dislikable guy. But afte rthe whole Dorion locker room group hugs, it's weird to see no one give him a hand.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013

This is the same guy who made fun of O'Sullivan for suffering child abuse at the hands of his father...

Stop reaching.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

He skated off on his own, looked like the other players on the ice were occupied with something/someone else. I doubt there is any substance to what you say. I've seen other guys block shots and go limping off (Boro) and no one gives him any attention and this is with him being an apparent locker room glue guy.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I didn't even see burrows leave the ice to be honest.

Also. Two things really pissed me off last night. First period. Crosby lost his stick. And had the puck in his feet. And smith had an opportunity to who knows what. And he passed up on I think and went for the stick check. (Which he lost to crosbys feet). If we lose that game I would be more mad about it.

And that powerplay. Would have liked a goal. I think we gave them a bit too much spirit in the third

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad