Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 48, Carter Hart, G, Everett (WHL)

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Gotcha. Either way it's been great experience for Hart that he's spent so much time in the same division as the offensive powerhouses. He's definitely been tested.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Courier-Post blurb:

Carter Hart, goalie, Everett Silvertips (WHL)

Height/weight: 6-foot-2, 185 pounds
Draft: 2016 second round (48th overall)
This season: 2 games, 3.70 goals-against average, .893 save percentage
The skinny: While the Flyers’ goaltending this season has left so much to be desired, anticipation grows for Hart’s professional career. His junior team is anticipating his return to the lineup after he’s missed time with mononucleosis but appears close to returning. The big spotlight for Hart will be the World Junior Championship where he got some experience last season.
Button’s take: “Now he’s not the lock No. 1. He’s gonna have serious competition from Michael DiPietro, who plays in Windsor, won a Memorial Cup last year, for that No. 1 spot. When I say the No. 1 spot, I’m talking about the No. 1 spot when it gets to go-time and go-time is when it gets to quarterfinals, semifinals.
“I don’t think Carter’s a shrinking violet when it comes to competition. He doesn’t need anything handed to him.”

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
A good SV% doesn't seem to mean future success given the names in the top 5.

I hope he has a dominant WJC...would be great to have Goalie of the Tournament in back to back years.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
A good SV% doesn't seem to mean future success given the names in the top 5.

I hope he has a dominant WJC...would be great to have Goalie of the Tournament in back to back years.

THAT is exactly what I want to see from him more than anything else. His performance last season was uneven.

Reactions: Tripod

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
At .953 sv% after 11 games.

Best 5 sv%'s in CHL history (30+ games):

Jeremy Duschesne: .942sv%
Mike Murphy: .941sv%
Gerard Coleman: .941sv%
Dustin Tokarski: .937sv%
Patrik Bartosak: .935sv%
surprised to see he's retired from playing. Pretty short career for an 89. Good goalie

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
surprised to see he's retired from playing. Pretty short career for an 89. Good goalie

I use to go to Belleville Bulls games every weekend to watch him and PK. He was a way better goalie then Malcolm subban

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Good read. Here are some things in the article as well as a rundown on his February that I did up.

Carter Hart's streak has ended.

After dealing with mono to start the season which caused him to miss all of October, Hart had won WHL Goalie of the Month in Nov, Dec and Jan. But in February, Riley Lamb won the award.

February: Riley Lamb, Red Deer Rebels
January: Carter Hart, Everett Silvertips
December: Carter Hart, Everett Silvertips
November: Carter Hart, Everett Silvertips
September/October: Logan Flodell, Swift Current Broncos

Lamb was 9-0 and had a 1.99 GAA and a .937 SV%.
Hart could only muster up a 7-0-2 record with a 1.54 GAA and a .946 SV%

Hart now sits at 1.53 GAA and a .951 SV% on the season. And he is chasing history going for:

third straight Goalie of the Year Award in the WHL
likely will become the first two-time recipient of the CHL Goalie of the Year Award, after winning it in 2015-16.
posting the best SV% in CHL history beating the records in the WHL at .937 , OHL at .941, and QMJHL at .931

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Good read. Here are some things in the article as well as a rundown on his February that I did up.

Carter Hart's streak has ended.

After dealing with mono to start the season which caused him to miss all of October, Hart had won WHL Goalie of the Month in Nov, Dec and Jan. But in February, Riley Lamb won the award.

February: Riley Lamb, Red Deer Rebels
January: Carter Hart, Everett Silvertips
December: Carter Hart, Everett Silvertips
November: Carter Hart, Everett Silvertips
September/October: Logan Flodell, Swift Current Broncos

Lamb was 9-0 and had a 1.99 GAA and a .937 SV%.
Hart could only muster up a 7-0-2 record with a 1.54 GAA and a .946 SV%

Hart now sits at 1.53 GAA and a .951 SV% on the season. And he is chasing history going for:

third straight Goalie of the Year Award in the WHL
likely will become the first two-time recipient of the CHL Goalie of the Year Award, after winning it in 2015-16.
posting the best SV% in CHL history beating the records in the WHL at .937 , OHL at .941, and QMJHL at .931

I want to get excited, but i'm sure he'll be sent back down to the AHL once he misplays a puck too.

Reactions: Tripod

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Corey Schneider may be the best comparison to a goalie prospect with this serious a pedigree. Im so excited we hav w him in the system

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
At .953 sv% after 11 games.

Best 5 sv%'s in CHL history (30+ games):

Jeremy Duschesne: .942sv%
Mike Murphy: .941sv%
Gerard Coleman: .941sv%
Dustin Tokarski: .937sv%
Patrik Bartosak: .935sv%

How does Hart compare to these guys as a prospect?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->