Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 48, Carter Hart, G, Everett (WHL)

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Call me insane, but i bet if you put Hart in net next year, he would be better than any other goalie we start aka : Nuevy/Mason?Stolarz/FA singing. Remember Mason/Fluery's rookie seasons at 19? I say we let him compete for that spot. Obviously if he isn't 100% ready dont play him. But i think he definitely deserves a look.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Call me insane, but i bet if you put Hart in net next year, he would be better than any other goalie we start aka : Nuevy/Mason?Stolarz/FA singing. Remember Mason/Fluery's rookie seasons at 19? I say we let him compete for that spot. Obviously if he isn't 100% ready dont play him. But i think he definitely deserves a look.

Mason was 20/21 years old then struggled years following it. Fleury wasn't even good as a rookie & took years to establish himself as quality goalie in the NHL. Fleury was a late birthday who didn't have to go to juniors in his D+2 season.

So yes it absolutely could be worse next year & could further damage going forward with Hart's development.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Really? Even though it has way more 90+ point-getters in the WHL this year? Were the bottom players that bad?

WHL plays 4 more games per season. The gap shrunk this year, but the WHL was still the lowest scoring league on a per game basis. The OHL actually edged out the Q (ever so slightly) for highest scoring league in the CHL this year.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Barring something crazy he should win the CHL Goalie of the Year Award too. He'd be the first ever to do that.

Next year he'll be aiming to become the first ever goalie to win the WHL Goalie of the Year Award three times.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Barring something crazy he should win the CHL Goalie of the Year Award too. He'd be the first ever to do that.

Next year he'll be aiming to become the first ever goalie to win the WHL Goalie of the Year Award three times.

That would be pretty damn impressive. What's the list of names look like for goalies who won the WHL award back to back?

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
Can't wait to see what Hart can do next year. Seems Sandstrom and Hart head a strong group of rookie goalies for the Flyers right now.

Anybody with an NHL comparison of Hart? I read Price a little bit on some of these pages, but I can't bring myself to get that hyped about a goalie prospect because I feel as though I'll be disappointed.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Can't wait to see what Hart can do next year. Seems Sandstrom and Hart head a strong group of rookie goalies for the Flyers right now.

Anybody with an NHL comparison of Hart? I read Price a little bit on some of these pages, but I can't bring myself to get that hyped about a goalie prospect because I feel as though I'll be disappointed.

Stylistically, Price is a great comparable. So is Holtby, who has really quieted his body movement the last few seasons (albeit TOO quiet in the playoffs this year). This doesn't mean he will be as good as Price, as style is only one variable. Athleticism and mental strength play huge parts as well.

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
Stylistically, Price is a great comparable. So is Holtby, who has really quieted his body movement the last few seasons (albeit TOO quiet in the playoffs this year). This doesn't mean he will be as good as Price, as style is only one variable. Athleticism and mental strength play huge parts as well.

Price and Holtby are interesting comparables. He does seem to be trending in a positive direction though. I think that at least 1 goalie in Philly's system right now could be an above average starter one day. Maybe not a Carey Price or Holtby, but someone like a Craig Anderson.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ

The only difference I see is that Hart is much skinnier than both of those two. Of course that's because he's still a kid and all but that's something to keep in mind when thinking how long it'll take Carter to develop.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
WHL plays 4 more games per season. The gap shrunk this year, but the WHL was still the lowest scoring league on a per game basis. The OHL actually edged out the Q (ever so slightly) for highest scoring league in the CHL this year.

Not that I doubt the statistics, but this seemed odd to me. I see so many Seattle/ Portland games that always end up being like 6-5, and Hart has to fend off both of those teams.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Not that I doubt the statistics, but this seemed odd to me. I see so many Seattle/ Portland games that always end up being like 6-5, and Hart has to fend off both of those teams.

Portland and Seattle were two of the higher scoring teams, especially when Seattle had Barzal in the lineup.

Teams like Everett, Kamloops, and Prince George out West helped offset their offense as they were pretty stingy defensively- particularly Everett.

All 3 leagues were pretty close in scoring this year. I haven't gone through and done the math beyond this year and last year, but last year the Q and the OHL were higher scoring leagues by like 5 or 6%. This year it was closer to a 1% difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->