Series Talk: Round 2 Discussion - Panthers vs Bruins - Part II - (Florida Wins 4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Had a dream that I missed an 8-1 home win because I went to an event being held in the arena during the game that was serving free food and drinks and they weren’t allowing the game to be seen or heard from inside of it.

I am turning into Ekblad, damn it

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Lol I drunk typed a small essay, didn't seem to resonate anyway so yeah LOL
I read it, good rant, I think Toronto did very well, when it got to overtime, it was the proverbial lucky bounce, but that was Tornto best chances.
Samsonov stopped everything, even the ones he couldn't see, at that point, I was pulling for Toronto. I think, it was a better match for us because of the goalie situation.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Look what happened to the Panthers the year they won the presidents trophy. They were the highest scoring team in the league that year. They scored 3 goals the entire series against Tampa. Regular season scoring means jack in the playoffs when everybody finishes checks and soft high scoring forwards disappear.
I mean, I agree to an extent. But Tampa was also really good defensively, and Vasi was also excellent almost that entire playoffs.

Even so, I think my point still stands on this being a low scoring series. Boston is much more defensively sound 5 on 5 than Tampa is this year, and they have an elite goalie to boot.

I guess we'll see though, anything can happen.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
If Swayman wasn’t in god mode I would be extremely confident. He could potentially steal the series for the bruins
God mode?

Toronto managed 12 goals in 7 games, we will have that many by game 4 IMO.

We have the edge in every category. Anyone who watched round one is either vastly overrating Boston, or how good Toronto was.

They ducked TB for God's sake to play 7 games with a much worse opponent...

If Boston isn't 30%+ on the PP like last year it's gonna be tough as we are the better 5v5 team. TB was a tougher assignment IMO

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
They look slow and old. Tampa was way scarier than boston. I wasnt sure we'd beat tampa. Im almost positive we'll beat boston. Toronto manhandled them the last 3 games and i dont think toronto couldve beaten us.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Not having bennett sucks but at least boston has issues on their center depth on all 4 lines.

Watching last few games they could not generate much vs toronto, very sloppy since goin up 3-1 and were shocked to torontos style.

Leafs forwards usually disappear in the playoffs and matthews and nylander missed several games and it still went to 7.

Swayman made some crazy good saves, hes very good but i gotta say i wasnt that impressed with the leafs offense.

Boston swept us in the regular season so hopefully that doesnt make us complacent, kinda annoyed two of those games we blew early leads in.

Not really sure how this plays out, tampa played us well defensively (until game 5 in the third period) for the most part and they were not a good defensive team. But boston doesnt nearly have their firepower.

We beat a better team last year with a weaker team, there should be no excuse losing this one. I expect a horrible 1st-2nd period but hopefully we can rally in the 3rd

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Series to series
Day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Yes, maybe Leafs coach needs to then do something??? ;)
20220523_185917.jpg

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Series goes through Lundell. If he plays well, we will win. If he doesn't, man we need Bennett to come back.

Swayman is a really good goalie.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day to day.

RIP Bennett

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
You have to feel a lot better now than round 1 vs Boston. Idgaf about the regular season, Bruins crushed the Leafs and struggled mightily in the playoffs, Avs got destroyed every game by the Jets but come playoff time it wasn't close. It's just hard, having watched both teams' round 1, to not feel really good. Also Swayman is unreal but Tampa's goalie isn't bad to say the least and he got lit up, and that was with him playing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad