Series Discussion: Round 2 (Caps vs Penguins) 2016 Playoffs (Pens fans, read note in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkin

Sep 14, 2005
Minor changes expected IF they lose but they won't blow things up. Heard on hockey Pdocast McClellan said they've got a two year window. This was year one. Make a few changes and after that rebuild.

Goal seems to be to keep hustling the fans for as long as possible. Why change that if the customers don't demand more?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think I'm just gonna jump off the ship of Hockey. Too much time and stress for...... well, this.

I told bobrouse last season that I was done. then they sucked me back in with Williams and Oshie. Life it too short. Ive wasted decades of springs on this junk and decades of wasted regular seasons watching what never seems to matter.

they can win 3 straight. if they do, I will watch the next round. but I am only interested in 3rd round hockey now. no more making my schedule around pre 3rd round hockey.

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
Save the drama for when it's really over. Would you be celebrating if the Caps were up 3-1? It's a cliche but they can't win more then one game at the time no matter what the score is.

Meanwhile, Chorney 0-for-5 in this playoff..

I agree that they should've addressed the 3rd pair, not the injury depth at the TDL.

I also think this was Williams best game in the playoffs.

It seems like most of the Pens goals are scored on lucky bounces/opportunities, can that last through a whole series?

Listening to this f-ing NBCSN crew makes me want to throw up in my own mouth and swallow it again, so biased it's not even funny. Considering seeing game 5 on mute.

Could Pens D handle a run n' gun offense? It might be worth a try! It's not like the current O is working flawlessly.
It only has to last one more game. I think it will hold out for them. Ugh.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Minor changes expected IF they lose but they won't blow things up. Heard on hockey Pdocast McClellan said they've got a two year window. This was year one. Make a few changes and after that rebuild.

Yes they have a 2 year window...after that blow it up Toronto style if no Cup final at the minimum.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Watching CSN. Although a lot of players are talking about what they're doing well, making excuses - apparently Holtby keeps answering questions wtih "my job is to stop the puck" to every question.

Good for him. He's pissed. His team is leaving him out to dry (hes let in maybe 1 or 2 bad goals in 10 playoff games). Defense is ****ing up in front of him - and his offense is giving him no support.

Glad there's someone on the team with some fire and is actually pissed.... as well as he should be.

WcRoenick97

Apr 6, 2008
D.C.
Just like I saw the penalty call coming late in the game, I see the Caps winning game 5 and 6...only to let us down in Game 7. You know it's coming.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
fix what? this team has been a juggernaut twice and when the playoffs come they are reminded of who they are. they can change all the players but they are still the Capitals.

Fix his individual performance, obviously.

The fate thing... I have no interest in discussing it. Basically, if you really believe it, there is no point to watch in the first place, it's absurd.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
How can Trotz even think the way they play works? Hasn't gotten past the 2nd round in 17 years of coaching. Obviously what he does does NOT work.

WcRoenick97

Apr 6, 2008
D.C.
Trotz is actually the perfect coach for the Caps. Neither can get past the second round. But they can sell seats!!!! F U Ted.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Deep breaths people. It is just a game. Life will go on. And at least we don't live in that **** hole that is Pittsburgh lol.

right. just a game. just a show. if I go to a restaurant that serves really nice looking for, but each time it tastes bad, eventually I stop going.

as a longtime customer of the product looks good but it just tastes bad. its not fun and its supposed to be. if its not what its supposed to be, its my fault after a while for keeping giving them my time and money.

unless they win three straight here, I wont be buying center ice next season. its the only way I can see these games and I wont spend that money anymore. sorry ted.

WcRoenick97

Apr 6, 2008
D.C.
I told bobrouse last season that I was done. then they sucked me back in with Williams and Oshie. Life it too short. Ive wasted decades of springs on this junk and decades of wasted regular seasons watching what never seems to matter.

they can win 3 straight. if they do, I will watch the next round. but I am only interested in 3rd round hockey now. no more making my schedule around pre 3rd round hockey.

I refuse to buy tickets to the first or second round. Once they prove they can make it out of the second round for a change, I'll be there for the ECF. I want to go to a really meaningful game. Until then, I'll save my money and watch our playoff failures from home.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
We arn't going to be able to make too many big offseason moves, or at least any major ones.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Wow, the more I watch that play from Weber the more I hope he has to take a commercial flight back to DC to pick up his things. And the angrier I feel towards Trotz. Did he really believe that Weber was incapable of the same type of gift Schmidt gave the Pens? You want a clutz playing behind the blue line against a fast team? No other defender on this roster makes that play.

Trotz has been absolutely humiliated. Not just because of his decision making (or often lack thereof), but because of what is a very apparent inability to bring out the best in his team. Defenders making mental mistakes and a discombobulated, limited, unimaginative attack with poor spacing, poor positioning, and generally poor fundamentals.

Pittsburgh's speed has ZERO to do with our offensive woes because, if anything, we had less success against Philly. Hell we've had trouble against almost every team we faced the past 2 months.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Letting Wardo go just sucked. I guess Laich's contract really boned us.

they had wardo last season and blew a 3 games to 1 lead. before that it was wardo's double minor high sticking penalty in the last 30 seconds of a game that killed them. its not wardo. its not the individual players. its the franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad