Series Discussion: Round 2 (Caps vs Penguins) 2016 Playoffs (Pens fans, read note in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocubed

Apr 13, 2016
Which number do you think matters most right now:

A) Being down 3-1 in the series
B) About to not make it out of the 2nd round yet again
C) Season ticket renewal numbers for next season

Well I know I'm thinking I'm glad I'm not spending 10k plus a year to watch this nonsense. I'm sure less people will renew. The prices keep increasing like that correlates with anything the team has done.

The beer is cheaper at home and I don't ever have to ride the metro pissed off.

If we lose this round I bet the next team rolls over the Pens.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
its funny. people insist that the history of playoff failures doesn't effect each succeeding team that then pulls the same choking failure. they have to feel it and it has to weigh on them.'

Just look at Justin Williams. He's a playoff god and for the Caps he downright sucks.

Where does Kuzy go from here? His nhl experience is blowing a 3-1 lead in playoff season 1 and then failing to make it out of the 2nd round with the best team in the league while he personally full on vapor locks.

Well, it's not like the Caps have a choice. Plenty of quality players have recovered from bad stretches/playoffs.

He's gonna try to fix it, Caps are gonna wait. What's the alternative? There is none.

mrwarden

Nothing Witty
Jan 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Biggest difference between Caps and Pens is embarassingly, depth. Cullen and Bonino are playing better than Kuz and Williams. Pens 7-8 d men are better than our 5-6.

Sep 19, 2008
We are riding home from the Verizon Center party. The boys are not good enough to compete. They can hang but Pittsburgh has the edge and it showed. Caps just with too many mental mistakes and bad passes and turnovers.

That's why it's so hard to win the cup. The best caps team in history might be done in five games. In general it could be argued the pens were better through out. They outplayed Washington every game but game 3. This penguins team is terrifyingly good. I've said it before because all I hear is Joe Bartnick talk about it. They're dangerous and no one wants a part of them.

The heart is there. The talent is not. Stop turning the puck over and committing bad passes. Please.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@JillCSN: Sense from room: Caps feel they need to find a way to get pucks in the net, generally happy with the way they played #CapitalsTalk

They're just never going to get it.

Monsterrain

Mar 4, 2013
Maryland
I won't judge anyone for jumping ship to another team. We don't deserve this as a fanbase. And yet, I probably say this every spring.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I hope for Orlov is that he goes to another team...I think he will be a heck of a player...I think Barry beat every last ounce of confidence out of Orlov this season and he will never play well consistently under Trotz.

Then he's mentally weak and should be shipped out immediately. Trotz gave this guy every friggen chance in the world leading up to the playoffs. The dude regressed badly as the season wore on.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
They're happy with the way they played coz that's what Trotz is telling them. It's the way he wants them to play. He can't see that its not working. Dude is in friggin denial.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
@JillCSN: Sense from room: Caps feel they need to find a way to get pucks in the net, generally happy with the way they played #CapitalsTalk

They're just never going to get it.

I had that sense after the Flyers series. They still don't understand how to play playoff hockey.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
This. A little bummed but honestly I'm amazed how not ****** I feel.

Yeah. I think last year's collapse may have killed a lot of my interest.

It's honestly amazing watching other series and then watching Washington's series. It's not just a lack of success that makes it brutal - they just don't play at a high enough level for exciting hockey. Their offense completely dries up every year so it's boring to watch, even despite the 'they're my favourite team so I enjoy watching' factor.

Ovechkin

Sep 14, 2005
Nah, they will get another year then expect a 2004 type fire sale.

I think Ted is fine with 41 regular season sellouts and 6-8 more in the playoffs each year. He probably thinks it could be worse and just accepts it. He treats Dick Patrick (and Ernie Grundfeld) like he's Steve Jobs and not schmuck on a 34 year goldbricking streak. Ted's plan is to keep the same people in charge and just try running into the wall from a little harder from a bit more of a distance.

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
Trotz always seems to be happy with the way we play even when we lose.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
We are riding home from the Verizon Center party. The boys are not good enough to compete. They can hang but Pittsburgh has the edge and it showed. Caps just with too many mental mistakes and bad passes and turnovers.

That's why it's so hard to win the cup. The best caps team in history might be done in five games. In general it could be argued the pens were better through out. They outplayed Washington every game but game 3. This penguins team is terrifyingly good. I've said it before because all I hear is Joe Bartnick talk about it. They're dangerous and no one wants a part of them.

The heart is there. The talent is not. Stop turning the puck over and committing bad passes. Please.

Ya. Tampa is the only team in the league that has consistently beat them. But I don't see any other team beating them.

If SJ is blown out by Nashville, nope. STL maybe but that's a big if.

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
I just hope the penguins fans are having fun reading us in this thread. I'm not going near the main boards, that's for sure.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Well, it's not like the Caps have a choice. Plenty of quality players have recovered from bad stretches/playoffs.

He's gonna try to fix it, Caps are gonna wait. What's the alternative? There is none.

fix what? this team has been a juggernaut twice and when the playoffs come they are reminded of who they are. they can change all the players but they are still the Capitals.

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland
Save the drama for when it's really over. Would you be celebrating if the Caps were up 3-1? It's a cliche but they can't win more then one game at the time no matter what the score is.

Meanwhile, Chorney 0-for-5 in this playoff..

I agree that they should've addressed the 3rd pair, not the injury depth at the TDL.

I also think this was Williams best game in the playoffs.

It seems like most of the Pens goals are scored on lucky bounces/opportunities, can that last through a whole series?

Listening to this f-ing NBCSN crew makes me want to throw up in my own mouth and swallow it again, so biased it's not even funny. Considering seeing game 5 on mute.

Could Pens D handle a run n' gun offense? It might be worth a try! It's not like the current O is working flawlessly.

Sep 19, 2008
Minor changes expected IF they lose but they won't blow things up. Heard on hockey Pdocast McClellan said they've got a two year window. This was year one. Make a few changes and after that rebuild.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Meanwhile, Chorney 0-for-5 in this playoff..

What I was saying. Scratch him tonight. He is bad luck for our team. The winning when Beagle scores is preceeded by losing when Chorney is in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->