Series Discussion: Round 2 (Caps vs Penguins) 2016 Playoffs (Pens fans, read note in OP) - Part II

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
FWIW what's to say that Murray won't return to form and dazzle in front of a home crowd tomorrow? Tomorrow still makes me uncomfortable. I won't breathe easy until we finish that series with 4 wins. Plenty of teams have worked their way back to 3-2 and faltered in Game 6, one example being the Flyers last series. So tomorrow is no guarantee. The way the series has gone though, just go out there and play like you did Game 5.

I don't think anyone has "solved" Murray, he had a bad game and it's no guarantee he'll look like that tomorrow. Take the lead early and D up. Limit your turnovers. Help Holtby out.

Murray is an average goaltender. This is him returning to form. If Washington plays the way they are able to they will score.

Sep 19, 2008
Murray is an average goaltender. This is him returning to form. If Washington plays the way they are able to they will score.

I hope you're right but things just haven't looked good in Pittsburgh this postseason. They've yet to win there and have lost 3-2 and 3-2. Just very nervous about tomorrow and have no confidence at all. I can't breathe easy until they win four games. Period.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Man, I'd love the Caps to have a first period tomorrow night like Dallas just had tonight.

I'd prefer a game where we score of solid plays that can't be blamed on Murray and we stay just far enough in front that they don't give MAF some game time work and start him in game 7. That's ideal but a win is the most important.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
I hope you're right but things just haven't looked good in Pittsburgh this postseason. They've yet to win there and have lost 3-2 and 3-2. Just very nervous about tomorrow and have no confidence at all. I can't breathe easy until they win four games. Period.
Oh I have some confidence... yet remain as nervous as you :innocent:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
been thru too many of these now to be nervous. interested. yes. We are racing this weekend at a really fast track where I have only one experience with and very few laps. With a brand new race car that we haven't figured out yet. That makes me nervous.

This Caps game? Not. If they win I will be happy and know I cant watch g7. If they lose, I have bigger fish to fry.

Aliceanna

Tom Wilson - Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 12, 2011
ATL
been thru too many of these now to be nervous. interested. yes. We are racing this weekend at a really fast track where I have only one experience with and very few laps. With a brand new race car that we haven't figured out yet. That makes me nervous.

This Caps game? Not. If they win I will be happy and know I cant watch g7. If they lose, I have bigger fish to fry.

Good luck on your race! And there's a place called Bleacher's Sports Bar in Watkins Glen. You should be able to watch, should the Caps take the necessary steps to make one happen. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->