Series Talk: Round 1: Enter Los Angeles Kings

What will be the result of this series?

• Total voters

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Might as well get this started now. I feel we will be in much better shape than the Trade Deadline series. Get the first line back to familiarity over the next few days, work Perron back to the second line, and have Tuch and Tatar together over the next few days.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

jeffinseal

Apr 8, 2018
Is there any chance this game will be played on Thursday, or is everyone operating under the assumption it will begin Wednesday?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Might as well get this started now. I feel we will be in much better shape than the Trade Deadline series. Get the first line back to familiarity over the next few days, work Perron back to the second line, and have Tuch and Tatar together over the next few days.

Honestly even though it would be a shock I wouldn't be surprised if Tatar were scratched for game 1.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I'm a firm believer that when you are the proven better team over the course of a year you don't make changes to your style to account for your opponent. I think the Knights need to double down on the speed and skill and dump the grit/hitting of Reaves on Wednesday. Force the Kings to react to your speed and your aggressiveness and you'll be in the right position to win. For that reason you need Tatar on line three and you go with PEB-Carpenter-Nosek on line four. That's two solid lines with potential to put the puck in the net, plus the fourth line is a great two way line that can match up defensively to help protect a lead. If it were my call Reaves would only go in for a road game if it appeared we needed to be more physical because the Kings were taking something away.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I'm a firm believer that when you are the proven better team over the course of a year you don't make changes to your style to account for your opponent. I think the Knights need to double down on the speed and skill and dump the grit/hitting of Reaves on Wednesday. Force the Kings to react to your speed and your aggressiveness and you'll be in the right position to win. For that reason you need Tatar on line three and you go with PEB-Carpenter-Nosek on line four. That's two solid lines with potential to put the puck in the net, plus the fourth line is a great two way line that can match up defensively to help protect a lead. If it were my call Reaves would only go in for a road game if it appeared we needed to be more physical because the Kings were taking something away.

Absolutely. Reaves needs to sit in favor of the skill guys. I would play Carrier before him as well.

The team was really rolling when PEB, Nosek & Carpy were grinding it out together on the 4th line. GG shouldn't take any of them out of the line up.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Can we please bring in a ton more people to this forum for the playoffs? Knights fans are crazy on Twitter but this is so much easier.

Yeah its disappointing the crowd we get on here, but this board has been around a long time and has some pretty knowledgeable fans overall. Very few were open to switching to the Knights this year and the new fans in Vegas probably aren't searching out posting forums yet. Give it a few years, until then the VGK section will definitely be the closest thing resembling an expansion team this team has.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah its disappointing the crowd we get on here, but this board has been around a long time and has some pretty knowledgeable fans overall. Very few were open to switching to the Knights this year and the new fans in Vegas probably aren't searching out posting forums yet. Give it a few years, until then the VGK section will definitely be the closest thing resembling an expansion team this team has.
Definitely feels like we are a close knit little Knight family for now. Hahaha

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at putting together a sort of fan vs fan perspective writeup for our work in progress articles section:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/articles/

Is anyone here interested in writing a 3 paragraph-ish post for us about what you think of the match up, who will win, players to watch, or whatever is on your mind? It can even be a post you were gonna write anyway.

You get trophy points when you contribute an article if that floats your boat :P

Thanks,

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Maybe the Ducks fans will be looking in on the series. They'd love to see the Kings get booted first round.

You'd think so, but there is a surprising amount of disdain on the Ducks board for the Knights. Not sure why. I'm just glad we avoided a 1st Round match-up with the Ducks. Hopefully both teams will win their series and then I'll be faced with the dilemma of who to root for.

I think the biggest advantage for us heading into this series is we are 100% healthy while the Kings are without 2 of their better D in Muzzin and Forbort. Obviously they have a massive advantage in playoff experience as a group and that really shouldn't be understated at all. It's one of the main reasons I don't think we are a legit Cup contender. Pretty much every team that wins the Cup has a core that has won series together before the year they finally break through.

I think Reaves needs to not play. Carpy deserves to be in. Gotta contain Carter. He's the Kings X-factor. When he gets hot it seems like everything he shoots goes in. Gonna need to use our speed and counter attack game to score goals in bunches. If it's a low scoring series with 2-1 games the Kings are going to be on the winning end.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at putting together a sort of fan vs fan perspective writeup for our work in progress articles section:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/articles/

Is anyone here interested in writing a 3 paragraph-ish post for us about what you think of the match up, who will win, players to watch, or whatever is on your mind? It can even be a post you were gonna write anyway.

You get trophy points when you contribute an article if that floats your boat :P

Thanks,
I'd write up something, how does one go about submitting an article?

Reactions: SniperHF

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'd write up something, how does one go about submitting an article?

We don't have an official way to submit them yet. For now I'm compiling them.
You can either send it to me via conversation or post it in here and @ me.

Thanks,

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
According to Kings fans, it's the Golden Knight fans that are insufferable and terrible. Huh? Although, to be fair, that could only be a loud few of them making the claim.

Worried about this series, I think it goes 6 or 7 either way and probably swings on one or two bounces.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
A lot of bandwagon fans, especially from teams that now can work on their golf scores, should be joining in. Don't forget to post forum url on Twitter when talking to other fans.

Reactions: SniperHF

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
This was the playoff matchup the Kings were hoping for (Kings v Knights). Well, have it, then.

GknightgarageCERT.gif

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
Speed is the key to success. Don't let the Kings play that slow-paced full of hitting kind of hockey. Their leaders are rather old so it's necessary to exhaust them with speedy style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->