Series Talk: Round 1 Discussion - Lightning at Panthers (4-1 Panthers Win)

What's your confidence level going into round 1?

• Game 4 vs the Canes

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Game 5 vs Vegas

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Special teams will decide this series like before

Hopefully our PP gets back on track...

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Special teams will decide this series like before

Hopefully our PP gets back on track...
PP needs to be better than it has been lately.
Tampa, however, isn't as good as it used to be. They need Vasilevski in a godmode. Otherwise Panthers will win in five games.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I also just wanna say how much I hate the starting time of game 1.

9:30 is way too early. Gonna f*** with my sleeping schedule smh.

Reactions: Vilam

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Don't worry. I couldn't care less what a guy who put his balls into a blender thinks.

However, the Cats will win this series in five games. The Dolts' best days with their current core are behind them and it'll show on 5vs5. And their bottom6 is like three tiers below that of the Cats. But since the Panthers' m.o. is to take plenty of penalties, they'll keep it close by scoring on the PP against the Panthers.

I expect a fun series but not a challenging nail-biter.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
The start time sucks. I don't mind early games but at the same time 12:30 on a Sunday is like the NHL forgot about this matchup.

We would be on ESPN the OCHO I bet if they carried round 1.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
The start time sucks. I don't mind early games but at the same time 12:30 on a Sunday is like the NHL forgot about this matchup.

We would be on ESPN the OCHO I bet if they carried round 1.
NBA Playoffs start that night, this or we wouldnt play on Sunday probably, at least its the only weirdo time slot announced for the series, we should be primetime, opposite the Leafs Boston series IMO

Reactions: ShootIt

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
prob gonna miss the game due to studying, usually when i dont watch we win, i turned off game 7 vs boston after that rebound off bob went to the moon and back on pastas stick and it went to 3-2

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
So I guess we will find out if we will actually flip the switch and the last month or so was all about preservation. I’ll be very interested to see how much intensity we bring out of the gate.

Reactions: MaWa, KW and Ghoste

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Don't worry. I couldn't care less what a guy who put his balls into a blender thinks.

However, the Cats will win this series in five games. The Dolts' best days with their current core are behind them and it'll show on 5vs5. And their bottom6 is like three tiers below that of the Cats. But since the Panthers' m.o. is to take plenty of penalties, they'll keep it close by scoring on the PP against the Panthers.

I expect a fun series but not a challenging nail-biter.

Well, you were right about Huberdeau, so I hope you're right about this!

My hockey pool is relying on you!

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
NBA Playoffs start that night, this or we wouldnt play on Sunday probably, at least its the only weirdo time slot announced for the series, we should be primetime, opposite the Leafs Boston series IMO

not a fan of the Saturday 5pm slot either, two weirdo times for us...

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Once they saw its two Florida teams in the same series, the schedule was set like this. 1st round always is crappy TV times for us

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

The projected lineup for game1.

PoMo is really one of us

5b479f06d57b0a2a.png

Yes, he is.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
If the Panthers have their foot on the gas pedal like they did for most of last playoffs this series should be over fairly quickly.

Tampa struggled almost all season and it wasn't just because Vasy missed the first two months. Their defense is simply not what it use to be. They are top heavy, yes, which can get them high scoring victories but the depth is not there anymore.

They had a nice run in March that helped propel them out of a closer call with the playoffs but if the Panthers bring it in round one I think they're in great shape to move on.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Tampa struggled almost all season and it wasn't just because Vasy missed the first two months. Their defense is simply not what it use to be. They are top heavy, yes, which can get them high scoring victories but the depth is not there anymore.

With Hedman not being that do-it-all top5 dman anymore and Sergachev out of the remainder of the season, they have to rely on dmen who are asked to play above their abilities. I'd be extremely surprised if the Dolts drag this one into game 7, let alone win the series altogether. Even though Kuch has been scoring a ton, their group just isn't as intimidating as it was two, three years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad