Series Talk: Round 1 Discussion - Lightning at Panthers (4-1 Panthers Win)

What's your confidence level going into round 1?

• Game 4 vs the Canes

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Game 5 vs Vegas

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Is someone making a high effort GDT? Will Florida do worse than 1 for 31 on the powerplay, because it looks like it? How will going down 1-0 in the series because it's an ungodly afternoon game go? Will Florida continue to look like the team that dominated for 60 games and the last 5 games of the year? Will we crowdfund @Gizmo Tkachuk to do edibles at theme parks around the world if it brings victory?

In all seriousness the Panthers are far better 5 v 5 than Tampa. They won't score on the powerplay but the big question is can they do enough to stop the lethal Lightning powerplay. Panthers PK has been solid all year but it's a tough ask. Keep it 5 v 5 and they should be ok. Also depends on what Vasi shows up he's been lowkey ass all year, if it weren't for the 50 save game he'd be well under .900% on the year.

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
Can’t let Tampa farm is on the PP. I’m feeling confident the time they beat is 5-3 this year was a bizarre unreal performance from Vasy.

BUT

He’s just that good he could easily do it to us 4 times in a row.

So maybe not so confident.

Reactions: teugen

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
This is not the Tampa Bay of their past SC days. They have a big dropoff in quality depth wise. Kucherov, Hedman, Stamkos, Point are still scary. But Vasy is weaker as before as are their depth players and I don't believe their experience can compensate for that. That's why I like our odds and we should actually even be better than last year.

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Remember this:

"Hey Folks,

As we draw closer to the playoffs, wanted to clarify how the GDT's are used in the playoff forums. Please read the following below to get a better clarification on the GDT's for the playoffs.....

We will be using the Home Team GDT for the main forum. If there is no GDT posted in the local team forum by 12pm ET or 3 hours before puck drop, whichever is first, we will use the Away Team GDT or the mod/admin team will create a neutral one for the main playoff forum.

Have fun with this, be creative, show off your skills, and make an effort. Just ask to keep it civil and within the rule guidelines. As per low effort GDT's , like one-line "Hey, there's a game tonight" may not be used at the mod/admins discretion and will either use the Away Team GDT or create a neutral one.

Thanks!"

So if anyone wants to signup to do special GDTs here is your chance to shine.

Please let myself or @Egblad know.

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
This is not the Tampa Bay of their past SC days. They have a big dropoff in quality depth wise. Kucherov, Hedman, Stamkos, Point are still scary. But Vasy is weaker as before as are their depth players and I don't believe their experience can compensate for that. That's why I like our odds and we should actually even be better than last year.
Agreed. We need to hit their top guys (Stamkos, Kuch, Point…) every time they touch the puck & wear them down / frustrate them.

Reactions: 5 Hole and Chaos2k7

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
We're a much different team than the last time we met in the playoffs and so are they.

I think honestly the specialty teams may end up being a wash since our pp sucks anyways, doesn't really matter how good their pk is. Our pk is pretty good, so that should help against their pp hopefully. We've shown we are better than them 5v5. A lot will also come down to Vasi vs. Bob. Vasi's been up and down and Bob's been good this season, so hopefully we get an edge there.

We should come out on top and I'm feeling confident going into the series, but ya never know and they're proven winners. Have to respect the history there and Kucherov's been a monster.

Reactions: VIMMM

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
one thing that makes me feel better about this matchup is were better defensively, unless this march playing continues.

Both times we faced them in the playoffs we were offensive teams and most of that disappears in the playoffs. TB isnt that deep now and theyre still missing Sergachev.

Vasi and Bob can both win games on their own.

It just really depends if we were actually sandbagging/resting the past month and a half, or the team kinda fell apart and is slowly getting back to form. A few times now weve flipped a switch and played better defensively and offensively, but i havent seen us do that for a full game for a while now.

I also really hope Monty and Ekblad can get their shots back, i get glimpses here and there but both due to their injuries just havent gotten back to it fully yet. Montour saved us against boston, and Ekky has a killer shot if he can get that back too. Scoring from our defense has been eh all year so i hope that turns around, would be a big x-factor. Hope Benny can turn it up too, he had a good series vs Boston then kinda disappeared scoring wise.

Will be nice to see how Tank does too, very nice move to add another 20 goal scorer to the roster. Hes on a better scoring pace with us than he was with the rangers. He had 3 goals in a 7 game series vs NJ.
I think Chucky is primed for a huge series
i hope hes been saving himself for this and is mostly healed up, hopefully the hunger/revenge from last year gets them all going even more.

Last edited:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Sunday 12:30pm is a bad time for the game. Some folks are gonna have to reschedule their churchgoing for this. Blergh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad