Series Discussion: Round 1 (Caps vs Flyers) 2016 Playoffs (times and dates included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
If we lose game 6, it will officially ring hollow to say we are outplaying them. It already is to me, after 5 games. At some point, wins and losses are all that matter. We are there already.

Outplaying them, we are the better team.... it's like we are assuring ourselves that all is well. Remain calm.

I would love to see something tactical done by Barry. Change the way he matches up lines. Power vs Power is great, but it's predictable. And I am not sure its winning this series for us thus far. Try something when we are home with last change for game 7. Look at the stats and look for something to exploit.

Hakstol has the edge in coaching thus far, turning to Neuvy and changing up his PK. It's time for Barry's rebuttal. Oh wait, we are the best team in the league, we don't have to re-butt.

Last edited:

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Caps won't lose tomorrow. Book it. Neuvirth is not Halak. He had a great game. But he has head issues just like the Caps do, so I expect a softie or 2, tomorrow am.

In the end, this "strife" is good for them. Make them sweat, and think "is it happening again?!?" And then slam the door, and it doesn't.

Bring on the Pens, they are the best team going. Gotta beat the best to win it all.

Win tomorrow. Host Pitt mid week.

Done and done.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I am not sure how anyone can have any expectation about this coming game. Its all based on hope or doom, depending on your opinion.

It would be great if Neuvirth gagged on this coming game. I fully expect there to be a game tomorrow at noon and beyond that I have not idea. I will be surprised by nothing.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Caps won't lose tomorrow. Book it. Neuvirth is not Halak. He had a great game. But he has head issues just like the Caps do, so I expect a softie or 2, tomorrow am.

In the end, this "strife" is good for them. Make them sweat, and think "is it happening again?!?" And then slam the door, and it doesn't.

Bring on the Pens, they are the best team going. Gotta beat the best to win it all.

Win tomorrow. Host Pitt mid week.

Done and done.

:yo::handclap:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Grubauer in then?

I don't think holts has been the problem, so no. It's our ES offense. He should shake up his lines, or something else. You know, actually coaching. As Haks has changed up the PK, we should counter what we do on the PP.

You heard it here first. Neuvy calls out sick for game 6. Or maybe game 7 #NervesNSquirts

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
If we lose game 6, it will officially ring hollow to say we are outplaying them. It already is to me, after 5 games. At some point, wins and losses are all that matter. We are there already.

Outplaying them, we are the better team.... it's like we are assuring ourselves that all is well. Remain calm.

I would love to see something tactical done by Barry. Change the way he matches up lines. Power vs Power is great, but it's predictable. And I am not sure its winning this series for us thus far. Try something when we are home with last change for game 7. Look at the stats and look for something to exploit.

Hakstol has the edge in coaching thus far, turning to Neuvy and changing up his PK. It's time for Barry's rebuttal. Oh wait, we are the best team in the league, we don't have to re-butt.

Agreed.

Playing well, doing the right things, etc... I don't care. That's what you look for in minor league players and teams.

All that matters right now is wins and losses.... and Caps need to do whatever is necessary to get the next win. They're at strike one already... Strike two will be tomorrow afternoon unless they close this out.

Caps need to be coming back home.... but coming home getting ready for the other PA team... not the Flyers in a game 7. No excuse for Caps not to win tomorrow. No excuse.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Sunday noon can't happen fast enough. I'm so pumped and fully expect lots of bias towards the Flyers by NBC. I expect Ovy will crush someone and hoping Williams redeems himself. I won't comment on Schenn.

Go Caps!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don't think holts has been the problem, so no. It's our ES offense. He should shake up his lines, or something else. You know, actually coaching. As Haks has changed up the PK, we should counter what we do on the PP.

You heard it here first. Neuvy calls out sick for game 6. Or maybe game 7 #NervesNSquirts

change for the sake of change? because its coaching you can see? I tend to agree that a change to the 2nd line is called for. but I wouldn't make massive changes.

what message do you think Trotz should be sending? we are in trouble and we need to shake it up. or....we need to play another one like the last one and we will win? confident in his team?

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

I don't know if I would go that far. Switching goalies was a no brainier and had to be done. Same with the pp. those were forced on him to make as they were down 3-0. Trotz is playing his best hand right now, the pp was clicking even if they didn't score, so what do you change? If you can change it up and it goes flat he will be killed for it. At some point your players need to just get it done.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
change for the sake of change? because its coaching you can see? I tend to agree that a change to the 2nd line is called for. but I wouldn't make massive changes.

what message do you think Trotz should be sending? we are in trouble and we need to shake it up. or....we need to play another one like the last one and we will win? confident in his team?
Agree, tinker a bit, but no major changes.

If they dominate play and SOG anything close like they did on Friday they should win w/high probability.

bWo*

I can't watch tomorrow cuz of a stupid night shift. To those of you that can watch it, Goodluck

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I can't watch tomorrow cuz of a stupid night shift. To those of you that can watch it, Goodluck

Game is at 12PM eastern. Night shift shouldn't impact that. If you're worried about sleep, that's what drugs* are for.

*caffeine is a drug ;)

bWo*

Game is at 12PM eastern. Night shift shouldn't impact that. If you're worried about sleep, that's what drugs* are for.

*caffeine is a drug ;)

The Caps are my high:laugh: also my low

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->