Roster Speculation '17-'18: Someone, Somewhere, In Summertime

Status
Not open for further replies.

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
I love how ones embrace the Tank for TOP5 pick in next draft and I wonder what flops will Sabres get this time.
And there are other ones who are dreaming that "Contender" dream every season. Come on guys, playing in Play-offs seems to be the ceiling for Buffalo Flops.
This organization is terrible from the bottom to the top and I really feel sorry for fans who are facing the truth. Stop dreaming, because this nightmare won't end that fast.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I love how ones embrace the Tank for TOP5 pick in next draft and I wonder what flops will Sabres get this time.
And there are other ones who are dreaming that "Contender" dream every season. Come on guys, playing in Play-offs seems to be the ceiling for Buffalo Flops.
This organization is terrible from the bottom to the top and I really feel sorry for fans who are facing the truth. Stop dreaming, because this nightmare won't end that fast.
So what exactly do you want us to do? At some point stockpiling top10 picks gets a return for franchises unless we are talking Edmonton. It does hurt that our scouting gurus continue missing in top picks seemingly...Girgs, Reinhart, Nylander, Grigorenko, Armia, Pysyk, etc, etc, etc. But I think Botts has changed staff quite a bit so I hope things get better. I get your point - it's hard to find another team with so many 1st round misses...

Last edited:

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I love how people pretend being pessimistic on here will actually accomplish anything. I'm as bitter as anyone about the teams progress (or lack thereof) the last two years, but there's no reason to go after people for being hopeful with their team. It's just about all we have left these days. :laugh:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Which teams should trade for Red Wings’ Petr Mrazek?

The Athletic’s Craig Custance reports (sub required) that teams are calling the Red Wings – though not “banging down the door” – regarding Mrazek, and Custance reasonably asserts that Detroit should play him a bit more to try to raise his standing.

If you consider how much Mrazek’s reputation has slid, Custance’s opinion can really only be denied by a franchise that … is in complete denial?

Mrazek, 2012-13 to 2015-16, 94 games played (via NHL.com): 46-30-8, nine shutouts, .920 save percentage.

Mrazek,
2016-17 and 2017-18, 60 games played (also via NHL.com): 20-25-10, two shutouts, .899 save percentage.

Quite a disparity between Good/Early Mrazek and Bad/Recent Mrazek, eh?

Pass

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I don't believe that Mrazek would be a better starting goalie for the Sabres than Lehner would be moving forward.

I think too many people believe that any goalie would be better than Lehner and that simply isn't the case.
It's not a goalie for the sake of getting a goalie. I think Mrazek would do well and is better than Lehner. I think Mrazek is one of the best young goalies who's available with Grubauer.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
It's not a goalie for the sake of getting a goalie. I think Mrazek would do well and is better than Lehner. I think Mrazek is one of the best young goalies who's available with Grubauer.

If we want to change goalies at the NHL level... we should be signing Dell in the offseason

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
To those looking for a new goalie, what are your thoughts on Jon Gillies? He's a year younger than Ullmark and is still waivers exempt next year, so he could take over the Amerks' net when Ullmark moves up, and is putting up great numbers in Stockton this year.

The Flames have Tyler Parsons overshadowing him in their pipeline and David Rittich hasn't been bad backing up Mike Smith, so he may be expendable. Maybe Gillies could be worked into a Kane trade with one of their promising defensive prospects.

I don't know a whole lot about him, but it's an intriguing idea.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Botterill is on the radio with Bulldog right now. Expect to see Rochester kids get callups in the 2nd half of the season.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
So what exactly do you want us to do? At some point stockpiling top10 picks gets a return for franchises unless we are talking Edmonton. It does hurt that our scouting gurus continue missing in top picks seemingly...Girgs, Reinhart, Nylander, Grigorenko, Armia, Pysyk, etc, etc, etc. But I think Botts has changed staff quite a bit so I hope things get better. I get your point - it's hard to find another team with so many 1st round misses...

Is this intentional? Or is this the least self aware post ever?

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
I wonder if Nylander gets a look if he continues to produce at the pace he's currently at (13GP: 2G 4A). I do expect his numbers to at least rise from the .46ppg he's at right now to at least the .55 - .65 range once he gets more comfortable after missing a lot of time + getting more chemistry with teammates

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I wonder if Nylander gets a look if he continues to produce at the pace he's currently at (13GP: 2G 4A). I do expect his numbers to at least rise from the .46ppg he's at right now to at least the .55 - .65 range once he gets more comfortable after missing a lot of time + getting more chemistry with teammates

I wouldn't be against putting him on Eichel's wing for a few games and seeing if there's any magic. I don't really think Nylander deserves to but I'd try it anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad