Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
GuiG said:
Where is Guillaume Latendresse?[/QUOTE

Latendresse is a 1987 born forward and 'technically' isn't eligible for this tourney in April, unless you are talking about his brother? Arguably Guillaume could be good enough, but he won't be named, but should be a lock for the summer tourney of 87's or next April. I also believe he's injured right now and not playing in the Q playoffs for Drummondville.

Several more teams were eliminated from the OHL and Q playoffs tonight and therefore more players have become available. Look for the likes of Adam Berti, Dan LaCosta, Olivier Latendresse and Alex Bourret to be given consideration.

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
HabLover said:
GuiG said:
Where is Guillaume Latendresse?[/QUOTE

Latendresse is a 1987 born forward and 'technically' isn't eligible for this tourney in April, unless you are talking about his brother? Arguably Guillaume could be good enough, but he won't be named, but should be a lock for the summer tourney of 87's or next April. I also believe he's injured right now and not playing in the Q playoffs for Drummondville.

Several more teams were eliminated from the OHL and Q playoffs tonight and therefore more players have become available. Look for the likes of Adam Berti, Dan LaCosta, Olivier Latendresse and Alex Bourret to be given consideration.

Guillaume Latendresse would have been a lock for the U18 team if he had not been injuried. Just two games before the playoffs began, he suffered a severe shoulder injury. He will need all summer to recover. As he likes to hit opponents, that is very bad for him. We will have to see how he will recover.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
I know for a fact that Adam Berti (Oshawa) has been named to the team. (he was unavailable for the other U-18 team because of injury)

The first selections (they usually add players after the second round of playoffs if i'm not mistaken) should be made public soon.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
willie said:
I know for a fact that Adam Berti (Oshawa) has been named to the team. (he was unavailable for the other U-18 team because of injury)

The first selections (they usually add players after the second round of playoffs if i'm not mistaken) should be made public soon.

The team will be named tomorrow(Thursday) and will leave for Belarus on Friday I believe.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
willie said:

I can say (F) Eric Hunter and (G) Justin Pogge from the Prince George Cougars have been named to the U18 Canadian squad. The entire roster should be named sometime today.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
http://www.canadianhockey.ca/e/news/2004/nr032.html

Roster has been released

Roster/Alignement
Player S/C Ht. Wt. Birthdate Hometown 2003-04 Team

Goaltenders
Dubnyk, Devan L/G 6'5 187 05/04/86 Calgary, AB Kamloops (WHL)
Pogge, Justin L/G 6'3 183 04/22/86 Penticton, BC Prince George (WHL)

Defence/Défense
Funk, Michael L/G 6'3 189 08/15/86 Abbotsford, BC Portland (WHL)
O’Neill, Wes L/G 6'3 214 03/03/86 Essex, ON Notre Dame (NCAA)
Rogers, Andy L/G 6'4 203 08/25/86 Calgary, AB Calgary (WHL)
Schultz, Jeff L/G 6'5.5 206 02/25/86 Calgary, AB Calgary (WHL)
Schulz, David R/D 6'3.5 206 01/03/86 Winkler, MB Swift Current (WHL)
Sigalet, Jonathan L/G 6'0 178 02/12/86 Cloverdale, BC Bowling Green (NCAA)
Wharton, Kyle L/G 6'2.5 185 03/03/86 Stittsville, ON Ottawa (OHL)

Forwards/Avants
Berti, Adam L/G 6'2 188 07/01/86 Oshawa, ON Oshawa (OHL)
Byers, Dane L/G 6'2 184 02/21/86 Nipawin, SK Prince Albert (WHL)
Cabana, Frederik L/G 5'11 183 05/16/86 Fleurimont, QC Halifax (LHJMQ)
Chipchura, Kyle L/G 6'1 202 02/19/86 Vimy, AB Prince Albert (WHL)
Gagnon, Aaron R/D 5'10 185 04/24/86 Armstrong, BC Seattle (WHL)
Garlock, Ryan L/G 6'1 202 04/24/86 Iroquois Falls, ON Windsor (OHL)
Hunter, Eric L/G 6'0 187 08/11/86 Oakbank, MB Prince George (WHL)
Lammers, John L/G 5'10 185 01/29/86 Langley, BC Lethbridge (WHL)
McGrath, Evan L/G 6'0 184 01/14/86 Oakville, ON Kitchener (OHL)
Reddox, Liam L/G 5'9.5 177 01/27/86 Whitby, ON Peterborough (OHL)
Rizk, Jean-Michel R/D 5'11 193 03/24/86 New Liskeard, ON Saginaw (OHL)
Tsimikalis, Peter L/G 5'11 185 01/10/86 Aurora, ON Ottawa (OHL)
Versteeg, Kris R/D 5'9.5 159 06/13/86 Lethbridge, AB Lethbridge (WHL)

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Predatore said:
that's some huge defensemen there..

Yeah, can you imagine the starting line-up of......

Dubnyk - 6'5

Rogers - 6'4
Schultz - 6'5

Chipchura - 6'1
Berti - 6'2
Byers - 6'2

and you only have one D-man under 6'2.....whoa!

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Brule can fit in easily here

monster_bertuzzi said:
Brule is better than 75% of those guys :shakehead

Too bad we won't see him in this tourney because his team the Vancouver Giants have at least one more playoff round to play. I would rank him right up there with the forwards on this squad. In fact he might be the best offensive forward in that group other than Crosbey who will not be returning.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
paul99 said:
Guillaume Latendresse would have been a lock for the U18 team if he had not been injuried. Just two games before the playoffs began, he suffered a severe shoulder injury. He will need all summer to recover. As he likes to hit opponents, that is very bad for him. We will have to see how he will recover.

He probably would have been a big part of Drummondvilles first round against Shawinigan. I woud have liked their chances with him in the line-up so maybe he would not have been available anyway if Drummondville survived the first round.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
HabLover said:
Gilbert Brule and the Vancouver Giants have advanced to the 2nd round of the WHL playoffs and therefore, he will not in any way, shape or form be invited to play at this U18 tourney in Belarus.

Brule could very well be better than most players selected for Canada at this tourney, but he is a 1987 born and will get his chance this summer with the rest of the other 1987 born players(minus Crosby) at the U18 World Cup in August. Now that team, even without Crosby, could be good!

Sid not eligible?

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Piggy2 said:
The tournament's in April though. What's happened to Maunu's stock? Not named to the Top Prospects Game and now not to the U-18 team? I'm puzzled. :dunno:

You could say the same for Wacey Rabbit out of Saskatoon, who had a horrible year with the Blades. The kid looked dynamite as a 16 yr old.

I also thought Olivier Latendresse would get an invite, but I guess he could be injured too?? Maybe Maunu is hurt as well??

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Crosbyfan said:
I'm thinking they'll be over by August. :banana:

The upcoming tourney in August is different than this one starting April 8. Yes, Crosby will be eligible for the tourney in August, but now that he has played with the U20 team at the World Juniors, the chance of him playing in another U18 tournament is slim to none. The World Junior Team also holds a development camp in August, around the same time as the U18 World Cup, and Crosby is required to attend that camp as a returning player. Crosby's last chance would be at the IIHF U18 World Championships next year in 2005 around this time. In order for that to happen Rimouski would have to miss the playoffs next year or lose in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->