Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part I: Summer Wind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
So yeah, just for ***** and gigs:

Conspiracy theory time: Sakic is driving up the price so much on Duchene because he's waiting for Gorton to add a sweetener on a MacKinnon trade that's in the works. :sarcasm:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So yeah, just for ***** and gigs:

Conspiracy theory time: Sakic is driving up the price so much on Duchene because he's waiting for Gorton to add a sweetener on a MacKinnon trade that's in the works. :sarcasm:

MacKinnon is the only player who may be available that I would give Skjei for.

But yeah. Center ASAP please.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
For ****sngiggles, and while I don't want to trade Skjei or MZA, would you do both, a defense prospect, a 2nd and a 1st in 2019 for MacKinnon, an AHL F and a 4th in 2018... not saying I would or wouldn't, would YOU? Not Sakic, would YOU?

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Cant figure out how i feel. I want a top 6 center, but dont want to give up anything crucial because i truly like what we have. Part of me wants Lias in the lineup next year, part of me tells me thats dumb and hes better served in frolunda for another year.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
We're FINE. I'd much rather have a great goalie, stacked at D and W, and weak at C than have a good goalie, stacked at C and nothing else.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com

When people tell me Matt Duchen sucks or he's overrated I just laugh. He plays on a **** team with a **** GM. His talent is so wasted in Denver. Put him on this team and he'd pot 30 easy!

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Haven't posted in a while. This idea to trade Skjei for Duschene is just doofy. Right out of the Esposito GM playbook. Let's trade a guy who hit nearly 40 points, elevates his game in the playoffs, and is on an ELC for one more year, a bridge deal for two, and maybe a big contract after for a guy who is two years away from UFA and had a bad year. That would be Ridley/Miller for Carpenter bad. Not to mention if the Rangers decide not to pay McD in two years, then Brady is pretty much guaranteed to be first pair. And just cause all of these new DMen look cool and sexy, they don't know what they have with Pionk/Bereglazov or even Deangelo/Zbo/Graves/Day. What if most of these guys top out as 3rd pair, or the two older guys are closer to Gilroy than Krug.

I hate hate hate the "You have to give to get" saying. It's got this franchise in trouble on many occasions.

Matt Cullen coming back to NY? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::handclap:

The guy HATED it here and couldn't wait to leave. There's a better chance of Lauri "I'm not playing in NY because they pay Prucha more than me" Korpikoski who was always treated as the stepchild prospect compared to Dubi/Cally/Arty/Dawes being invited to camp and winning a spot.

Poor Ryan Graves, all he does is work hard and improve and because he's not the new toy, everyone is ready to Aaron Miler him for some win now vet.

Zuc: Guy might play till he's 40. As the team gets more shooters, it'll be good to have him as a setup man because let's be honest, he doesn't shoot. Him and Gropp would be an interesting combo to experiment with in camp.

Nash: It's not so much about getting rid of his cap hit, but changing the dynamic of the team. There still aren't enough rats or people to stir it up or light a fire. Larry Brooks mentioned type As. I agree. Out of the new guys they brought in? Maybe Deharnais takes on a leadership role, DeAngelo is still very young and won't have much say initially in the team dynamic. McD is quiet, and Mika is pretty mellow. Nash retained for a vet with one year left and a prospect. Continue the makeover.

Gorton's a much better poker player than Sather. He's cerebral and is waiting for the right opportunity to strike. As teams continue to fill up and lose cap space, he'll bring in a center for a moderate price (I'm speculating Kovacs might be one of the prospects on the way out after his legal trouble in Sweden) It'll be when we least expect it and a name out of left field.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I don't see how trading Hayes to MAYBE get Duchene fixes any issues

I don't follow... why would we maybe get Duchene if we trade Hayes?

We know Sakic allegedly wants a young (ELC/Restricted) top 4 LHD, a mid-tier prospect and pick. It's apparent he's not getting that.

Hayes, Graves/Day and a 1st. A young NHL mid6-top6 center, a mid-tier prospect and pick.... Close enough? I'd honestly would give them Graves and Day if needed.

He's at the point of no return IMO. He has to be moved.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Random NHL Q

Someone at work today brought up the idea that OV could be frustrated and want out. But with Oshie resigning I don't think so. I also don't see him forcing a trade anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->