Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXVI:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Would be really nice to se Tkachyov come over for camp. He was supposed to come to development camp but obviously the visa stuff got in the way. Really talented player, and a RH shot to boot.

Want nothing to do with Pouliot. The team has plenty of wingers. Remember how dumb this team was for not giving him that huge deal? :sarcasm:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Great news that Pouliot is hitting the market. You can never have too much speed on the wings. Hopefully they reach out to him.

Pouliot should be thanking Brassard and Zuccarello every day for the contract he got. The Rangers hopefully have no interest in bringing him back. What is the fanbase's obsession with retreads?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The Staal comparison was more about style of play than athleticism. Can't think of anyone else close

Ok, I would throw out guys like Afinegenov or Hagelin or Hoffman and the likes. Small Russian speedster who loves to dangle.

Dadonov might be better right now, but I definitely think that you are right that Tkachev is better for he future. I wouldn't mind giving him a shot at a top 9 center role. Think people would be surprised how smart and slick he is. Great hands. RHS.

It seems like Tkachev wants to be guaranteed a NHL spot though, because we would surely want to sign him. Maybe we are prepared to give it to him?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Ok, I would throw out guys like Afinegenov or Hagelin or Hoffman and the likes. Small Russian speedster who loves to dangle.

Dadonov might be better right now, but I definitely think that you are right that Tkachev is better for he future. I wouldn't mind giving him a shot at a top 9 center role. Think people would be surprised how smart and slick he is. Great hands. RHS.

It seems like Tkachev wants to be guaranteed a NHL spot though, because we would surely want to sign him. Maybe we are prepared to give it to him?

We need a top 9 center anyways. Might as well give the kid a shot if he wants to play

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Isn't Tkachev a winger? I'd love to have him, but there's quite a logjam ahead of him, unless of course the Rangers trade a guy like Nash.

I'd rather sign a center with some defensive acumen if Hayes and that center are going to be 2A and 2B and Zibanejad the top line guy. It's why I'd prefer a guy like Hanzal who's a good two way center that can slide up and down the lineup as needed due to injury. Hanzal would help to replace a lot of what was lost with Stepan's departure. Defensive zone play, penalty killing, and he's excellent on faceoffs. He's a prototypical shut down center that can chip in 30-40 points if healthy.

A player like Thornton or Dadanov would be nice, but they bring a lot of the same things that Hayes does. I want centers with varying skill sets. It's why I really do think that Lias Andersson has a real shot to make the team as a 19 year old. Solid, two-way play with some defensive acumen.

Side note: I'd totally be down for a Captain Taco reunion for a year until a younger winger is ready if another winger is traded.

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
Isn't Tkachev a winger? I'd love to have him, but there's quite a logjam ahead of him, unless of course the Rangers trade a guy like Nash.

I'd rather sign a center with some defensive acumen if Hayes and that center are going to be 2A and 2B and Zibanejad the top line guy. It's why I'd prefer a guy like Hanzal who's a good two way center that can slide up and down the lineup as needed due to injury. Hanzal would help to replace a lot of what was lost with Stepan's departure. Defensive zone play, penalty killing, and he's excellent on faceoffs. He's a prototypical shut down center that can chip in 30-40 points if healthy.

A player like Thornton or Dadanov would be nice, but they bring a lot of the same things that Hayes does. I want centers with varying skill sets. It's why I really do think that Lias Andersson has a real shot to make the team as a 19 year old. Solid, two-way play with some defensive acumen.

Side note: I'd totally be down for a Captain Taco reunion for a year until a younger winger is ready if another winger is traded.

Dadonov is also a winger.

If we signed Tkachyov we could move Nash freely for a center, say RNH.
Nash is a perfect fit for Edmonton, as they just moved a winger (Eberle) for a center (strome). His deal ends this year, so he won't effect McDavid. Perfect.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Dadonov is also a winger.

If we signed Tkachyov we could move Nash freely for a center, say RNH.
Nash is a perfect fit for Edmonton, as they just moved a winger (Eberle) for a center (strome). His deal ends this year, so he won't effect McDavid. Perfect.

Nash will veto any deal to Canada

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I think there's a deal to be made with Nashville. They're going to look to get back to the final after losing this year. They lost Neal in expansion. They need to acquire at least two top 6 forwards to have a more well rounded squad. Forsberg, Arvidsson, and Johansen can't do it alone.

Would Nashville cough up a prospect like Kamanev and another pick for Nash?

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
Pouliot spent 3 years in EDM. Wow, time flies! I'm only 33 but every year just goes by quicker.

/get off my lawn!

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Nash will veto any deal to Canada

that was last year when every canadien team was downright awful. He has to re-submit a list every year for his NTC stipulations. I would bet that EDM is on there. Who wouldn't want to play with McDavid?

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Bringing back Pouliot and going with Pouliot-Hayes-Zuke would be an amazing way to "shelter" Hayes without actually sheltering his usage.

I'm so here for that line, please make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->