Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXV: July 1st Is Coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He absolutely is. Trocheck multiple 50+ point seasons on a worse team and has proven that he can play center full time. Miller does not deserve that deal yet.

Yes on a worse team, which allows him to get more playing time especially with the slew of injuries they've had recently. JT also wasn't usurping Stepan, Brassard, and Mika who have always been centers either. I'm not even knocking Trocheck because I think he's a damn good player, but Miller gets less playing time than him and only has 8 less points than him over these past two years. Just looking at rates, Miller has 1.91 P/60 to Trocheck's 1.87 these past two years. It's not outrageous to think that JT would have as many points as him with equivalent ice time.

This basically boils down to two things for me: 1) trading McDonagh is silly, 2) I'd want a better player than Trocheck coming back as the main piece of a deal.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
If it's 1 for 1 it is, but Trocheck is one of the best centers that the Rangers can get using McDonagh. Paying over 7m to McDonagh into his 30s on a rebuilding Rangers team would be one of the worst contracts of all time.
If Adam Larson gets you Taylor Hall, then Ryan McDonagh gets you almost any forward in the league.

You are vastly overrating Vincent Trochek.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
If Adam Larson gets you Taylor Hall, then Ryan McDonagh gets you almost any forward in the league.

You are vastly overrating Vincent Trochek.

While some of this is true the Larson for Hall logic that's constantly repeated makes no sense. One terrible trade does not set the market for every other trade every made.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
While we're on the subject, what would everyone like to see if the Rangers traded McDonagh?

Nothing out there realistically that would suffice in return. its obvious sakic is not trading mackinnon. If they got someone who isn't an top 10 center then i would want first round picks for the next 2-3 years. unfortunately a team that would trade for Mcd would be a decent time that wouldn't return us a very high first round pick most likely.

But again if all of you really wanna rebuild send him to florida for trochek and 2 first round picks. Then proceed to trade grabner, nash, zucc and anyone else who won't be in their prime (or give you something very good in return) in 3-4 years when hopefully we would be able to legitimately make another run at the cup.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
While we're on the subject, what would everyone like to see if the Rangers traded McDonagh?

Depends. If for some unlikely reason we trade him for futures, then I'd want double what Hamonic got. So 2 1sts + 3-4 2nds. That won't happen. So likely two 1sts and a blue chip prospect or a 1st + 2 seconds and a blue chip prospect.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
If we can get Seguin for McD I'd cry in joy. I like McD but seguin

We'd probably have to add, I wouldn't mind shipping out one of our many wingers as a package deal around McD for Seguin. Don't think it will happen either but McD has one of the best contracts in the league, I think we could get something pretty major for him

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Nothing out there realistically that would suffice in return. its obvious sakic is not trading mackinnon. If they got someone who isn't an top 10 center then i would want first round picks for the next 2-3 years. unfortunately a team that would trade for Mcd would be a decent time that wouldn't return us a very high first round pick most likely.

But again if all of you really wanna rebuild send him to florida for trochek and 2 first round picks. Then proceed to trade grabner, nash, zucc and anyone else who won't be in their prime (or give you something very good in return) in 3-4 years when hopefully we would be able to legitimately make another run at the cup.

I'd want something significantly better than Trochek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->