Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXII: Draft Day in Chicago - My Kinda Town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
If it comes down to between NYR and VGK for Dallas to trade the #3 with, what do they want? More prospects or NHL players who can help them win now?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If it comes down to between NYR and VGK for Dallas to trade the #3 with, what do they want? More prospects or NHL players who can help them win now?

NHL players.

They're in win now mode.

I'd be tempted to dangle the Zuccarello carrot to Dallas, but if the need is there I'd be just as happy to do it next March if the Rangers are out of it.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Dodged the Oshie bullet. Now let's hope New Jersey offers Shattenkirik $8m a season

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Doubt it. He has a reputation for not performing in the playoffs(warranted or not). The only places i could see him waiving is to a contender.

How could he not?

He also has not had an elite center to play with any season in which he has made the playoffs.

Look at the past cup champions. All have elite number one centers. You can say what you want about Nash but he certainly has not had a premium caliber center dishing him the puck.

He would be deadly if he did.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
If I'm the Rangers I'm shopping Nash to Chicago. He's morphed into a two way player similar to Hossa in the last few years. Bring Arty back!

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I very much doubt EDM would do Mcdonagh for Draisitil... Mcdonagh's age is a reason why..

Also, IMO, if Edmonton gets Mcdonagh they would be playing in the Stanley cup final. he would help the team THAT much.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
How could he not?

He also has not had an elite center to play with any season in which he has made the playoffs.

Look at the past cup champions. All have elite number one centers. You can say what you want about Nash but he certainly has not had a premium caliber center dishing him the puck.

He would be deadly if he did.

Yes Nash sucked in the Playoffs when he got here, but the past two Playoff Runs hes performed outstanding... SO i guess it would be whether or not teams believe his recent work is more indicative of his true ability

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
If RB is right and this is the direction Gorton is going, why haven't we traded McDonagh to Dallas for Honka+#3 yet.

You can't just go full blown fire sale and trade your captain. You need some balance between building and veteran leadership. That and McDonagh is worth more than that IMO. Top 15D in the league, and now we finally can see him without an anchor tied around him.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
You can't just go full blown fire sale and trade your captain. You need some balance between building and veteran leadership. That and McDonagh is worth more than that IMO. Top 15D in the league, and now we finally can see him without an anchor tied around him.

with 2 years left on a great contract... which means the return would be massive for a rebuild. he's their BIGGEST asset if they're rebuilding.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
They aren't dismantling what we have, they're probably going to try stay competitive and infuse youth to fully take over in a few years.

I'm telling ya, Nash to Chicago makes too much sense. We retain a percentage and take some cap back. Anisimov preferably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad