Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXVIII: Down to the wire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Another point: why is everyone assuming these deals are all gentlemen's agreements? Maybe they have them all in writing, but the NHL is sitting on them until the expansion draft.

I don't know one way or another, but it certainly seems plausible to me.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
If the deal really is that Ducks are protecting both Vatanen and Manson, like NHL Numbers are "reporting" now, then i wonder what Vegas is getting, assuming it starts with 1st + Steel? Probably more?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If McPhee gets an offer from some team for two 1st round picks or something for Manson and he passes over it because he already had some significantly lesser deal in place with Anaheim, a divisional rival, to not select Manson, then he should be fired.

Then McPhee could've easily NOT make a deal with the Ducks, select Mason and just deal with the other teams.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Tony Montana said all I have in this world are my word and my balls and I don't break them for anybody.

McPhee makes a deal with Bob Murray. The Ducks leave certain players unprotected thinking they have a deal with McPhee but McPhee changes his mind. Who is ever going to trust McPhee? Nobody.

Actually, my post was in reference to your post regarding the Staal and ROR trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad