Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Hey guys is this a realistic proposal

Tanev and Baertschi to Edmonton for Puljujarvi and Caggulia

Is this loopsided or fair value

Or does Edmonton’s first replace JP
I'd pass, I'm not super high on Puljujarvi. And quite frankly I'm not too interested in trading Tanev for a winger.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I'd pass, I'm not super high on Puljujarvi. And quite frankly I'm not too interested in trading Tanev for a winger.
I’d do it I think Pulju’s tools are massive and he has an insanse amount of untapped potential. I think he develops into a Blake Wheeler type of player.

With Tanev’s injury history that’s a fantastic return for him.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Not sure where else this should go:

Is Philipp Grubauer the next 'darling' of the goaltender's union? -

A few quick thoughts from this:

Former Canucks: Ryan Miller is having a good season in Anaheim, Lu is an ageless wonder, Eddie Lack...ouch. Schneider below Markstrom??
Current Canucks: Markstrom is essentially a league average goalie, and probably not the problem at all with this team, as many have said. Nilsson however, has been bad. This matches with my eye test pretty closely.

Kuemper was an astute pick up by Arizona, as I've suspected for a while, and was an even better pick up in free agency by LA. To sign Nilsson for 4x this offseason with more term should be heavily scrutinized under normal circumstances.

Reactions: MS and tyhee

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Something around Domi for Virtanen + was thrown around here a few weeks ago. How would you guys feel about Virtanen + for Mantha? Sounds like he's in the dog house in Detroit after that blazing start.

Strong criticism hits home for Red Wings’ Anthony Mantha, Andreas Athanasiou

Could actually see JV being a great fit next to Larkin - that would be one of the fastest duos in the league, if not tops. And Mantha is actually a Bertuzzi-like player that may just take some time to "get it".

If management insists on this age-gap shit, and knowing Benning, they still do, I can't think of a better reasonable target than Mantha. He would be wicked next to Horvat. I'd add something significant to JV...would Detroit value Hutton? Mantha is an RFA.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I think we should be looking at dumping ballast instead of hockey trades at the moment, then assess what we need.

When we have openings to fill we can make a shopping list, but we have too many D+ players hiding what our roster needs are. Keep who is working, drop who isn't, call up those that earned it and then we make our moves.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Something around Domi for Virtanen + was thrown around here a few weeks ago. How would you guys feel about Virtanen + for Mantha? Sounds like he's in the dog house in Detroit after that blazing start.

Strong criticism hits home for Red Wings’ Anthony Mantha, Andreas Athanasiou

Could actually see JV being a great fit next to Larkin - that would be one of the fastest duos in the league, if not tops. And Mantha is actually a Bertuzzi-like player that may just take some time to "get it".

If management insists on this age-gap ****, and knowing Benning, they still do, I can't think of a better reasonable target than Mantha. He would be wicked next to Horvat. I'd add something significant to JV...would Detroit value Hutton? Mantha is an RFA.

Would do that in a heartbeat. Mantha will score 35 goals in this league eventually.

Reactions: timw33

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Would do that in a heartbeat. Mantha will score 35 goals in this league eventually.

Who wouldn't do that deal? Mantha could score 20 goals and it would still be a win.

I'm not a fan of Mantha's play style (never have been), but he's definitely the more skilled and polished young player when compared to JV.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
1) Sedins' = bugger off
2) Dowd = bugger off
3) Granlund = bugger off
4) Boucher = bugger off
5) Baertschi = trade for a 2nd
6) Hutton = trade for a bucket of chicken and a 4th or 5th
7) Motte = qualify + re-up
8) Virtanen = qualify+ re-up
9) Goldobin = trade for pick
10) Archibald = re-sign
11) Stecher = trade for pick or bugger off
12) Pouliot = qualify + re-up
13) Sign Evander Kane
14) Adam Gaudette - welcome to the biggs kid
15) Kole Lind = welcome to the biggs kid.

Pettersson + Dahlen + Juolevi = wait another year. Try and physically mature.

Kane-Horvat-Boeser
Leipsic-Gagner-Svechnikov
Eriksson-Sutter-Virtanen
Archibald-Gaudette-Lind

Edler-Tanev
Pouliot-Gudbranson
Hutton-???

Markstrom
Demko

.............Yikes, I have no idea what I'm doing. NM.

WestCoastExpress94

Mar 17, 2018
Petterssen Sedin Sedin
Leipsic Horvat Boeser
Erikson Gaudette Zadina
Gagner Sutter Archibald
Gaunce

Edler Tanev
Gudbranson MDZ
Stetcher x
Biega

Baertschi Granlund Hutton Pouliot moved in off-season for picks. Need to move MDZ Biega Edler at deadline, would open the door for Tanev deal aswell and Bowen Byram (2019 Draft) & Juolevi would step into lineup as defenseman.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Petterssen Sedin Sedin
Leipsic Horvat Boeser
Erikson Gaudette Zadina
Gagner Sutter Archibald
Gaunce

Edler Tanev
Gudbranson MDZ
Stetcher x
Biega

Baertschi Granlund Hutton Pouliot moved in off-season for picks. Need to move MDZ Biega Edler at deadline, would open the door for Tanev deal aswell and Bowen Byram (2019 Draft) & Juolevi would step into lineup as defenseman.

Horrific D. Won't ever win.

Reactions: timw33

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Hmmmm. Lets give it a try.

Dahlen - Horvat - Boeser
Baertschi - Sedin - Pettersson
Sedin - Gaudette - Eriksson
Leipsic - Sutter - Virtanen

Edler - Tanev
MDZ - Juolevi
Pouliot-Gudbranson

Markstrom

Perhaps we should split the sedins? Could work...

WestCoastExpress94

Mar 17, 2018
Horrific D. Won't ever win.
We aren't winning next year, but we should be aiming for 2019-2020, with MDZ, Edler, Pouliot, Hutton gone, our D should hopefully be based around Tanev, Gudbranson, Stetcher, Juolevi, and either a defenseman from this year draft like (Boqvist) or next year's (Bowen). Of Course we could obviously trade Tanev this offseason and expedite the rebuild, but Tanev should still be a very solid defenseman in his early 30s when I presume the Canucks will be ready to contend or at least be a playoff team(2019-2020). 1st Pick this year would really help but adding two top 5 picks in the next 2 drafts will help a ton

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Now that I have seen a finally healthy Hansen I am hopeful we bring him back. The right type of tweener and defensively sound to play with the kids. When you look at this years crop of UFAs it is horrid for the most part.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Pouliot, Dowd, Sutter, Nilsson, Gagner are bloody awful.

We are stuck with Sutter and Gagner but the other clowns better not be back next year.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
I really like Leipsic with Virtanen. They both have great speed and seem to be developing some chemistry.

I'd shoot for something like this by 2020.

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Dahlen-Pettersson-xxx1
Leipsic-Gaudette-Virtanen
xxx2-Lind-Gadjovich

Juolevi-xxx3
xxx4-Tryamkin?
xxx5-xxx6

Demko
xxx7

Players who could fill xxx's currently in the system

xxx1

Eriksson. He'll still be on the books and he is Swedish and defensively responsible. If they haven't been able to trade him I imagine they'd give him a look.

Svechnikov. If Canucks draft him this year he'd be an ideal linemate for Pettersson

A trade. If Canucks are able to get anyone of value for Sutter/Edler/Hutton/Markstrom/Tanev

xxx2

Palmu. He won rookie scoring in Liiga this year and already has chemistry with Gadjivich from Jr.

Gaunce. If he sticks around in the orginization, he's a big body, defensively sound, good on faceoffs, and his offence can only improve.

Motte. Could get things going in Utica and earn a spot to start 2020 in Vancouver.

xxx3

Tanev. Would still be young enough to be effective and under a good contract.

Dahlin. If the Canucks win the Lotto you can guarantee they'll draft Dahlin.

FA signing. I don't see Stecher or Pouliot ever playing up to top pairing potential so the Canucks hit the FA market.

xxx4

Edler. He will be older but may re-sign after his current deal and he should still be an effective top 4D.

Brisebois. Management seems high on him and by all accounts he's been playing well in Utica.

Hutton. Should rebound next season and hopefully rounds out to a solid top 4.

xxx5

Remainder of Edler/Hutton/Brisebois.

Pouliot. Young enough that he could still potentially be effective in a 3rd pairing role with PP time.

xxx6

Stecher. Will still be young and should bounce back offensively.

FA signing/Trade

xxx7

DiPietro. Will be pushing up from American League and would be a great backup behind Demko.

FA signing.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
One legit concern I have is that if the Canucks plan to bring up Demko next year (and all signs to seem to point to this), he's going to playing behind a porous defense. The Canucks really need to do something about their defense so that they can insulate Demko a lot more. The last thing you want to see is Demko getting lit up behind that brutal D and losing confidence.

Personally? I'd consider throwing money at John Carlson. Yes - the chances of him coming here are unlikely, but no harm in trying.

I doubt Baertschi + Hutton would land us a decent defenseman unfortunately. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Reactions: MAGICMAN1963
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->