Roster and Fantasy GM Thread: Pre-Draft Silly Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Ottawa is going to take gudbranson off our hands. I can feel it. They think they suck because they miss Methot and that gudbranson is the same. Hometown boy. It is too perfect.

He just needs to come back and play a couple okay games and we are good to go. Dorion to out Benning Benning for a second straight year.

Who can we get from them? Not that it matters much. Any pick or player under 23 would be terrific.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Hutton scratched. I can't help but wonder if Green was told to keep him out of the lineup because he's being traded.

/tinfoil hat

Reactions: geebaan

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
If Benning owns Doiron again this year I'm prepared to move him to 29th place in my GM power rankings

Benning has been owning a lot of GM's in the league.

-Bieksa for a 2nd. LOL!
-Hansen for Goldobin
-2nd for Baertschi.
-Shitcarrot for Granlund
-Lack for a 3rd and a 7th. LOL!
-Burrows for Dahlen. LOL!

Benning is as much of a dragon slayer as Burrows is as far as I'm concerned.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

-Bieksa for a 2nd. LOL!
-Hansen for Goldobin
-2nd for Baertschi.
-****carrot for Granlund

Umm one of those was good, two are ok value.

The Hanson trade is terrible.
Lack trade was also awful.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Umm one of those was good, two are ok value.

The Hanson trade is terrible.
Lack trade was also awful.

Lack trade was awful? You mean - the guy who has basically been smelling sphincters for the past two years? THAT GUY?!! really?

Lack's not an NHL goalie right now. Benning sold high on him and got draft picks. One of those picks (Brisebois) seems to be showing some promise down in the farm.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Lack trade was awful? You mean - the guy who has basically been smelling sphincters for the past two years? THAT GUY?!! really?

Lack's not an NHL goalie right now. Benning sold high on him and got draft picks. One of those picks (Brisebois) seems to be showing some promise down in the farm.

Yes I mean the goalie who got 1/2 the price of the next goalie who was moved at the time. It's not like we took a bit less, we took less than half. That is terrible. It is even worse no that WE KNOW a team was willing to pay a top 9 draft pick for our other goalie who didn't do much for us anyway.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

-Bieksa for a 2nd. LOL!
-Hansen for Goldobin
-2nd for Baertschi.
-****carrot for Granlund

Kesler, Garrison, Sutter, Forsling, Pedan, Vey, Gudbranson, Dorsett and Etem.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
maybe we see something like:

Gudbranson to MTL for a 2nd and their third string goalie

then Marky to Carolina for one of their young Ds (I'm not sure how desperate the are to replace Darling, let's just hope they're "we'll give you a premium D desperate")

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
maybe we see something like:

Gudbranson to MTL for a 2nd and their third string goalie

then Marky to Carolina for one of their young Ds (I'm not sure how desperate the are to replace Darling, let's just hope they're "we'll give you a premium D desperate")
Based on Jim's trade history and recent rumors, we aren't going to make a trade for a draft pick unless we can quickly flip it for a player.

Reactions: 2011 still hurts

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
Based on Jim's trade history and recent rumors, we aren't going to make a trade for a draft pick unless we can quickly flip it for a player.
Yeah ik, my post was just putting the "fantasy" in "fantasy GM thread".

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

-Bieksa for a 2nd. LOL!

Stupidly gave the 2nd away in another deal a couple weeks later so this means nothing.

-Hansen for Goldobin

Awful trade.

-2nd for Baertschi.

Win-Win trade. Calgary wouldn't undo it right now.

-****carrot for Granlund

Prospect for fungible bottom-6 forward. Woo?

Crap value, worked out OK when Lack had all kinds of concussion problems.

Great trade that was apparently laid in his lap by Ottawa.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
It's a shame that the Canucks were never able to acquire a quality puck moving top 4 RHD (Tyson Barrie, Kevin Shattenkirk, Sami Vatanen etc) when you have a player like Chris Tanev eating up some of the hardest deployment in the league, this type of player would be in an absolutely perfect position to recieve favorable deployment and an abundance of power play time. With the amount of picks/prospects thrown away in trades, the Canucks could have put together a quality package for this type of player. In the summer of 2016 I stressed that this was clearly the type of player the Canucks should be going after, instead they put together a package for Erik Gudbranson...

Theodore or Vatanen could have been targeted in the Kesler deal too, Bonino was Anaheim's 3rd leading scorer on an excellent contract so they easily could have gotten one of those defenders over him. Jim Benning is midway through his 4th season here and has yet to bring in a top 4 NHL defender.

Just look at the numbers of the defenders he's brought in this season, they're disgustingly bad.

Reactions: 2011 still hurts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad