Roster and Fantasy GM Thread: Pre-Draft Silly Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Pro tip: Teams don't usually move good prospects unless it's to acquire a good NHL player.

If a team is looking to move their 22/23 year old prospect for a draft pick it's usually because the prospect's development has stagnated and isn't looking like he's going to be an NHL player. Most of the time it isn't worth it.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Pro tip: Teams don't usually move good prospects unless it's to acquire a good NHL player.

If a team is looking to move their 22/23 year old prospect for a draft pick it's usually because the prospect's development has stagnated and isn't looking like he's going to be an NHL player. Most of the time it isn't worth it.

You mean Pouliot for a 4th rounder WASN'T a steal? :o :naughty:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

You essentially need to see something in that prospect that the team who has followed his development closely and often had direct control over didn’t see. Even on deep teams, good prospects typically force their way into the lineup.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Only fringe right shot Dman I would take a chance on right now is Bowey. If he can be bad via Gudbranson trade, that is.

Hopefully, Hutton sticks around until the offseason and earns a reprieve from the new GM. Then an eye can be turned to moving Del Zotto. Perhaps even Edler.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
For as bad as people want to trade Guddy,,just remember how bad the rest of the garbage that will b left playing defence.And our best one is injury riddled and brittle.All of this falls on Benning.We need to be looking at moving all of them not just point fingers at 1 and say he is the worst.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
For as bad as people want to trade Guddy,,just remember how bad the rest of the garbage that will b left playing defence.And our best one is injury riddled and brittle.All of this falls on Benning.We need to be looking at moving all of them not just point fingers at 1 and say he is the worst.
Biega easily replaces Gudbranson on the bottom pair. The issue is that, like Hutton of last year, Stecher has mightily struggled compared to his rookie year.

I don't think Hutton is a problem. He's going through some growing pains and is having confidence issues, but I think he still pans out as a solid top 4 puck moving defensemen. He definitely needs to work on his shot as his offensive zone IQ is good. He's also had some shit luck this year and hence, confidence issues (the scratches don't help at all).

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Only fringe right shot Dman I would take a chance on right now is Bowey. If he can be bad via Gudbranson trade, that is.

Hopefully, Hutton sticks around until the offseason and earns a reprieve from the new GM. Then an eye can be turned to moving Del Zotto. Perhaps even Edler.
For sure but I dont think Bowey is leaving Washington anytime soon.

Also I like del zotto in tbe right role hes just overplayed here. If tanev was healthy and edler was good anymore a sheltered del zotto should be a positive asset.

Shattered Dreams

Sep 30, 2017
While I agree that Guddy isn't the only problem, the need for the trade is not just moving out a bad defenceman. It is also to prevent the insanity of a 5 x $5 million albatross that acts as an anchor.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
While I agree that Guddy isn't the only problem, the need for the trade is not just moving out a bad defenceman. It is also to prevent the insanity of a 5 x $5 million albatross that acts as an anchor.
Well this team has a ton of anchors allready,,Eriksson being the worst of them all.But ya know Jimbo loves his anchors.So i would not be suprised one bit if they signed Guddy.

Reactions: Canadian Club

HockeyAnalystGenius

Jun 15, 2017
Pro-tip: Dimbo Jim is going to move his draft pics again this TLD. Play Dowd 100 minutes and bench Godlobin. Sounds like the Canucks to me.

Do NOT move Gudbanson... Forget the "eye" test... His analytics are cooking recently. Canucks will regret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad