Ross Mahony (Washintons head scout)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyGod

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
I had a breif convo with the caps head scout Ross Mahony today, and I congradulated him on getting the 1st overall pick, he said "Its good and bad, its nice to have the 1 player, but you want to draft 30 of them and win the cup." Still doesnt make any sense to me but I thought maybe you guys could help elaborate. BTW very nice man. Great guy.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
I think he meant you want to draft 30 #1's and win the cup. Meaning just because they have the #1 picks doesn't guarantee them success.

Not sure why 30? But that's my take on it.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
hockeyGod said:
I had a breif convo with the caps head scout Ross Mahony today, and I congradulated him on getting the 1st overall pick, he said "Its good and bad, its nice to have the 1 player, but you want to draft 30 of them and win the cup." Still doesnt make any sense to me but I thought maybe you guys could help elaborate. BTW very nice man. Great guy.

What he means is he would rather draft 30th overall, which is where the Cup winning team picks. Your "of them" was probably "th," not 30 of them, but 30th. And you're right, Ross is a great guy.

SwOOsh*

BobMckenzie said:
What he means is he would rather draft 30th overall, which is where the Cup winning team picks. Your "of them" was probably "th," not 30 of them, but 30th. And you're right, Ross is a great guy.

Thanks for clearing that up Bob, it makes perfect sense now.

P.S: You should get an avatar with your photo on it :)

Greg

Feb 27, 2002
Mr. Mckenzie- Everyone is looking forward to your draft preview, when do you think it will be on tsn.ca? Many thanks

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
hockeyGod said:

He probably said "...draft 30th 'n win the cup". Ross was a high school teacher so he probably wouldn't say what you wrote above.

By the way, which NHL head scouts have a lengthy background in high-level hockey and which don't? And does it make any difference?

hockeyGod

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
steblick said:
He probably said "...draft 30th 'n win the cup". Ross was a high school teacher so he probably wouldn't say what you wrote above.

By the way, which NHL head scouts have a lengthy background in high-level hockey and which don't? And does it make any difference?

I know he was a high school teacher, went to the school, and yes that was the exact quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad