Rosno Cup (formerly the Baltika Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Yes, thanks to the more physical FEL Jussi is more ready for NHL but still, I can't help to think that it's going to be Peltonen Part Deux in his case...I'd love to be wrong about this but this is how I see it.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Well this is it, Russia owned this tournament. With today's 1-0 win over the Czechs Russia remained perfect at 3-0.

Once again the Russians sucked, but individually they're so much better than the opposition! Semin really impressed in those 3 games, and Perezhogin also displayed some nice skills ... except today when he had a nearly empty net, and shot the puck into the goalie's glove.

Last edited:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Pepper said:
Yes, thanks to the more physical FEL Jussi is more ready for NHL but still, I can't help to think that it's going to be Peltonen Part Deux in his case...I'd love to be wrong about this but this is how I see it.
Well... Jussi should be much more suited for play on a third or fourth line than Ville ever was.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
mattihp said:
Well... Jussi should be much more suited for play on a third or fourth line than Ville ever was.

Hell most 15 year olds are more suited to 3rd-4th line duties than Peltonen, I just don't see Jokinen being a 3rd liner, let alone a 4th loner.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Come on guys, give me the link to the video of Kovalchuk vs. Frögren!!

Faaxinho

Dec 2, 2003
Tampere, Finland
Finland - Sweden : 3-0

Two goals by Salmelainen and one emptynetter by Niinimaa.
Norrena played a good game, nothing spectacular, but very solid performance.

aonez

Dec 23, 2003
Visit site
Norrena is better class then Kiprusoff. He is definitely better than any other Finnish goalie like Nurminen, Markkanen etc. Kiprusoff is good, but has a losers mentality. Norrena is a winner. With Norrena in goal in World Cup against Canada, I´m sure Finland would´ve won.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
aonez said:
Norrena is better class then Kiprusoff. He is definitely better than any other Finnish goalie like Nurminen, Markkanen etc. Kiprusoff is good, but has a losers mentality. Norrena is a winner. With Norrena in goal in World Cup against Canada, I´m sure Finland would´ve won.
I hope this is a joke... Norrena either shuts it closed or lets anything in on the national team...

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Norrena's not that much of a big game goalie..

but imho we shoulda tried starting the 3rd period against Canada with Lehtonen in goal, not that it was Kipper's fault we lost, our defense was non-existant at the start of the periods..

Taze

Jan 27, 2003
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Pepper said:
Two words: Ville Peltonen

Bah, Ville was a shadow of what we saw in Karjala-Cup. He looked very tired and was the weakest link in that line. Ok, OJ was invisible too (I still can't believe he managed to score 3 goals against Czechs with such a lousy performance). Anyway I don't think I've seen Ville in such problems in own zone in... what 5-6 years, dunno what it was, but he wasn't what I expected. Also Ville was unable to create scoring opportunities for his linemates (remember Karjala-Cup? He was purely amazing). Jussi then, he's either lucky or then he reads the game very well or both. He constantly seems to be in the right place in offensive zone, pucks just seem to bounce for him and IMO his passing game has imporved a lot too, he also seems to find his linemates better.

aonez

Dec 23, 2003
Visit site
mattihp said:
I hope this is a joke... Norrena either shuts it closed or lets anything in on the national team...

Well it´s that mentality that is Finlands loss. Finland has a real loser mentality, remember 1-5 to 6-5, World Cup final, and Kiprusoff has that losers mentality. And Norrena either shuts it closed or let´s in almost nothing in both the club and NT. All I know is that a Finland with Norrena in goal wouldn´t turn 1-5 into 6-5 and would´ve given Finland a better chance in the World Cup final. If he only would have played in NHL he would have bigger respect, but you overrate you NHL-goalies. Nurminen is crap, real crap, compared to Norrena.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
aonez said:
Well it´s that mentality that is Finlands loss. Finland has a real loser mentality, remember 1-5 to 6-5, World Cup final, and Kiprusoff has that losers mentality. And Norrena either shuts it closed or let´s in almost nothing in both the club and NT. All I know is that a Finland with Norrena in goal wouldn´t turn 1-5 into 6-5 and would´ve given Finland a better chance in the World Cup final. If he only would have played in NHL he would have bigger respect, but you overrate you NHL-goalies. Nurminen is crap, real crap, compared to Norrena.

oo-kay..

pass the joint will you?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
aonez said:
Nurminen crap?
:P

Now you're going much too far... I can understand if you don't like Pasi's style, but to the contrary from Norrena, Pasi gives his all and has a passion to hockey that Fredrik couldn't even touch.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
wilka91 said:
Well the Finns didn't play very physical, or at least not as much as Sweden. They hung on to the puck a little more and obviously created much more scoring chances. But on the other hand it was the 1st game for both team, so I dunno.

Sweden must have put up a hell of a performance in physical department if you think they played more physical than Finland. Against Russia, Finland absolutely drilled the russians to the boards, not more than 5 minutes to the game Karalahti opened someones face with an open ice hit (a bit questionable, he kinda used his fists). I loved the physical dominance that the finns used especially in the russian end, but of course russians had more great individuals on ice.

The tournament was ok...Russia naturally put a strong team on the home ice, thats what everyone does in EHT. I was surprised about Finland being able to win against Czech after being so far behind.

Someone commented about Fedor Fedorov....well...I absolutely hated his hooking and grabbing style. People here in Finland ***** about our league being a hooking league, but Fedor Fedorov alone showed me that this questionable skill is still mastered by someone else than people in our league. Russia kinda disappointed me with their style...they had so much talent on the ice, why did they have to do so much hooking, and that horrible interference to the backchecker. Finns base their game on strong pressure on the opposition defensemen so they dont have much time to work...when a referee allows active interfering with the backchecker, Finland does not have a chance really. Referees just sometimes let it slide for some weird reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad