Prospect Info: Rory Kerins, C, 174th pick in 2020

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
He's at 118 points in 67 games, 1 game left to go.....can he hit 120??

Greyhounds open up RND 1 vs Guelph Storm next week. Hope he can have a good run, but it'd also be nice to see him quickly pack his bags for Stockton (I almost typed Abbottsford, lol)

Nightrain

Nov 4, 2009
Calgary
Check out Mason Black on the Fantasy Hockey Life podcast episode 180 around the 81 minute mark talking about Rory.
His model has him ranked the 19th best prospect right between Xavier Bourgault and Mavrik Bourque,(see his Twitter feed).
In the podcast he tempers the expectations to a middle 6 guy with some scoring punch but even if he only gets a few NHL games in, a fantastic pickup in the 6 th round.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Surprised by this for sure, anybody got a read on how training camp went for him? Maybe they want him playing minutes at C but not enough spots on the Wranglers?

He didn't even get a preseason game in. I'd have to believe he suffered some sort of injury during the young stars tournament and is playing catchup to begin the year. Either that, or he came into camp out of shape and they are sending him a message, but that is just pure speculation on my part.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Scored in his 1st game.
I watched a few Soo games lastyear, he seems to be a perimeter player. But I'm sure he could be used right now on the PP for the Wranglers. I don't think he'll be down there long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad